Hello again, I am still new to this forum and want to get more advice and reassurance from people who have had a lot more experience.

Building on my previous question, is it possible to maintain a buzzed look long-term with a hair transplant and using beard grafts to reinforce the temples?

I am trying to gauge my options for the future. If I had surgery, (currently trying to maintain a N2 with thick hair with medication) I would prioritize building a hairline, even if it meant sacrificing the sides and back, and then proceed with SMP. I understand concerns about depleting donor areas due to scarring and further hair loss, but I already have a large birthmark on the back of my head and have accepted that scars are a trade-off I’m willing to make to frame my face. Additionally, would I need to be on a DHT inhibitor to prevent the beard grafts from falling out? I know Eugenix are the best for doing temple work with beard grafts but the pictures I have seen are of more extreme cases than mine. 

When I am older, I wouldn't mind rocking something short such as the images below of one of my favourite actors from France (think he had a HT too). Has anybody else on this forum gone through a similar procedure? 

Many thanks for your time and guidance.

7731144-vincent-cassel-a-souhaite-un-bel-anniver-580x0-4.webp

F-97M-cWwAEvhdD.jpeg

• Valued Contributor
45 minutes ago, lyskvostroya said:

I know Eugenix are the best for doing temple work with beard grafts

Eugenix (nor any other clinic of repute) do not use beard grafts at the temples/hairline. Beard grafts are strictly utilised further back in the crown, midscalp and lateral humps if needed.

That said, you could likely achieve the slightly longer buzzcut look you've exampled after several HT's (and especially in combination with SMP). But it depends on your donor, your hair type, the quality of the work and all the usual factors. The top of the scalp won't be as dense looking as buzzcut with native hair and the sides will be thinned out a lot. You may have to find the sweet spot for length at buzzcut levels to get it to look right but it's doable.

Some pictures of you rather than a French actor would be helpful though! :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Berba11 said:

Eugenix (nor any other clinic of repute) do not use beard grafts at the temples/hairline. Beard grafts are strictly utilised further back in the crown, midscalp and lateral humps if needed.

That said, you could likely achieve the slightly longer buzzcut look you've exampled after several HT's (and especially in combination with SMP). But it depends on your donor, your hair type, the quality of the work and all the usual factors. The top of the scalp won't be as dense looking as buzzcut with native hair and the sides will be thinned out a lot. You may have to find the sweet spot for length at buzzcut levels to get it to look right but it's doable.

Some pictures of you rather than a French actor would be helpful though! :D

Ah, thanks for the correction. So to achieve this look you would need to build the temples and hairline with the donor and strengthen the rest with body/beard hair? I still have thick hair. I am just looking for hope in case the worst scenario happens as I don't suit a bald head (already tried it).

8 hours ago, lyskvostroya said:

Hello again, I am still new to this forum and want to get more advice and reassurance from people who have had a lot more experience.

Building on my previous question, is it possible to maintain a buzzed look long-term with a hair transplant and using beard grafts to reinforce the temples?

I am trying to gauge my options for the future. If I had surgery, (currently trying to maintain a N2 with thick hair with medication) I would prioritize building a hairline, even if it meant sacrificing the sides and back, and then proceed with SMP. I understand concerns about depleting donor areas due to scarring and further hair loss, but I already have a large birthmark on the back of my head and have accepted that scars are a trade-off I’m willing to make to frame my face. Additionally, would I need to be on a DHT inhibitor to prevent the beard grafts from falling out? I know Eugenix are the best for doing temple work with beard grafts but the pictures I have seen are of more extreme cases than mine. 

When I am older, I wouldn't mind rocking something short such as the images below of one of my favourite actors from France (think he had a HT too). Has anybody else on this forum gone through a similar procedure? 

Many thanks for your time and guidance.

7731144-vincent-cassel-a-souhaite-un-bel-anniver-580x0-4.webp

F-97M-cWwAEvhdD.jpeg

I really think you are on-to-something.  Keep exploring this idea.  Each members feedback will help shape your opinion.  And, it will help you understand what is realistic, or not.  This will help when you ask your doctor questions.

• Like 1

There was a guy on here who had a HT and then SMP to do exactly what your goal is. It looked good.

if you search up “I cured my hairloss” or something similar, his post should come up with a photo.

• Like 1