Holiday surgery- What surgeon ? Turkey Spain or Cyprus ??

Hi there 

I was wondering could someone with experience please suggest a surgeon they used in either Turkey or Spain. I wish to have a HT this coming year - but wish to build a 2 week holiday around the surgery with my wife and family - basically to recover while away ( a side question is how noticeable will it be after 2 weeks healing that you had surgery??) or am I wrong thinking this  ??

Do all surgeons insist on a complete head shave pre surgery- and who does it without doing a head shave ?? Or does this dramatically compromise results if I just cut it short ??

I looked at Ozlem Bicer in Turkey. She seems more affordable that most or would anyone recommend another Turkish coalition member over her ? - does anyone know of up to date pricing??  Is Turkey really the best bang for your buck ?? 

Spain is another option with Dr De Freitas in Valencia as there are direct flights from where I live and I am familiar with holiday in Spain ?? Also anyone know of pricing recently 

Any other suggestions would be most welcome ! Thank you everyone 

• Valued Contributor

Whilst building a holiday around the surgery is fine, I think you need to first find the surgeon. You seem to be shoehorning yourself into two or three countries as your starting point by looking at popular holiday destinations first and the surgeon second. You need to do it the other way round. 

And if you settle on a surgeon that isn’t really in a suitable place for a family holiday, so be it. You need to be willing to sacrifice the holiday component of this in order to get the best possible result. 

Dr michalis and hdc Cyprus are good and affordable for Cyprus, dr bek another good option for turkey, all may have relatively short waiting times also. Loads of great doctors in Spain but not sure about waiting times and price will be more, try so as much research as possible before reaching a decision 👍

• Like 1