Does Cbum HT look natural?

The hair line is not right, looks a bit too artificial. Not only do the angles look off but the design of the hairline itself is not masculine.

• Consultation with Dr Bruno Ferreira - Nov 2023 - - see link below for more info
  • First surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira - Sept 2024 -  - 3200 grafts to frontal third and partial mid-scalp - link to thread
  • Second surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira - May 2025 -  - 2500-3000 grafts to remainder of mid-scalp and crown + touch-up

• Administrators

It’s not natural at all, I feel terrible for him. Dr. Ted Miln did a great video essentially laying out the reasons why it looks unnatural. 
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C9rvebMqIFL/?igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor
21 minutes ago, FUEtile said:

something looks off to me

Ha! That's a delicate way of putting it.

Too low, too linear, too pluggy, angles look wrong. I've no idea who this guy is but I'm assuming this is a classic case of someone who has enough money to go somewhere outstanding but has somehow ended at a Turkish horror mill.

• Like 3

Just now, Berba11 said:

Ha! That's a delicate way of putting it.

Too low, too linear, too pluggy, angles look wrong. I've no idea who this guy is but I'm assuming this is a classic case of someone who has enough money to go somewhere outstanding but has somehow ended at a Turkish horror mill.

He’s a popular bodybuilder from Canada. It’s weird because some times his hair looks good when he brushes it down. But certain angles do look pluggy. 

• Valued Contributor
3 minutes ago, FUEtile said:

He’s a popular bodybuilder from Canada. It’s weird because some times his hair looks good when he brushes it down. But certain angles do look pluggy. 

Brushing the hair down hides the hairline, which is where all the sins are evident, so that's probably why his hair looks passable like that.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

It’s not natural at all, I feel terrible for him. Dr. Ted Miln did a great video essentially laying out the reasons why it looks unnatural. 
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C9rvebMqIFL/?igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

maybe you can reach out to him and convince him to get that repaired, its painful to look at

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Chris Bumstead is basically a Mr Olympia royalty at this point and to see him end up at a hair mill with his level of fame amongst particularly impressionable young men is a pretty bad sign.

People already don't have a clue about hair transplants in general and what's probably more alarming is they will think this looks good. 

The hairline is way too straight in the placement of the grafts and obvious without the regularity even a perfect natural hairline would have. On top of that it lowers down on the closing temporal areas to the temple points to boot.

The density also looks mismatched in the first picture when natural light hits it but I can't know how long it has been since he had it done.

Him, Greg Doucette and a few other bigger names ALL went to Turkish hair mills.

I actually even saw Brett Maverick recently have a video where he got a buzz cut style fade and under certain lighting you could fully tell he had FUE scars. It's honestly like people are deliberately ignorant to the realities of a hair transplant and the clear trade offs you have to where you started off with hair loss compared to if you never ever had any.

• Like 3

• Administrators
2 hours ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

maybe you can reach out to him and convince him to get that repaired, its painful to look at

I don’t want to hurt his feelings. He seems happy, I guess this is subjective. If it looks good to him, who am I to tell him differently. But I do believe it’s important to highlight Dr. Milns video. He was attacked quite unfairly in that video. But it had to be said.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Posted (edited)

I was talking to one of my bodybuilder friend about this a few weeks ago. It looks bad, but the worse is yet to come. If he continues to lose hair, that hairline will look even more unnatural. 

Edited by Bhumik Shah MD
  • Like 1

Medical Director/ Hair Transplant Surgeon at BKS Hair Restoration.

NOTE: All posts are for educational purposes only. It is not intended as medical advice. Please direct all inquiries regarding specific health concerns to your physician. 

• Moderators

It looks terrible. It' a straight line wall of hair that's too low. How many of these do people have to see before they stop believing Turkey is the best place for a hair transplant.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

I feel like regular people doesnt care/see that its unnatural. He has hair and possibly can get future surgeries done. I think here we become sensitive to the hairlines that we forgot sometimes we only see something. Most people assume his hair naturally like that.

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Bhumik Shah MD said:

I was talking to one of my bodybuilder friend about this a few weeks ago. It looks bad, but the worse is yet to come. If he continues to lose hair, that hairline will look even more unnatural. 

That will be a disaster I think he’s in his late 20s early 30s too, I hope he’s on dutasteride. 

View my thread

On 8/15/2024 at 10:34 PM, NARMAK said:

actually even saw Brett Maverick recently have a video where he got a buzz cut style fade and under certain lighting you could fully tell he had FUE scars. It's honestly like people are deliberately ignorant to the realities of a hair transplant and the clear trade offs you have to where you started off with hair loss compared to if you never ever had any

I remember this guy from my initial research days and just checked out the update. I'm skeptical he's happier buzzing down with a thick low hairline (he even calls it mature) and FUE scars, but he's invested in it now. Not the best influence over impressionable young men, sending them off in droves to Turkey when the mildest hair loss hits them

Two successful repairs (pluggy hairline removal + donor restoration) with Dr Ball - The Maitland Clinic

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/72766-pluggy-hairline-removal-donor-restocking-2-repairs-with-dr-ball-maitland-clinic/

Posted (edited)

It’s really sad to see this guy is basically disfigured for life unless he gets a “repair” job. What’s more disappointing is he’s based in Canada and could have easily gone to one of the world’s best hair transplant clinics, I’m sure he had the money for it. 

Edited by Sunset Dune

• Administrators

This area here looks very bad. Angles look straight up and there’s definitely multiples. Its not irreparable. But I don’t know if it bothers him. 
IMG_5704.jpeg

• Like 1

View my thread

1 minute ago, Melvin- Admin said:

This area here looks very bad. Angles look straight up and there’s definitely multiples. Its not irreparable. But I don’t know if it bothers him. 
IMG_5704.jpeg

Do you think Chris bumstead will have aggressive loss in the future?

• Administrators
Just now, Phillyman1996 said:

Do you think Chris bumstead will have aggressive loss in the future?

Its very possible, he’s still young and he’s on powerful androgens that will accelerate hair loss. The only hope is he’s on dutasteride.

View my thread

1 minute ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Its very possible, he’s still young and he’s on powerful androgens that will accelerate hair loss. The only hope is he’s on dutasteride.

Yea man I agree I don't think he realizes his hair transplant looks bad lol btw I messaged you

Posted (edited)

It’s very bad. Just way too low and flat of a hairline and not all singles on hairline. Right when he had it done, I said oh my gosh. Oh no. Many of my friends who are into fitness and bodybuilding who are also suffering from hair loss at a young age follow him closely and were liking his posts about the HT, and I tried to respectfully let as many as possible know that this is not an example of a good or appropriate hair transplant and that if they ever wanted help with getting a transplant to talk to me and not follow cbum to NHT lol.

Just because someone famous is really excellent in one field doesn’t mean they are at all intelligent when it comes to anything else. It appears to me that cbum knew absolutely nothing about what a proper HT entails, and he may have just done this as more of a fun thing rather than a serious project of hair restoration. Who knows. Now Hair Time probably did it for free or even paid him for the endorsement, but I can’t believe that hairline they gave him. It will never look natural or appropriate, and with his career activities, he’s very likely to continue losing hair midscalp to crown and that’s going to be a big problem then. I almost commented on the Instagram posts and called out NHT for doing such a terrible job on him but I’ve heard they sometimes block critics and I’d rather be able to still see their page so I thought better. But wow, I just can’t believe they gave him such an inappropriate hairline. You would think they would do a higher quality job on such a huge public figure. I just don’t get it. Artistic design culture must be in the dark there. 

Edited by general-etwan

Instagram: ethanlculver
Eugenix (Drs. Das/Somesh/Vinita) | 11,102 grafts | NW 6/7 | 28 yrs old | 2022/2023/2024
Treatments: Oral finasteride 1 mg, topical minoxidil, vitamin with biotin, hyaluronic acid moisturizer; all 6 days/week