TOPICAL DUTASTERIDE DOESNT MAKE SENSE(HELP ME UNDERSTAND PLS)

dizzydap

Posted (edited)

It penetrates but not enough. That incombination with dutasteride pharmacokynetics means it can work really well with low systemic absorption.

You might find this post of my on Tressless Community interesting. I've tried to explain topical dutasteride in detail.

Edited by 4chanhrn

Posted (edited)

Weight is not all, there also size wich is important. And Dalton rule is not a binary rule : it's not 0 or 1.

When encapsuling dutasteride molecule within some vehicule, like lipidic carrier nanoemulsion, total molecule size are about 250 nm and can penetrate the skin:

image.thumb.png.5ccb2dac582779dfb7959d54b49806d3.png

image.thumb.png.9c57a17e6ff82b24601a061e6504965e.png

Example of a nanoemulsion topical vehicule:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/38173065/

Edited by arthurSam

Minoxidil : 5% topical 1ml/day (with Melatonin 0.0033%, Fisetin 1%, Resveratrol 2%, NMN 1%, Ginko 1%, Caffein 0.2%)
DHT and Follicular androgen receptor inhibitor : Topical dutasteride 0.05% twice a week + Fluridil + Pyrilutamide Koshine826
Exosome Mesotherapy 1mm : human Umbilical Chord Exosomes ; see my progress pics here.

@arthurSam @4chanhrn

I dont think I have the option to change the carrier of the solution when it comes to compounding pharmacies..

My solution contains;

-finestride 0.25%
-minoxidil 5%
-tretinoin 0.025%

I feel like I had good gains from this however my hair loss still continues thats why I wanted to add dut instead of fin.(oral versions give me sides)

What should I do? Without changing the carrier adding dutastride would be enough?

Whats the appropriate % for dutestride

IMG_5994.jpeg

• Administrators

The dalton rule is a guideline, not a set in stone rule. Molecules will penetrate if they’re bigger than 500. It needs the right vehicle. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Posted (edited)
On 8/18/2024 at 4:36 PM, dizzydap said:

@arthurSam @4chanhrn

I dont think I have the option to change the carrier of the solution when it comes to compounding pharmacies..

My solution contains;

-finestride 0.25%
-minoxidil 5%
-tretinoin 0.025%

I feel like I had good gains from this however my hair loss still continues thats why I wanted to add dut instead of fin.(oral versions give me sides)

What should I do? Without changing the carrier adding dutastride would be enough?

Whats the appropriate % for dutestride

IMG_5994.jpeg

You can switch to oral medication and/or add AR antagonist like KX if your goal is max efficacy. Topical fin should have higher efficacy vs topical dut because it goes more systemic. 

Point of topical dut is to reduce systemic absorption while keeping some efficacy with the right dose. But if you megadose it to get higher efficacy like some of the readily available highly promoted products, I'm not sure there is real advantage over taking the oral version or topical fin.

Edited by 4chanhrn