Comparing Surgeons for My Second Hair Transplant—Need Your Input!

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone,

I am looking for some advice and help in choosing a surgeon for my second HT. I had about 4,000 grafts done in my first surgery about 14 months ago in the frontal and mid-scalp areas. For this next surgery, I need 3,000-3,300 grafts for my crown and upper mid-scalp. My first surgery was at Eugenix with a procedure led by Dr. Bansal. Overall, I am fairly happy with the results, but Eugenix has significantly increased their prices, and I am looking for a more budget-friendly option.

My first option is to go with Eugenix's premium package, which includes either Dr. Somesh or Dr. Das, and costs ~$3 per graft (the same price I paid last time). I live in the USA, so the cost of tickets will add up too. Therefore, I have been thinking that since I am paying $3 per graft, I might be able to find a better doctor in the same price range who can give me more confidence, possibly better results, and/or at least be somewhere more convenient to travel to from the USA (like Mexico or Europe).

My second option is Dr. Nader, but despite many attempts, I have never heard back from his team. The advantage is that he is close to where I live, and I wouldn't even need to fly (4-5 hours drive). Does anyone know how to contact them? I even called their office, but they only speak Spanish.

Another option is Dr. Laorwong. I have heard/read good reviews about his results. He offered $2.5 per graft. He is in Thailand, which is even farther for me compared to India, but of course, this won't be a problem if I know he will be better than Somesh or Das.

What about surgeons in Turkey, for example Dr. Gur? Turkey is easier to travel to as it will be only one flight.

Basically, I would like to know your opinion about these doctors and how you compare them with Dr. Somesh or Dr. Das. I am also open to any other doctors, in $2.5-$3.5/graft price range, that you may recommend. I really appreciate anyone that can help me. I am having a hard time deciding.

Thanks!

@Melvin- Admin, @A_4_Archan, @Berba11, @mr_peanutbutter, @Shadman, @Al - Moderator

Edited by Hou

• Valued Contributor

Personally I would want a surgeon that will be involved throughout the entire process, even if that simply means overseeing the parts of surgery that are being delegated. As you know, at Eugenix there's minimal surgeon involvement irrespective of which package you choose. You'll get the design and the incisions and that's it (the surgeon mostly won't even be in the room during surgery).

I'm more familiar with the European market than I am North & Central America so will leave that to others. 

Thailand has, in my view, the best "budget-friendly" options. I would avoid Turkey personally speaking though others will take a different view. It might be worth reaching out to Dr Ted Miln in the UK. I don't know exactly what he charges per graft but I believe it's around the £2.70-3.00 range. That may push your budget a bit, but at least have a consultation. You'll get an extremely high level of involvement, skill and care and I doubt his prices are going to stay in this range for long.

Would be good to see some pictures of your current situation.

• Thanks 1

tbh 3usd is like 2.5 eur which is at the lower end you have to pay these days in europe.

laorwong and his partner dr. bonus are a very good options. i think @Kulkarni might be cheaper though but also posted some nice results, so might check the prices there out.

you could also  look into @Dr. Espinosa Custodio in mexico and

@Bogota Hairlines in colombia which both charge like 2.5 usd to my knowledge

in turkey you could consider dr.turan or dr. gur where the pricing system is based on the amount of grafts you need (i think). probably the best you contact @FUECAPILAR directly to find out about prices.

i also really liked @Dr. Ahmed Altan work that got posted here, not sure about the price though.

a very good option is also @Dr Fares Seffen Clinic in tunis.

• Thanks 1

Have you looked into Dr. Bekir Bek in Ankara? He is an ex-HLC surgeon similar to Pekiner. He also uses the same stick and place method like HLC and Pekiner, and is involved in all the parts of the surgery. Last I heard he was charging 2 euro per graft since he only recently opened his clinic, but I'm sure his price will go up soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Berba11 said:

Personally I would want a surgeon that will be involved throughout the entire process, even if that simply means overseeing the parts of surgery that are being delegated. As you know, at Eugenix there's minimal surgeon involvement irrespective of which package you choose. You'll get the design and the incisions and that's it (the surgeon mostly won't even be in the room during surgery).

I'm more familiar with the European market than I am North & Central America so will leave that to others. 

Thailand has, in my view, the best "budget-friendly" options. I would avoid Turkey personally speaking though others will take a different view. It might be worth reaching out to Dr Ted Miln in the UK. I don't know exactly what he charges per graft but I believe it's around the £2.70-3.00 range. That may push your budget a bit, but at least have a consultation. You'll get an extremely high level of involvement, skill and care and I doubt his prices are going to stay in this range for long.

Would be good to see some pictures of your current situation.

Thank you for your input. I completely agree with what you said about Eugenix, which is one of the reasons I am exploring other options. I prefer to pay a bit more if it means having a procedure with a doctor who is more involved.

Thanks for recommending Dr. Ted. I just sent him an online consultation request through the website and hope to hear back from him soon. The UK is more convenient and less expensive to fly to, so that may make up the cost difference a bit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

tbh 3usd is like 2.5 eur which is at the lower end you have to pay these days in europe.

laorwong and his partner dr. bonus are a very good options. i think @Kulkarni might be cheaper though but also posted some nice results, so might check the prices there out.

you could also  look into @Dr. Espinosa Custodio in mexico and

@Bogota Hairlines in colombia which both charge like 2.5 usd to my knowledge

in turkey you could consider dr.turan or dr. gur where the pricing system is based on the amount of grafts you need (i think). probably the best you contact @FUECAPILAR directly to find out about prices.

i also really liked @Dr. Ahmed Altan work that got posted here, not sure about the price though.

a very good option is also @Dr Fares Seffen Clinic in tunis.

Thank you for your reply. I can push my budget a bit, up to $3.5, if that makes a difference and ensures better results and convenience (less flight time and travel). I have consulted with Dr. Laorwong, and he is on my list, though, as I mentioned, Thailand is even farther for me than India. I have also contacted FUECAPILAR and Dr. Gur. I will definitely look into Dr. Custodio.

13 minutes ago, BeardedArbor said:

Have you looked into Dr. Bekir Bek in Ankara? He is an ex-HLC surgeon similar to Pekiner. He also uses the same stick and place method like HLC and Pekiner, and is involved in all the parts of the surgery. Last I heard he was charging 2 euro per graft since he only recently opened his clinic, but I'm sure his price will go up soon.

No, but I will look into that. Thanks.

• Valued Contributor
On 7/26/2024 at 8:10 PM, Hou said:

Thank you for your input. I completely agree with what you said about Eugenix, which is one of the reasons I am exploring other options. I prefer to pay a bit more if it means having a procedure with a doctor who is more involved.

Thanks for recommending Dr. Ted. I just sent him an online consultation request through the website and hope to hear back from him soon. The UK is more convenient and less expensive to fly to, so that may make up the cost difference a bit.

I should add that if you’re happy with your results from Dr Arika but it’s mainly the increase in price that makes you want to consider your options, it might be worth reaching out to her and asking if they could honour the price you paid previously as an ongoing patient. I’m sure they would be happy to accommodate (but it’s at least worth asking the question). 

• Thanks 1

Hello, @Hou as you've mentioned me I'd like to give my own opinion. By seeing your previous update I could remember your case. All the doctors that you're considering all of them are definitely good options to look at. However, I'm more into selecting the same surgeon for second sitting or a touch up procedure (if satisfied with the outcome) I understand that pricing is definitely a factor to consider. But if you proceed with the same surgeon that particular surgeon already has some knowledge. For example- few days back I went for a touch up procedure with Dr. Somesh. Al though he was promoted to the higher package but still I made some few adjustments and went for that package. Because simply I didn't want to describe everything to a surgeon who has no prior knowledge. I think as you're considering Dr. Arika firstly you should talk to Eugenix about the available options. Best wishes 👍

• Thanks 1