Is Mohammed Shami transplant a failed one? It is done by Eugenix

It has been more than a year since his ht being done but what i can see is very low density.It is done with more than 4000 grafts. These days i see Eugenix results are below par for that cost

IMG_3503.jpeg

• Valued Contributor

Would need to see the post-op pictures to see the graft placement. This could be thinning from additional hair loss that is exaggerated in outdoor lighting, or it could be an issue with the transplant. Without more context it's impossible to say.

@Berba11   This is a link to a video documenting his before and after journey, which was posted 6 months ago, which may be of help. Farid Ahmed Malik Transplant Journey and here is a side profile still from the video beforeandafter.thumb.jpg.e876743ef8b544f8764ca8b7f309fcf4.jpg

• Valued Contributor
11 minutes ago, Fred2023 said:

@Berba11   This is a link to a video documenting his before and after journey, which was posted 6 months ago, which may be of help. Farid Ahmed Malik Transplant Journey and here is a side profile still from the video beforeandafter.thumb.jpg.e876743ef8b544f8764ca8b7f309fcf4.jpg

If you pause that video at the 2.18 mark you can see the post-op work. He didn't really have any grafts placed into the latter half of the midscalp close to the crown (even though there's clearly loss and probably should have, unless there's a two-stage plan of course), whereas in the OP's picture a lot of that thinned out area is further back than his transplant, so is probably native hair continuing to thin. I have the same issue with the left corridor from my midscalp - it's thinning a lot and under harsh light looks worse than it is (having this addressed in December in any case at Hattingen).

His left temple behind the hairline is a bit sparse though, albeit his hair is pushed all over the place in outdoor lighting which does expose HT's. He might benefit from an extra session for density in that area, which isn't uncommon. There's certainly room for improvement but I wouldn't call it a failure based on this less flattering outdoor photo that mostly shows thinning in an area that was never addressed.

29 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

Would need to see the post-op pictures to see the graft placement. This could be thinning from additional hair loss that is exaggerated in outdoor lighting, or it could be an issue with the transplant. Without more context it's impossible to say.

I think it not additional hair loss, looks like his head is completely covered but still there is lot of thinning 

IMG_3504.jpeg

• Valued Contributor
13 minutes ago, Manik Basha said:

I think it not additional hair loss, looks like his head is completely covered but still there is lot of thinning 

IMG_3504.jpeg

Interesting - the grafts in the crown were not visible at all in the video so this is helpful. It certainly looks like he's not had good growth behind the hairline at the left temple as a lot of grafts were placed there.

Going further back along the left corridor just above the lateral hump he's had some grafts but clearly not too many and there's a lot of native hair there as well so not enough grafts placed there + thinning of the native hair would make sense in explaining that area looking sparse (plus, again, harsher outdoor lighting helps no one!).

Certainly not Eugenix's best result...

38 minutes ago, YodaHead said:

Do we know for sure that the first photo on this thread is actually latest and not a stock image taken months earlier?

It’s on his insta unfortunately

IMG_6378.png

Eugenix heavily marketed this guy Hair Transplant procedure. Dr Pradeep and Dr Arika both were involved in his procedure.

Things are really going down for Eugenix

5 hours ago, Rawkerboi said:

Eugenix ha pubblicizzato pesantemente la procedura di trapianto di capelli di questo tizio. Il dott. Pradeep e il dott. Arika sono stati entrambi coinvolti nella sua procedura.

Le cose stanno davvero andando male per Eugenix

What do you mean they're going bad? Isn't this a case of a clinic or are you also referring to other cases?

51 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Shami has appeared at several events and his hair looks great. That photo is definitely an early one. 

No This is the latest one..he was injured and he started training again

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Rawkerboi said:

Eugenix heavily marketed this guy Hair Transplant procedure. Dr Pradeep and Dr Arika both were involved in his procedure.

Things are really going down for Eugenix

Yeah. Recently most of their results are not upto the mark. Many of their ht’s lack the density which i feel other clinics are providing at lower cost. Only good thing about them is that their hairline looks natural. 

Edited by Manik Basha

5 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Shami has appeared at several events and his hair looks great. That photo is definitely an early one. 

These are his latest photos and he never had this much hair before.

you cant just blame the clinic here! Have you asked Mohammed Shami whether he is on any medication to preserve and maintain his existing hair? exactly thought as much..

19 minutes ago, Sunshine09 said:

you cant just blame the clinic here! Have you asked Mohammed Shami whether he is on any medication to preserve and maintain his existing hair? exactly thought as much..

The area in question here is undoubtably where he had transplanted hair. That shouldn’t thin so soon after a transplant.

Really surprised at this as they had Pradeep work on him. I’d be inclined to think something more is at play here

• Valued Contributor
5 hours ago, DeltaV said:

Very similar to my Eugenix HT results....good hairline but not so good behind it. IMG-20240710-WA0030.thumb.jpg.144f1b522985129f51282a01139ec09c.jpgIMG-20240710-WA0027.thumb.jpg.58305fccabd92590c73a069f2bf6f295.jpg

Your results were excellent, and what you're displaying in this photo is pretty much in line with what you'd expect to see after a single pass across a large area, especially when the hair is separated in an unflattering manner and photographed in high-definition close up. Improving density is usually a multi-step process and in cases where's there's a lot of scalp to cover, there will be weaker spots and compromise.

I'm not saying you're guilty of this, but maybe some people need reminding that HT's offer illusions of density, are often less than half the native density (especially behind the hairline when things typically get to around 30-35 grafts per cm2) and that the only way to get closer to native density is through multiple sessions (donor resources permitting).

• Like 1

• Administrators
6 hours ago, DeltaV said:

Very similar to my Eugenix HT results....good hairline but not so good behind it. IMG-20240710-WA0030.thumb.jpg.144f1b522985129f51282a01139ec09c.jpgIMG-20240710-WA0027.thumb.jpg.58305fccabd92590c73a069f2bf6f295.jpg

You’re not being genuine with this post, you need to post how you looked before same angle. You had me remove your first thread, where everyone said your results looked great. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.