(urgent) how can i make this better? please help experts

In my last post, I received mixed opinions about the drastic irregularities in my hairline. Personally, I do not prefer a straight curve or line, but I also wouldn’t want something that looks too off. Since this is my first time undergoing any sort of hair treatment, I’m unsure if my new hairline is heading in the right direction. I request the experts here to tell me if I need to make any minor tweaks or changes to improve it.

My doctor has agreed to make small adjustments tomorrow to ensure I’m satisfied. He usually draws the same type of hairline for all his patients, and those results look good too. However, I’m just not sure if it will look good on me, considering my forehead is large and my profile differs from those cases. I need your guidance and suggestions.

In summary, what I want is:

1.    A natural-looking hairline that works with short, medium, and long haircuts.
    2.    A hairline that’s not too low or too high, just borderline middle.
    3.    I’m not looking for perfect curves or a straight line.

What I’m afraid it might be heading towards:

1.    Drastic irregularities in the hairline.
    2.    An asymmetrical look on my face.
    3.    The bulge in the middle of my forehead has come down too much and may require removal.

I’m pretty happy with the density I’ve got. Should I consider smoothing out the edges and removing the middle bulge? The doctor mentioned that removing the follicle might cause a minor scar.

I have time until tomorrow morning to make this decision, or I could leave it as is. I need expert advice. Please help me.

IMG_7510.jpeg

IMG_7508.jpeg

IMG_7516.jpeg

IMG_7450.jpeg

a971f26e-76eb-4fca-80ed-897a79312ec7.jpeg

6e346800-86c4-48e9-a5cc-6d29db7e71f4.jpeg

• Valued Contributor

At this stage I would leave it as it is, see what you think when the results come in and then make a call on it. 

Personally i prefer lots of irregularities and everything is a bit over exaggerated post-op so won’t look as soft as when the hair grows out. 

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor
53 minutes ago, darkpassenger said:

thanks @Berba11 i feel i’m gonna follow your advice. btw what did you mean by post op won’t look soft ? kindly elaborate thanks 

I mean that when you’re covered in blood and the scalp is red your hairline won’t look as soft as when everything has healed, the redness has gone and the hair has grown out. 

So although these irregularities may look “drastic” right now, in 12 months time they will probably look a lot softer (as long as they’ve used single graft hairs for the hairline). 

• Like 1

This is honestly one of the better hairlines I've seen. Most people vastly overestimate how straight and symmetrical a natural hairline is (especially one with even minor hair loss, hair loss is never symmetrical), including most hair transplant surgeons who draw straight lines on peoples head and the end result looks like a helmet. 

• Moderators

An irregular hairline the way your was done will look more natural as long as the angles are good and you don't have a lot of multi hair grafts in the hair line. Dr Robert Dorin creates wavy frontal hairlines like yours all the time and they usually look great. You can do a search for him on this forum if you want to see some of his hairline examples. That may make you more comfortable with the design.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Moderators

I decided to post some here for you. I hope you don't mind.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 2 weeks later...