Feeling like I've been losing more hair over the past year. Need to make a decision on doctor. Help me decide which consultation is best!

Over the past year I've been documenting my hair loss, and feel like im watching my hair slip away, esp in the front.

I took finasteride for a little bit in 2023 but felt side effects, so i stopped. And I have been taking it again since March, also may have felt some sides (not sure if placebo), so I dropped my intake to .5mg every MWF.

I have been looking for doctors and doing consultation am so overwhelmed by the choices. I want someone I can count on doing a good job.

At first I was following a turkish IG account for a while, but found out it was a hair mill.

Then for another doctor, I went and got a consultation in person and almost signed a contract, and when the assistant came in and said, 'the doctor is great, he also did my hair!". I almost had a heart attack at the botched job and quickly left.

Now I've been eyeing Bogota Hairlines, whose hairlines I love, but recently saw a post about a crown procedure that upset everyone, so I have no idea who to trust anymore.

My latest consultation was with Dr Laorwong, who suggested the most grafts out of everyone (which I assume wouldnt be done in one procedure?) 

Here are some of the notes I've written down after my consultations, please help me decided the best route to go. I really would like to keep it under $10,000 if possible. But I want a job well done most of all.

If my hair is too far gone for a procedure let me know and maybe I'll just shave it instead

Thanks!

Dr Laorwong - Thailand ~ $8500

3500-4000 grafts

Doc places 10-30% of grafts, the rest by assistants

———

Bogota hairline - $7500

3000-3200 grafts 

March 08

———-

Dr. Behnam -  $10,000 

2000 grafts

6.5/graft + 4000 discount

———

HLC turkey 

3500 grafts 

———-

Dr Rahal - $19,000

3000 grafts

6.5/graft 

———-/-

Ziering FUE - $22,000 

2600grafts

‘Would need to undergo a 2nd procedure 

For top of head and crown”

———-

Dr deutsch Bosley

2600 grafts - $18,200

2400 grafts - 16,800

$595 medical fee

PICS FROM LAST YEAR

Screenshot 2024-09-06 at 9.43.18 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-06 at 9.44.59 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-06 at 9.44.43 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-06 at 9.44.20 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-06 at 9.44.04 AM.png

MOST RECENT PICS 

Screenshot 2024-09-06 at 9.46.14 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-06 at 9.46.29 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-06 at 9.46.45 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-06 at 9.47.00 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-06 at 9.47.28 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-06 at 9.47.47 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-06 at 9.49.22 AM.png

Edited by HairyCarey

• Administrators

I would completely dismiss the last two chain clinics. There are a ton of surgeons who could restore your hair. I would use our list as a starting point to submit consultations.

https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/best-hair-transplant-surgeons

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks, is Laorwang and Bogota Hairlines still recommended in general, anecdotally?

Also, what should I look for in terms of how active a doctor is?

Laorwang's office said:

Doctor's Role:
- Hairline design and preparation: The doctor draws the hairline and prepares the area.
- Donor area:The doctor administers local anesthesia (nerve block), makes excisions, and the grafts are extracted by a technician.
- Recipient area: The doctor administers local anesthesia (nerve block), makes pre-made incisions, and places 10-30% of the grafts. The rest are placed by assistants.

^^^ Is this on par with what should be expected? only 10-30% of grafts?

I know people recently had issues with how involved Dr Camacho is with his procedure, so I want to know what to expect

Thanks

Edited by HairyCarey

On 9/6/2024 at 11:31 PM, HairyCarey said:

Thanks, is Laorwang and Bogota Hairlines still recommended in general, anecdotally?

Also, what should I look for in terms of how active a doctor is?

Laorwang's office said:

Doctor's Role:
- Hairline design and preparation: The doctor draws the hairline and prepares the area.
- Donor area:The doctor administers local anesthesia (nerve block), makes excisions, and the grafts are extracted by a technician.
- Recipient area: The doctor administers local anesthesia (nerve block), makes pre-made incisions, and places 10-30% of the grafts. The rest are placed by assistants.

^^^ Is this on par with what should be expected? only 10-30% of grafts?

I know people recently had issues with how involved Dr Camacho is with his procedure, so I want to know what to expect

Thanks

You can never go wrong with Dr. Kongkiat Laorwong. He always produces consistent good results.

Most doctors perform 100% incisions and their technicians perform the rest of the implantation. There are a few Doctors who are fully involved in the procedure, but they come at a high price that is justifiable.

Yes, it's on par to expect that he places 10 to 30% grafts. His assistants are quite experience and been with him for 15 + years.

So you can trust him with your procedure!! Plus he is in your budget i.e under $10,000/-

On 9/6/2024 at 10:28 PM, HairyCarey said:

My latest consultation was with Dr Laorwong, who suggested the most grafts out of everyone (which I assume wouldnt be done in one procedure?) 

I would appreciate it if you could explain further what this means.

• Moderators

If the Dr is making all of the incisions then it’s ok if the techs are inserting most of the grafts because it’s the incisions that will determine the graft angles and where they will go. 

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Valued Contributor
On 9/7/2024 at 2:58 AM, HairyCarey said:

Over the past year I've been documenting my hair loss, and feel like im watching my hair slip away, esp in the front.

I took finasteride for a little bit in 2023 but felt side effects, so i stopped. And I have been taking it again since March, also may have felt some sides (not sure if placebo), so I dropped my intake to .5mg every MWF.

I have been looking for doctors and doing consultation am so overwhelmed by the choices. I want someone I can count on doing a good job.

At first I was following a turkish IG account for a while, but found out it was a hair mill.

Then for another doctor, I went and got a consultation in person and almost signed a contract, and when the assistant came in and said, 'the doctor is great, he also did my hair!". I almost had a heart attack at the botched job and quickly left.

Now I've been eyeing Bogota Hairlines, whose hairlines I love, but recently saw a post about a crown procedure that upset everyone, so I have no idea who to trust anymore.

Here are some of the notes I've written down after my consultations, please help me decided the best route to go. I really would like to keep it under $10,000 if possible. But I want a job well done most of all.

If my hair is too far gone for a procedure let me know and maybe I'll just shave it instead

Thanks!

Dr Laorwong - Thailand ~ $8500

3500-4000 grafts

Doc places 10-30% of grafts, the rest by assistants

———

Bogota hairline - $7500

3000-3200 grafts 

March 08

———-

Dr. Behnam -  $10,000 

2000 grafts

6.5/graft + 4000 discount

———

HLC turkey 

3500 grafts 

———-

Dr Rahal - $19,000

3000 grafts

6.5/graft 

———-/-

Ziering FUE - $22,000 

2600grafts

‘Would need to undergo a 2nd procedure 

For top of head and crown”

———-

Dr deutsch Bosley

2600 grafts - $18,200

2400 grafts - 16,800

$595 medical fee

PICS FROM LAST YEAR

Screenshot 2024-09-06 at 9.43.18 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-06 at 9.44.59 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-06 at 9.44.43 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-06 at 9.44.20 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-06 at 9.44.04 AM.png

MOST RECENT PICS 

Screenshot 2024-09-06 at 9.46.14 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-06 at 9.46.29 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-06 at 9.46.45 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-06 at 9.47.00 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-06 at 9.47.28 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-06 at 9.47.47 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-06 at 9.49.22 AM.png

One thing I would like to add is that when you are considering a surgeon in your research don't be caught up with the price. Hair transplantation is like clay target shooting. You are trying to hit a moving target and over the lifespan you will ultimately require more than one surgery. If you get it wrong the first time it will cost you far more in the long run also. All the best! 👍

@Rawkerboi not sure how to reply to specific box on this site, but I thought I read somewhere the max grafts you could do in one sitting was something at like 3500? Correct me if I'm wrong. Laorwongs office just replied and told me they can do 4500 grafts in a one-day session. Thats a lot. Is that reason for concern? Also, theyre availability isnt until May 2025, wow!

16 minutes ago, HairyCarey said:

@Rawkerboi not sure how to reply to specific box on this site, but I thought I read somewhere the max grafts you could do in one sitting was something at like 3500? Correct me if I'm wrong. Laorwongs office just replied and told me they can do 4500 grafts in a one-day session. Thats a lot. Is that reason for concern? Also, theyre availability isnt until May 2025, wow!

Dr.Laorwong has efficient staff and can do 4500 grafts in one day session but I guess max they stretch it 3500 to 4000 Grafts. There is no need to be concern.

Because of his consistent results and his over grown popularity on Reddit he is booked till May 2025! The waiting list for him will keep growing and his prices will continue to rise. He has recently raised his prices to 90 Baht per graft.

Edited by Rawkerboi