Question on HT Candidacy

Hi, I've been seeing several posts by leading hair transplant clinics where the patient is only on Oral Minoxidil only, no Finasteride. 

I was under previous impression that Finasteride was required to be considered a candidate for a hair transplant.

However, for those like myself who cannot tolerate Finasteride and can only take Oral Minoxidil, does this mean I am able to have a hair transplant in the future? 

This is the post I am referring to, patient is only on Oral Minoxidil but got a good result: 

• Valued Contributor
6 hours ago, James K. said:

I was under previous impression that Finasteride was required to be considered a candidate for a hair transplant.

Given that I and others had already told you previously that this is not the case, I'm unsure how you're still confused about this?

Your donor resources, current hair loss and likely future hair loss (determined largely by your family history) are what matters. If you're destined to be a NW7 (which it doesn't seem likely in your case), then you could still get a HT (or two/three) in the future if the donor allows for it. Being on finasteride might improve a person's odds of never reaching whatever hair loss level they're destined to reach, and therefore potentially negate multiple surgeries (or any surgery at all), but that doesn't mean that same person wouldn't be able to address their hair loss at it's fullest extent having not been on preventative medication. We're literally witnessing FUT and FUE surgeries that are bigger than ever and transforming NW6's & NW7's all the time - cases far more complicated than what you're likely to get to based on your excellent head of hair.

You have virtually no hair loss at all, and a more favourable family history. So you don't actually have anything to worry about at all for a quite a long time I would imagine.