Dr. Ozlem Bicer requires payment in cash?

I have an date set for HT procedure with Dr. Ozlem Bicer. They are asking for 500 Euro deposit in bank transfer and the rest in cash. Which equals ~8500 euros. This doesn't seem normal to me. Are they expecting me to fly with 8500 euros on my person? Can anyone confirm if this is standard for Dr. Bicer?

Hello everyone,

I want to clarify some points about the payment types. 500 Euro advance payment is charged for hair transplant appointments in Bicer’s clinic. You may pay this payment by bank transfer. You can also make the remaining balance by cash, debit/ credit card or international bank transfer. We recommend that you pay in cash. Because the international bank transfer rates are between  7% to %12 Secondly, you may have some problems withdrawing foreign currency from ATMs and you may pay a high commission and deduction. Especially for credit card payments, the amount that you will pay to your bank may increase because the banks' exchange rates are high. This information is already mentioned on the offers.

Thank you,
Özen

• Like 3

• Moderators
On 8/17/2024 at 10:49 AM, ismaelyws said:

I have an date set for HT procedure with Dr. Ozlem Bicer. They are asking for 500 Euro deposit in bank transfer and the rest in cash. Which equals ~8500 euros. This doesn't seem normal to me. Are they expecting me to fly with 8500 euros on my person? Can anyone confirm if this is standard for Dr. Bicer?

A deposit is standard. Obviously the amount or percentage each clinic asks for is going to vary. Ozen answered the cash question already. As far as carrying that much cash, maybe you can transfer half the day before you go and then pay the remaining in cash when you are there. I would ask them about that if you don't feel safe carrying too much on you.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Al - Moderator said:

As far as carrying that much cash, maybe you can transfer half the day before you go and then pay the remaining in cash when you are there. I would ask them about that if you don't feel safe carrying too much on you.

But it was all answered here :)

The problem is not a transfer itself. It is the high commission / fee / tax you have to pay (7-12%). So even paying 4k ... it would cost arounf 4,4k.
And the other problem is that it is international transfer .... are you sure 1 day is OK? If you ever did such kind of transfers (and you are based in US as far as I know .... so not even within EU countries ....) you probably know that it can take up to 4-5 WORKING days ... (also you can be informed after 2-3 days that money will not be transfered due to [put a random reason here] and the party begins .... again :D  :D ).

Also as for ATMs ... depending on your bank, ATM operator, country, currency and soem other factors ... you can be charged (pay commission) even thrice :)

And THIS IS A ROCKET SCIENCE ... trust me ;)

Edited by baldDick666
hyhy

On 8/17/2024 at 3:49 PM, ismaelyws said:

I paid cash thru for procedure with dr bicer too mate, I know a few others did aswell 👍