HairInMexico review and is PRP a must?

I’m heading to Cancun, Mexico in a month to get a hair transplant. While there are a few places with good reviews, HairInMexico has been ‘vetted’ by a Canadian business in Vancouver, so they can be a middle man. 
Has anyone been to HairInMexico? Reviews??

Also, most places I speak to really push PRP treatments. Up to 1 before the transplant and a min of 3 after, but at up to $1000CAD each, do I need to drop another 4K?

22 hours ago, Gatsby said:

PRP is a scam as mandatory treatment for a hair transplant. $1KCAD per session ($4K) is money better spent on an elite hair transplant surgeon. If the clinic is pushing this then best look for a better surgeon.

Thanks. The clinic itself isn’t pushing too hard but the independent reading I’ve done suggests that PRP is worth it. I dunno, not spending the 4K, could just mean I go for a second hair transplant if needed rather than spend it on something that ‘may’ help

• Moderators

There's some minor benefits to it for some people, but it's not worth spending a lot of money on. I've said before that if you can get it cheap enough it may be worth doing, but I'd never spend $4000 on it. Maybe $400 and it may be worth trying out.

• Thanks 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.