Beard Hair Texture

Hi all

im sure this has been talked about at length but a search just kept resulting in posts with beard transplants in reviews.

Anyway my question is, isn’t transplanting beard hair weird? Doesn’t it feel like beard? Rather than head hair? Is it only meant to be done if it’s not possible to get any more from the head? Wouldn’t body hair be better. I have a load of that and it’s a better colour! lol

thanks for any insight

To make beard grafts look natural, we always mix it with scalp grafts and only do the implantation over the middle scalp or crown area.

I myself had a beard procedure by HDC Hair Clinic which looks totally natural over my crown.

• Like 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic.

For consultation, WhatsApp: +972526542654

Maildoronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

• Valued Contributor

@556 as @Doron Harati stated it’s best used only in certain areas as a filler along side scalp grafts. Yes the beard hair is thicker and this can help in giving more volume and illusion of density. Beard hair has a much longer anagen phase than body hair. I’ve had over 8k beard grafts utilized in my three surgeries. 

• Like 3

• Valued Contributor

Yes it feels thicker and slightly stiffer in the mid scalp. However I have noticed since my first surgery two and a half years ago that the beard hair is softening up and is taking on some characteristics of the scalp hair around it. I can now style it back much easier than then. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 8/23/2024 at 4:50 PM, 556 said:

isn’t transplanting beard hair weird? Doesn’t it feel like beard? Rather than head hair? Is it only meant to be done if it’s not possible to get any more from the head? Wouldn’t body hair be better. I have a load of that and it’s a better colour! lol

thanks for any insight

I had my first session of beard hair to scalp about 9 years ago (I used chest hair a year before that). My personal experience is that it first grows in very stiff, kinky, and wiry, but slowly starts to soften up. After 2 to 3 years it starts getting close enough to feeling like scalp hair that I don't really notice except for a few stubborn hairs that take much longer. 

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Moderators
On 9/6/2024 at 8:37 PM, Falling said:

How long do you need to wait before shaving your beard again?  Is it the same than with the scalp?

I was shaving my beard about 5 or 6 days post op.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.