OFFICIAL Verteporfin Hair Loss Cure *Mega Thread

Melvin- Admin

Obviously the main interest here is finding out if verteporfin can significantly regenerate follicles in the donor region of the scalp, but is it possible to explore if it can have an impact in other extraction sites? For example, let’s assume a significant number of beard grafts are used during a procedure, but the patient would still like to have a beard. In theory, it could be possible that verteporfin is able to regenerate beard follicles in the way we expect it to regenerate scalp follicles. Is it possible to mention this idea to hair transplant surgeons, specifically those that frequently use beard and body hairs during transplants? Obviously, this is not as important as scalp follicle regeneration, but could still be beneficial nonetheless.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nikoni said:

hi @Killian, many thanks again for your efforts and impact.

Has there been improvement on donor since the last update ?

Sure why not, it is ~4 months so I can say pretty much what is the outcome. 

My experience:

1) Useless for repeat FUT. Will not use again.

2) Some promise for FUE which will warrant further investigation. Would use again. Scarring less apparent.

I will fade this later on in the year after further work, but the visibility below the strip is relatively unchanged, however not in terms of palpability. Density is reduced, but visually I would say the effects of FUE lessened. I aim to do a high fade after I'm done augmenting the donor further.

I am not interested in this medicine anymore as I'm a strip guy, but it is good to trial things with plausible theory. 

Good luck. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Killian said:

My experience:

2) Some promise for FUE which will warrant further investigation. Would use again. Scarring less apparent.

I will fade this later on in the year after further work, but the visibility below the strip is relatively unchanged, however not in terms of palpability. Density is reduced, but visually I would say the effects of FUE lessened. I aim to do a high fade after I'm done augmenting the donor further.

I am not interested in this medicine anymore as I'm a strip guy, but it is good to trial things with plausible theory. 

Good luck. 

Thank a bunch. Did FUE punch outs from FUT scar improved it or do you speak only about fresh FUE improvement ?

The scar improvement worked as a classic scar improvement does, there was nothing phenomenal from verteporfin. The early days looked very promising as the healing was absolutely deviating from standard, but ultimately amounted to the standard. 

As I suspected prior, tension will win. 

The FUE into virginal areas is where things look better than my previous FUE harvest as a comparison. Punctate scar vs punctate scar. Here, I believe it warrants further cases. 

That's basically it guys. This is not a scientific study but private research for my own case and it's trajectory. It is not governed by robust parameters and the aim was to visually assess does this have application to my goals. Ultimately, I have the answers I require for the path forward. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Killian said:

The scar improvement worked as a classic scar improvement does, there was nothing phenomenal from verteporfin. The early days looked very promising as the healing was absolutely deviating from standard, but ultimately amounted to the standard. 

As I suspected prior, tension will win. 

The FUE into virginal areas is where things look better than my previous FUE harvest as a comparison. Punctate scar vs punctate scar. Here, I believe it warrants further cases. 

That's basically it guys. This is not a scientific study but private research for my own case and it's trajectory. It is not governed by robust parameters and the aim was to visually assess does this have application to my goals. Ultimately, I have the answers I require for the path forward. 

Nice of you to give a personal update. Very appreciated. Good luck in your journey of reaching your goals.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Killian said:

My experience:

Good luck. 

We all you debt of thanks for sharing this information with us, especially in the meticulous way that you do. We are still in the unknown and experiments like this help us gauge the path forward. 

I hope you will be willing to give us an update in 14+ months to to see if there is any further improvement. Dr Barghouthi's  subject continued to show improve well after 4 months. 

As a floating thought, I ponder whether your FUTs have or will have any impact on your current FUE. I would presume one's scalp never returns to its virgin laxity after an FUT and we can only theorise what effect (if any) this could have on a FUE treated with VT.  

Again, thank you. 

Edited by Dragonsphere

Hi, 
I have an upcoming surgery in July. I just got the go-ahead from the doctor that we can use Verteporfin. Is there anywhere in Canada I can get it fast to bring with me (surgery in Thailand, and it's not available). Thanks!

• Like 4

On 6/2/2024 at 3:31 PM, Killian said:

My experience:

Good luck. 

Gotta say, your hair looks great! Maybe it is the lighting or some other visual aspect, but to me this looks quite dense. Not a sign of balding.

Anyway, thanks for the update and good luck on your recovery and further hair journey.

12 hours ago, sansi said:

dear @DrTBarghouthi are there updates planed this month ?

Yes will be calling him for one in this coming week or after. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

On 6/3/2024 at 3:51 AM, Mike1212321312 said:

Hi, 
I have an upcoming surgery in July. I just got the go-ahead from the doctor that we can use Verteporfin. Is there anywhere in Canada I can get it fast to bring with me (surgery in Thailand, and it's not available). Thanks!

Are you comfortable in sharing the name of the doctor who is willing to try verteporfin?

Posted (edited)
On 3/20/2024 at 11:43 AM, DrTBarghouthi said:

Hi guys,

Apologies for the silence. We just finished an FUE case and injected 4 different doses of Verteporfin in specific areas of the mid scalp in order to be able to go back to the exact spots. We used SMP around the areas extracted but also measured precisely the location of each of the spots. The dosages used were: 0.4 mg, 0.6, 0.8 and 1 mg. Photos were taken using the Tricholab system. Will update and share shortly. Happy to hear about all the updates from the community and @Melvin- Admin

Dr Bargouthi's new trial started in March, in his previous trial in 2022 we started seeing indications of regrowth at a month and 12 days precisely 42 days ...in this case it's been a little over 2 months ...this next update should be interesting as the original trials 2 month update showed several hairs sprouting up.

Edited by takuma
  • Like 1

• Administrators
On 6/3/2024 at 3:23 PM, DrTBarghouthi said:

Yes will be calling him for one in this coming week or after. 

Amazing can’t wait for the updates 🙏

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Amazing can’t wait for the updates 🙏

Please ask Dr Bargouthi if he thinks it will be possible to over-harvest FUEs from the donor region, for instance, extracting 75% of the follicles, with the remaining 25% of follicles being enough to signal to the body that it should grow new follicles - or does Dr Bargouthi think 100% of the follicles can be extracted, and the body still know to grow follicles?

Edited by Hair Tomorrow
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Hair Tomorrow said:

Please ask Dr Bargouthi if he thinks it will be possible to over-harvest FUEs from the donor region, for instance, extracting 75% of the follicles, with the remaining 25% of follicles being enough to signal to the body that it should grow new follicles - or does Dr Bargouthi think 100% of the follicles can be extracted, and the body still know to grow follicles?

That would make follow up surgeries difficult also I think in a few more years there will be more advanced yap inhibitors, several are in the works so while I am interested to hear the answer to this question, personally I wouldn't want 100 percent harvested initially, I'd be very cautious to do that. Putting all your eggs, err hair in one basket.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Hair Tomorrow said:

The research is very early, there isn’t enough evidence to make a definitive statement or claim. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

The research is very early, there isn’t enough evidence to make a definitive statement or claim. 

It will have been two months +, so Dr Brggouthi may be able to offer some indication, of whether the over-harvested spots are following the same progress as the original successful Verteporfin-regenerating FUEs showed at the 2 months + point. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

It think we can say, or at least are very close to saying that it works. The question is how effective the drug is and what is the average response to the medication. 

I have said this before and I will say it again, if you can go back and wound the arears that did not regenerate in the initial procedure and the regeneration rate is roughly the same, we will have unlimited donor, even if the regeneration rate is as low as 10%

From a biological standpoint, the only obstacle I can see in the way of this is fibrosis. However the 0.4T zone appeared to have no fibrosis. 

Also as other people have mentioned, there are many other Yap inhibitors in development.

There is light at the end of the tunnel. 

Edited by Dragonsphere
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, NivoScars said:

@Killian

Could I be possible that your vert wasnt actually vert but some adulterated thing or something?

Do you think that your dosage wasn't the right kind? Because it worked on others

Well now I hardly ordered orange juice haha. I received the COA for CL 318952.

I don't think it works on others necessarily. I think it is very technique dependant. Have you seen Dr. Bloxhams results posted publicly? They are not transformative. My strip zone result is very similar to what he has seen. For whatever reason, all the fibroblasts are not inhibited and due to the nature of the strip harvest and Langers lines of collagen directionality I suspect, I think it creates an environment that is challenging to augment successfully. 

I believe it is different for FUE due to the nature of the technique with respect to tension/punctate extraction - less invasive, depth of wound in the dermis with respect to fibroblasts, smaller wound etc., and shows promise as an adjunct, thus warranting further investigation. But It will still scar at the end of the day as the fibroblasts are not completed inhibited. While my own FUE scars in the remodeling phases are less apparent compared to previous ones at this time point, I can non the less feel them forming.

Any improvement is welcomed and should be studied more, but it is not possible to have zero scarring at this point in time, and unwise to lay in hope for the unaltered endpoint look. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Killian said:

Any improvement is welcomed and should be studied more, but it is not possible to have zero scarring at this point in time, and unwise to lay in hope for the unaltered endpoint look. 

I would say Dr Barghouthi 0.4T subject is void of scarring.

There were 40+ grafts harvested in that area. 

2 hours ago, Dragonsphere said:

I would say Dr Barghouthi 0.4T subject is void of scarring.

There were 40+ grafts harvested in that area. 

I think it was 60+ grafts harvested in that area, with no apparent scarring - but it would be nice to see if that patient's verteporfin-regenerated hairs for any thicker past the 1.5 year mark photo we've all seen. 

5 hours ago, Killian said:

Well now I hardly ordered orange juice haha. I received the COA for CL 318952.

I don't think it works on others necessarily. I think it is very technique dependant. Have you seen Dr. Bloxhams results posted publicly? They are not transformative. My strip zone result is very similar to what he has seen. For whatever reason, all the fibroblasts are not inhibited and due to the nature of the strip harvest and Langers lines of collagen directionality I suspect, I think it creates an environment that is challenging to augment successfully. 

I believe it is different for FUE due to the nature of the technique with respect to tension/punctate extraction - less invasive, depth of wound in the dermis with respect to fibroblasts, smaller wound etc., and shows promise as an adjunct, thus warranting further investigation. But It will still scar at the end of the day as the fibroblasts are not completed inhibited. While my own FUE scars in the remodeling phases are less apparent compared to previous ones at this time point, I can non the less feel them forming.

Do you think you’ve seen any regrowth?