FUE SCARING (WHITE SCARS) HOW DOES IT LOOK LIKE, IS THERE SUPPOSED TO BE WHITE SCARS

• Administrators

FUE is not scarless. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

8 hours ago, dizzydap said:

Hello,

14 months post op shaved donor, your thoughts..

Is there supposed to be white scars?

IMG_5942.jpeg

IMG_5946.jpeg

Either you haven’t actually had a HT or you’re Wolverine? I am struggling to see any scars..

The appearance of scars on your donor area based on the single photo you provided is negligible. This is not to say you don't have any, sometimes scars are more prominent when your skin is tanned and/or if you stand underneath a different light source/lighting angle.

Some people scar more noticeably than others, it all depends on individual physiology. Because your shaved your hair down to a 0 it may not make the scars so obvious, but as your hair grows a certain length you will certainly see gaps where the grafts were punched out.

• Consultation with Dr Bruno Ferreira - Nov 2023 - - see link below for more info
  • First surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira - Sept 2024 -  - 3200 grafts to frontal third and partial mid-scalp - link to thread
  • Second surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira - May 2025 -  - 2500-3000 grafts to remainder of mid-scalp and crown + touch-up

Posted (edited)

@Ccd99  @Gatsby  @Big Rome

Thank you for the suggestions, just to be clear I know that fue isnt scarless… I am talking about the way those scar looks depending on the healing process and skin tone of the person. 

Here some photos under natural/white light, I think under direct light I can see them..

IMG_5966.jpeg

IMG_5962.jpeg

Edited by dizzydap
  • Well Done 1

6 hours ago, dizzydap said:

@Ccd99  @Gatsby  @Big Rome

Thank you for the suggestions, just to be clear I know that fue isnt scarless… I am talking about the way those scar looks depending on the healing process and skin tone of the person. 

Here some photos under natural/white light, I think under direct light I can see them..

IMG_5966.jpeg

IMG_5962.jpeg

This looks really good tbh. You can always get SMP only on top of the scars if the very slight discoloration is bothering you.