SMP - Temporary

After getting a HT, some guys use a little SMP to add slightly more dense look.  I am considering this.  But, in the mean-time, is there a "temporary" SMP that only last a few days, or even a few hours?  Basically, I'm trying to get an idea of how I might look.  If this is not possible --- Is there an alternate tool that could create something similar?  Something to create little black dots.  I think a woman's eye liner, or related tool could do it?  Just experimenting.  Any suggestions?  ty

6 minutes ago, Approach said:

After getting a HT, some guys use a little SMP to add slightly more dense look.  I am considering this.  But, in the mean-time, is there a "temporary" SMP that only last a few days, or even a few hours?  Basically, I'm trying to get an idea of how I might look.  If this is not possible --- Is there an alternate tool that could create something similar?  Something to create little black dots.  I think a woman's eye liner, or related tool could do it?  Just experimenting.  Any suggestions?  ty

Yeah there’s temporary tattoos as well. I don’t know much about them but I know they exist.

IIRC they work in stages/layers. When I was looking into this, several decent clinics proposed something like

1) test area to see skin reaction/no allergies etc

2) first overall pass, which gives a light coloring

3) couple of weeks later 2nd and 3rd (if needed) overall passes, to reach desired hue/matching your hair color

You could stop at step 2 and see how you like it. It's very flexible as a type of procedure, from what I've seen

Two successful repairs (pluggy hairline removal + donor restoration) with Dr Ball - The Maitland Clinic

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/72766-pluggy-hairline-removal-donor-restocking-2-repairs-with-dr-ball-maitland-clinic/

keep in mind that SMP is not a permanent, one-and-done procedure. The tattoo will fade after a number of years, just like with any tattoo. 

I am by no means a subject matter expert in SMP, but I looked into SMP myself and was told I may need touch-up sessions every 5 years or so. 

Also keep in mind that the sun will make the tattoo fade quicker. Probably not a big deal, but you should be mindful that getting SMP done is not something you can just forget about for the rest of your life. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/26/2024 at 12:23 PM, Paul_ said:

IIRC they work in stages/layers. When I was looking into this, several decent clinics proposed something like

1) test area to see skin reaction/no allergies etc

2) first overall pass, which gives a light coloring

3) couple of weeks later 2nd and 3rd (if needed) overall passes, to reach desired hue/matching your hair color

You could stop at step 2 and see how you like it. It's very flexible as a type of procedure, from what I've seen

Thanks for answering, if I want to know more, I will ask. And for students in need of research paper assistance, https://academized.com/write-my-research-paper provides expert writing services. Their professional writers ensure each paper is custom-written and free from plagiarism. Starting at $12.99 per page, the service is both affordable and high-quality. Clients can choose their writer based on expertise and reviews, ensuring a personalized fit. The service is adept at handling urgent deadlines, guaranteeing timely delivery. Academized offers a reliable solution for managing academic workload and achieving top grades.

Thanks for the info, I didn't know it.

Edit: If I want to know more, I will ask here or will start my own thread.

Edited by RoseNelson