I have a mole on my forehead, what happens to it during an FUE?

I have a mole (dark brown spot) in the area of my forehead where I want my new hairline to go down into.

I tried the search box here but it doesn't look like this topic has been explored on this forum yet. 

Anyway, I'm planning on going to the derma to have it looked at/ removed if necessary.

But what is the standard procedure for moles during an FUE? Do they just pierce it and place a graft there? Do they just go around it?

Moles should not be messed with by anyone other than a dermatologist - if they deem it safe, you may get it removed beforehand by a specialized dermatologist (likely via excision, if not lasered off) and then a good HT surgeon can FUE over that scar

• Like 2

Two successful repairs (pluggy hairline removal + donor restoration) with Dr Ball - The Maitland Clinic

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/72766-pluggy-hairline-removal-donor-restocking-2-repairs-with-dr-ball-maitland-clinic/

• Moderators

I agree with Paul that it's probably best to see a Dermatologist to have it removed first.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

13 hours ago, Bandit90 said:

I havea couple on my head and forehead. They transplanted around it and didn't put any grafts into it. 

Yes, I see where the doctor had to design a very sharp angle around that mole near your temple. Other than that, you've had a night and day transformation from Friar Tuck to the average Joe, I applaud you.