REPAIR DOCTOR AROUND 3usd/graft PRICE

Hello,

I am looking for a repair doctor who is capable of doing repairs like hairline punchouts.

Doing punchouts to a already transplanted hair is different then a native hair since the directions and the angles arent natural so it takes more time.

Do you think doctors like dr laorwong, dr nader, dr pekiner is capable of doing that being amazing doctors but not really known for repairs. 

I am asking since repairs being just a regular fue with hairs that has different angular growth can be done with a really good doctor but not particularly known for “repairs”.

I feel like doctors like dr ferudini and dr ball (~10euros/graft) kind of taking advantage of the patient’s emotional state even though they are the best in that field… 

Posted (edited)

You think that someone who has worked their skill level to be at the top of their game is "taking advantage" of patient's emotional state. Why dont you try developing a bit of work ethic so maybe you can afford the things you want to buy instead of criticizing people who you have no idea about.

There is no magic to repair. Any doctor that is good at hair transplant, chances are will be good at repair. 

Edited by shiba1985
  • Like 1

• Valued Contributor
On 8/17/2024 at 10:19 AM, dizzydap said:

Hello,

I am looking for a repair doctor who is capable of doing repairs like hairline punchouts.

Doing punchouts to a already transplanted hair is different then a native hair since the directions and the angles arent natural so it takes more time.

Do you think doctors like dr laorwong, dr nader, dr pekiner is capable of doing that being amazing doctors but not really known for repairs. 

I am asking since repairs being just a regular fue with hairs that has different angular growth can be done with a really good doctor but not particularly known for “repairs”.

I feel like doctors like dr ferudini and dr ball (~10euros/graft) kind of taking advantage of the patient’s emotional state even though they are the best in that field… 

I would be looking for the best repair doctors in the field with the price being secondary. Focusing on cheap prices is often the very reason people need a repair in the first place. 

Posted (edited)
On 8/17/2024 at 2:19 AM, dizzydap said:

I disagree, and I speak from first hand experience. It is important to dispel such misconceptions:

• I had 1300 punch-outs with Dr Ball over 2 repair surgeries, and it's the absolute best decision I could have taken to entrust my repairs to him
  • I've seen first hand why it's so expensive. You have an extremely well trained doctor with 20+ years of experience and a team of 6 nurses/techs that spare no effort in fixing the bloody mess a hair mill left you
  • It takes a whole day of surgery from this entire team to fix 600-700 badly angled, damaged, scar-tethered grafts
  • All in all, it puts the doctor and his team at risk of failure when it's not their fault, for less financial gain than a regular easy-peasy 2000 graft surgery would bring them. Why do you think there are so few top repair surgeons to begin with?

I strongly suggest you develop a better attitude towards these few very skilled and ethical doctors

Ungrateful patients sap a doctor's willingness to accept further such cases, and God knows the hair mills will keep them coming in increasing numbers

Edited by Paul_
  • Like 2
  • Well Done 1

Two successful repairs (pluggy hairline removal + donor restoration) with Dr Ball - The Maitland Clinic

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/72766-pluggy-hairline-removal-donor-restocking-2-repairs-with-dr-ball-maitland-clinic/

OP is expressing a legitimate concern/remark. Some of the prices we are seeing with many top-tier surgeons are getting out of hand. Whether we cite inflation, high demand, war, etc. as possible explanation is besides the point. This is an objective fact. We may, or may not decide to engage with this, and pay these extremely high prices. That's up to every individual. But Accusing OP of lacking a work ethic or being stingy is unwarranted. There's no need to be simping for these doctors if someone calls out their inflated prices.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, dizzydap said:

@shiba1985 okey I have a reallly good apple juice that took me lots of years of skill to make. wanna buy it for 100$..

No because I can buy a quality apple juice anywhere for a fraction of the cost. I know you are trying to teach me a lesson in economics but maybe you should focus on economics 101. The laws of supply and demand set the price in a capitalistic market. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, shiba1985 said:

No because I can buy a quality apple juice anywhere for a fraction of the cost. I know you are trying to teach me a lesson in economics but maybe you should focus on economics 101. The laws of supply and demand set the price in a capitalistic market. 

That being said, the assumption of a rational agent does not exactly hold up for most hair transplant patients 😂😂

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Eli_Avdikian said:

OP is expressing a legitimate concern/remark. Some of the prices we are seeing with many top-tier surgeons are getting out of hand. Whether we cite inflation, high demand, war, etc. as possible explanation is besides the point. This is an objective fact. We may, or may not decide to engage with this, and pay these extremely high prices. That's up to every individual. But Accusing OP of lacking a work ethic or being stingy is unwarranted. There's no need to be simping for these doctors if someone calls out their inflated prices.

No one is simping for the doctors. 

There are all levels of hair transplant. You can get one for $500 or you can get one for $50,000. It is a free market, no one is putting a gun to your head and telling you to go to the $50,000 doctor. Go with the cheaper one if that is all you can afford but then live with the quality of transplant you get. 

Just because you can only afford to buy a kia, do you start calling the porsche dealership to start lowering their price cause $20,000 is all you can afford or all you are willing to pay? I am guessing you do not. You either step up your game and work harder or quit crying about it.  

No different here.

Edited by shiba1985

Posted (edited)

Before we get really off track here, I'm going to go back to OP's main question, as they're looking for a repair surgeon who can do punch-outs at a a lower price

First of all, there's no harm in directly asking the ones you've mentioned OP. Lots of great surgeons do some level of repair work, even if they don't broadcast that widely. Maybe one of them says yes and shows solid results, and then you've struck gold - lower cost of living in countries like Thailand, Turkey, Mexico etc makes a big difference in the price you pay after all

From my own previous research as well I saw some top surgeons with a proven track record have a smaller mark-up on repair work - Hattingen and Bruno Ferreira come to mind (but definitely not under 3 USD)

Lastly, if you're willing to kill instead of reuse those grafts, electrolysis is an amazingly effective solution for a fraction of the price

Best of luck!

Edited by Paul_

Two successful repairs (pluggy hairline removal + donor restoration) with Dr Ball - The Maitland Clinic

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/72766-pluggy-hairline-removal-donor-restocking-2-repairs-with-dr-ball-maitland-clinic/

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, shiba1985 said:

No one is simping for the doctors. 

There are all levels of hair transplant. You can get one for $500 or you can get one for $50,000. It is a free market, no one is putting a gun to your head and telling you to go to the $50,000 doctor. Go with the cheaper one if that is all you can afford but then live with the quality of transplant you get. 

Just because you can only afford to buy a kia, do you start calling the porsche dealership to start lowering their price cause $20,000 is all you can afford or all you are willing to pay? I am guessing you do not. You either step up your game and work harder or quit crying about it.  

No different here.

One has the feeling that they are conversing with Jordan Peterson when you insist on using these useless analogies and metaphors. You are comparing luxury cars with a medical intervention that seeks to cover/camouflage a DISEASE, i.e. MPB. In this specific case, we are talking about repair patients, literally people who look botched and unnatural. If they had the money, they wouldn't have gone to the clinic that botched them in the first place. And yet, some repair doctors charge 10 dollars/graft, a rate that 90% of us can't afford. I reiterate, this is an OBJECTIVE FACT. I can state that the price is inflated without being rediculed. even in your automobile analogy, I can say that Porsche 911 has an outrageously high price, regardless of whether I decide to buy it or not.

We are a community of hair loss sufferes. The priniciple according to which we should act towards one another is that of solidarity and mutual aid. This is not a "free market". The last thing we should be doing is telling others that they lack a work ethic or any other similar thing.

Edited by Eli_Avdikian
Removed insult

• Administrators
On 8/16/2024 at 5:19 PM, dizzydap said:

Hello,

Unfortunately, this is exactly the kind of thinking that got you to be a repair patient needing punch outs. At this point, going cheap is no longer an option if you want it done right. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor
On 8/23/2024 at 12:47 PM, Eli_Avdikian said:

One has the feeling that they are conversing with Jordan Peterson when you insist on using these useless analogies and metaphors. You are comparing luxury cars with a medical intervention that seeks to cover/camouflage a DISEASE, i.e. MPB. In this specific case, we are talking about repair patients, literally people who look botched and unnatural. If they had the money, they wouldn't have gone to the clinic that botched them in the first place. And yet, some repair doctors charge 10 dollars/graft, a rate that 90% of us can't afford. I reiterate, this is an OBJECTIVE FACT. I can state that the price is inflated without being rediculed. even in your automobile analogy, I can say that Porsche 911 has an outrageously high price, regardless of whether I decide to buy it or not.

We are a community of hair loss sufferes. The priniciple according to which we should act towards one another is that of solidarity and mutual aid. This is not a "free market". The last thing we should be doing is telling others that they lack a work ethic or any other similar thing.

I agree that the comment about "work ethic" was wide of the mark. Nurses and domiciliary care workers for example are some of the hardest working people you could meet and dealing with stuff that most of us could never dream of or stomach (my youngest sister is a care worker and the stuff she attends to... honestly she's amazing as are her peers) at yet they are not paid anything close to what they should be if there was a genuinely meaningful relationship between work ethic, desirability of the job and salary. My sister will never be financially rich in her line of work regardless of how hard she works, how many old people she cares for or how many times she puts her own safety at serious risk when dealing with someone with mental issues. So I fully agree.

That said, @Paul_has rather immaculately explained why repair surgery costs what it does. It takes twice as long to transplant half the number of grafts it ordinarily would for a regular Joe NW3 patient in for his first session, and places added degrees of risk and pressure on the surgeon/clinic due to the possibility of scarring in a visible area and other complications from dealing with a less than straight forward case etc. Most clinics will have a minimum surgical cost that they need to meet for the day, which is the same as many businesses in any line of work or industry (I myself have a minimum order value in my own small business). As punch-outs are dealing with fairly small numbers (typically anywhere from 100-1000 grafts), to simply charge the per graft rate would often not hit the minimum surgical cost threshold. I'm quite sure that surgeons don't like having to charge a higher rate for repair work.

**If governments and their quasi-governmental medical bodies actually operated with the interests of patients in mind by having some proper standards in aesthetic surgery beyond 'is the surgical room nice and clean?' then you could imagine a future scenario where it would be both economically advantageous as well as in the best interests of patients to have some degree of subsidy for corrective cosmetic work.

**(I realise that that's getting down an academic rabbit hole that isn't really worth getting into given that it's simply not going to happen!)

• Moderators
On 8/16/2024 at 8:19 PM, dizzydap said:

The ones taking advantage of the patients emotional state are the Drs promising a great result at a cheap price and then giving you a botch job that needs to be repaired. 10 euros per graft may sound expensive to you, but the total cost would have been less expensive if you went to that 10 euro per graft Dr in the first place instead of paying the cheap clinic first and then realizing you still need to pay 10 euros per graft to do the transplant again the right way.

• Like 2

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.