OFFICIAL Verteporfin Hair Loss Cure *Mega Thread

Melvin- Admin

17 hours ago, Dragonsphere said:

It think we can say, or at least are very close to saying that it works. The question is how effective the drug is and what is the average response to the medication. 

I have said this before and I will say it again, if you can go back and wound the arears that did not regenerate in the initial procedure and the regeneration rate is roughly the same, we will have unlimited donor, even if the regeneration rate is as low as 10%

From a biological standpoint, the only obstacle I can see in the way of this is fibrosis. However the 0.4T zone appeared to have no fibrosis. 

Also as other people have mentioned, there are many other Yap inhibitors in development.

There is light at the end of the tunnel. 

I think it is way too early to say that verteporfin works, with only dr. Barghouthi´s first trial suggesting that it does so far. 

However, preliminary results of his second trial should arrive quickly, given its design we might be able to tell more soon.

@Melvin- Admin Are the trials of other docs, like Bisanga and Behnam, still going through? 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Fox243 said:

Do you think you’ve seen any regrowth? 

I would need to shave down to estimate that.

I do not want to mislead people and say I think so. I'll likely shave down the areas when I'm back in the chair at the end of summer and let you know.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Killian said:

I would need to shave down to estimate that.

I do not want to mislead people and say I think so. I'll likely shave down the areas when I'm back in the chair at the end of summer and let you know.

Makes sense, appreciate the candor.

Barghouti said he has 2 patients scheduled for trials when is the second trial starting or did already started? what is different in this trial?

• Like 1

On 1/29/2024 at 2:18 PM, DrTBarghouthi said:

Hi guys,

I do understand the frustration of the ongoing delays and I just want to reassure you that such delays were beyond anyone’s control. 

We did have multiple issues with suitable volunteers in terms of their availability and follow up potential, as well as the ongoing issue of making sure that we have a reliable and constant supply of the medication. In addition to that, it did take us some time to arrange and purchase any missing equipment that we need for a more objective study. It is important at this stage to carry out decent trials - for purposes of being objective and as scientific as possible. 

Having said that, there has been steady progress taking place in the background. We do have two volunteers. One Volunteer will have a full FUE with Verteforfin, while the other one will have Verteporfin injected in the bald areas of his scalp to see if there could be any potential improvement or growth. We have also managed to engage with a suitable supplier that can provide us with Verteporfin. I am placing a test order with them in these coming days to make sure their process is smooth. We have also received the photography device we need for research. I have booked two dates for these two trials- but I will refrain from mentioning the exact dates so as not to cause any further disappointment for now. 

Finally, I have seen some nice recovery photos from our FUE patient who had his donor fully injected with Verteporfin after 2-3 months ago, and his donor is looking good. I will check with him if he wishes for his photos to be shared. 

@DrTBarghouthi Dr Bargouthi, do you have any update on the second patient's trial in which you are injecting verteporfin in the bald regions of the scalp, will you be wounding the area first either through microneedling or some other form of wounding mechanism?

• I didn't read all the posts. Can someone answer a few questions for me?
  •  
  • 1. In the original FUE photos, we saw some hair growing out, is this a common occurrence? I figured if only a few scars were growing hair, it might just be resting follicles that were already nearby.
  •  
  • 2. These new hairs look thinner and less pigmented than their surroundings. Do they become thick final hairs in subsequent growth?
  •  
  • 3, Do we know the relationship between the state of new hair growth and the surrounding environment, such as the density of surrounding hair follicles, or the area of scars?

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, uuuzi said:
  • I didn't read all the posts. Can someone answer a few questions for me?
  •  
  • 1. In the original FUE photos, we saw some hair growing out, is this a common occurrence? I figured if only a few scars were growing hair, it might just be resting follicles that were already nearby.
  •  
  • 2. These new hairs look thinner and less pigmented than their surroundings. Do they become thick final hairs in subsequent growth?
  •  
  • 3, Do we know the relationship between the state of new hair growth and the surrounding environment, such as the density of surrounding hair follicles, or the area of scars?

There has been one documented trial that gave us a picture with the clear suggestion that the use of verteporfin could regenerate hair follicles. This is backed up by animal studies and anecdotal evidence for people that experimented on themselves.

Whether it really works and even more detailed questions are simply not answered yet. Dr. Barghouthi is conducting a second trial that aims to bring more clarity, while others are in the pipeline. 

Edited by Square1
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

Do we know if this is now possible to request when having a hair transplant procedure? Or is this only for trial purposes only?

Edited by Clarkey

9 hours ago, Square1 said:

There has been one documented trial that gave us a picture with the clear suggestion that the use of verteporfin could regenerate hair follicles. This is backed up by animal studies and anecdotal evidence for people that experimented on themselves.

Whether it really works and even more detailed questions are simply not answered yet. Dr. Barghouthi is conducting a second trial that aims to bring more clarity, while others are in the pipeline. 

Thanks for your reply.

I have seen the pics. Its promising. But what I want to say is there are no large area counts, no tattoos for reference. We can't say for sure that the hairs grew out of verteporfin.

In fact, a bunch of people tried verteporfin at discord two years ago. I don't know if they did FUE, more likely microneedles. They didn't get any results. Does anyone know what they do?

I know of a company in China that sells low cost, high quality biologics to individuals. I'm also planning to get a hair transplant with verteporfin. Yesterday I tried to contact Dr Bargouthi to inquire about the specific surgical method, but he did not reply to me for the time being.

If anyone is interested, we can buy the drug in a group, which will bring the price down even more.

13 hours ago, uuuzi said:

Thanks for your reply.

I have seen the pics. Its promising. But what I want to say is there are no large area counts, no tattoos for reference. We can't say for sure that the hairs grew out of verteporfin.

In fact, a bunch of people tried verteporfin at discord two years ago. I don't know if they did FUE, more likely microneedles. They didn't get any results. Does anyone know what they do?

I know of a company in China that sells low cost, high quality biologics to individuals. I'm also planning to get a hair transplant with verteporfin. Yesterday I tried to contact Dr Bargouthi to inquire about the specific surgical method, but he did not reply to me for the time being.

If anyone is interested, we can buy the drug in a group, which will bring the price down even more.

Dr. Barghouthi's second trial is currently underway and features scientific counts, markers etc. in order to more definitively say whether the growth of a certain follicle is verteporfin-induced regeneration or something else. An update is expected any day now. The hope is that his findings are impressive enough so that more and more doctors are willing to undertake high-quality experiments of their own. This way, the effects and full potential of the drug will be discovered quite quickly and will go mainstream if they indeed offer a significant benefit.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
On 5/1/2024 at 3:38 PM, CureSeeker said:

Yes, I started it on Sunday, for a 2cm-diameter section on my scalp.

2mg/mL concentration, 0.7mg/cm² dosage, and then manually microneedled with a 12-pin cartridge. I did it manually so I could press the needles in to their deepest depth, and apply some rotational mechanical force. 

I also applied some benzocaine-ethanol solution to take the edge off any pain.

AP1GczMJxa4cMFn7AQ_WEs1bab3sZP8WpB_GCT4fjl-OtIWd9E9Xiweyne0f30QUazkLoNZBu6qvoUri7XtBMkcwIkkAfVj0DZd69Hz1aqcIZh8WVCrEqYbrLtExfotMSxz6gMKm8BzmCZ7nc8vOfa6-Stemdca8M0DqPa1n0UMIRfpq6ojnrOoQyu9SRSUbW9XSt0BePHHrIxLJoNU18xtvxk_OziF3udvoqZehbzPlygTgO9c_ySm0Himy8-wZls0vlOddV_y2zv46YYhLcIIHcANvOZ6Q9kUbgXz3DfZ5sq77_jUe0roN5kGYaYjxyJDjMoZq4Z0cbPb4DmO0sr2hJrQqAa9qhrWa6-I0YKfgxeBLeBOecOeGocbI67wEti6-6oim9Fhds1meSCThbcBC3E9hJNbKpU3MAaD4np8HEUn1H81Rx_k-fF0oRzWXaj8uHJrm-RqPnx7Boj5HEoV8yJ-io4RdQjc4gtjW7sZZZMueqYF0-RkMxH704gE42kFbDnOaQBZXWNDSuZyeH9XKC3f_VBS7zyl6gGpoQPL3y4bcaGX0IeLOM9IWe-LDtRhf4CVhweAkj2UmZRSR6DHvTjErgQZTgcZ5fHFuEee90V_1q0abYDSylPYwoZa1HntMSEF_FMTAiCr_buNlFmXxkImzuhbVCukitZfi0sO6YD8S-aoo5ZQxC1nwKpxAm5UtjgPh2CFIdRcGdPuoRRsD96le7ECa_1Whmk8hCE0OaW2gvX26c8HdMqFLFY6nqh3ZjwiWWZv75MQ8w3jMCITpLvrCiFyrGUl7ZYbKJhsr8DffU9BaBBbCjbQd86NauZ4k2ridK_nTJ1ObJdCjDU5s24zMbZ1meu4--Bab1O6ENZQj3B7V5G1smOutntGoXrWTBjgbrM5g3I9DGAsZE3I2Vuep-Y2D60l6hEHmry2YOKDj803SG_cCwjkDYMYsVw=w1008-h1021-s-no-gm?authuser=0AP1GczOqjbGu9lXqYNWezgMw0K4P4hekZKQYP169NrvvYUAhzalIRRKDmAcvcQcFUiVxBR5M-Ta2K_hmj4Lz-Ix2q7hKpXaMbPqwL7v57fegK4cRzz5kwMpCooXlEWWx5YBseoQFJORblEgkDfUbRxGz9KoXavVjrAQGdXwESvh3XmEGJemoS9gNyDGamgSKCm0PoyPfL7nA5P1GlgTnv1suUkKCA-2ZmOYXwTrcukIYrS6E_srABXupmpKVquHIQRJp_4dzyf9evvhF6eaF16U3aF38zGcJV5rRpQBnkJhjCDnZU3j7ZE3M0cvQwaFmT6Usm37QFMpZnZRe-GJ84-ivuu49CDqk2r5wykQfL2P8sG9L2j96b3bSsgBM50C6Z9P5HOjuKMYn0oVU_Yeh2YcJTjrMmWU-84SiEJcjdaqZn7fFQHDD4X-sS-REF9SogTL79KL3Lji5-W25_cJ-CswBaJDBS8sy9ox_N0WgrfJqWk5XKTmidajzhw8HkVu7h67qfeBGAtLoinKIAz9iJ-5R_Pol13t4tb8pHcLAiQr6YLrK8rJ_zd9GWWuYk7IXZN_NuW7J1XYbHTTDWa09sglOklonktaGpivAq_5e_eaJQ6KYISbbfW4i3yq6RV5lsCXfD_CjkdQ_-rxsogZawBy0msQ_DJ4ETCufK3k7p5LkJnKlOTg6_aL0CQlBtBcgAI9-kyM61vfH6paIVrI9I29xE9gwziUcXRTALi_PofD_AbWjviN7H30VOBER-vagJTSrmTe8E3-6aYUp7PsuCRwFnvYQRJuhVlfg5i9_59FlRaagRT49cBWXn_ZQTDj7Y6xdR8C-r5VaDCdwO4bQhOqcFxltLg5GEtWwXmHWhFwDejyq0TX83A98aWjMXbDekGoyeq33Ja5K76SrXB-q-HMPCZG0ztwP1dE4iZweyGQ0ylgbPMq3ojVuj6SXbIYMqw=w1356-h1021-s-no-gm?authuser=0AP1GczNmPd2BDpHhOXDWHieoUQqfbUknTzCm3dObN8i86CjcBwQYIEqsmunv1ZX_vRlsJMS3te44_lXLi5iQISnXdObdB-axue-kFmugX-qgghVYLzkJXWlQcVjdMIhyOGyBXrkwFV2BfMJbi2TCkz8zSl5yoWSyUtu_C9dy0AZ0-iw1eHdVeACG3deytAB1A1C80DxQpPwDoy5uLLJuc-3le4yjvVlE-YB8QlD2P4krZgoZE4Bn16Ci4rsWo9cOuDPcxSazbmKSOlxrBWqQfQzb6j_Sxr_Xfc49R1kdEHzjVWNZN-3AtQK1zD5-bzxWvKi5rHmM7Zfy25XJOj6Rbkvd_8YcpPBc5HhVsqq9SUUo9fv7kS67p1VEQ_6d65aqAuaH8zsxa2HH6vFbViEYDfKtjEWLL4VZQfWxntPqnmoCuXlyDp9pwtGdNPT0GoLRPUNlRXTaW3ZRyNbtvIZX40nAe4s8WwFggW-6pHAPbIxQVek1jC4ipt5X1Wnd1PpKjqZ4qchYy31dFAro5XSQD3g4bsojyarukY9i0MeFVDKXonRUW5zbQhWQzAasV3m5MiDztgnxYOmzTSorW-IFdR2-NJXGNZMnOFw9k7dJ-imDAOs5v75OJ0AAk90ZFdky-lEPTdP2GZn2mGQriQeapX29j15NYLXSAu5tWNVkjVhhFo0Wfvv-G3nsdRmbS-GSS9qTvp-gj1k8pj_JjU0cWD6Y64dnum4DKwZWFNjV_SqqbXR91uYDjWrnJa5UuED6tMqMLE81Y5AFBfcYZexgz9iaD6s1ss4Pro32sDEsWgB-fI7-UoD-LLJHIG_xWR3hhhUVUI05s9cin8I3qVb-GYbicFr2c4F3ey1j_9oz72UVBIJZ_R0dI-sfeh7DyhLCC8WuxlskcAJkz9sr32TjqpOc7GHL9Sfhu8BtpdS2_Qp_DKJla7V5VFu7F2o6jQiJ5Q=w1280-h720-s-no-gm?authuser=0AP1GczO9HXeun9RYFfZw1K8-K0foD6-pKRsKn7Vwa5VmJ52uPt_osAQ2kWn0qhDQfhLABqOMO60D9cwaSHP6d2MaTkvnyAo-1NF-HORHvEV_ZlwTmsGOnvbLEDQ4hQSOWBH3bLsQCVJqQZc4uUqJmQjf2C3xsjUyPbDa98Gfi_1gaHk6e0N0OvDzc-HdzIQW0h-qeDcLxFzm3_Z8rFw1TDaN9pfvS01oNYR3v9rm_vgQtizhl_vl1tR5d_yAApwsj9H-QBcXnJAzglQ9WH-3GWuRbGldkbT_X2iFCtXKM9rmjEHFUIXEdBylX2XBEuvyncm7Jv6etd_L5tZyoPNfoEg_-Awq8P182wt0FE2u3MR3Ix3sHMI3pqZkELq6nHyL7Zzz6V2xPx2MbR2dhbC4dpN9oxNY9hfuGVSIjAI82y0rdmWJLSvZatye_ZE8NR74R5N11TptaZbCj6uIsGgcbTC2zZhsTiCZzDaJvdT77jB7pM3H9pYkmTpvYP601UkYNwssUBoaU2HqcMUZKUThVkNxb3AFoWy2YfdQAU5Uma81bA1qwDAGenXT9OYEicXVfvaHeDB7ul24E6fx55SIipwFBX2NdnUxSINXGKCaI1UIvGCkqDkLA6qt5XfAKyotEwDeVXHjRpHQWR8JIbOCQ2YCMhzKRxhs58iPLopgF4xg-_SW422dMKCDt5M1mdqYD_t00HD_Mgecsl9ZlbT2KQKYWjx88-pDe55IiTPt1eYrNCOp98P99DOVZWodEOwtf2fjqslSiGD2Bis8uaLTHDTeT9svMejNxsCLA3uw9jsBM1v0Ot4BzHVacA60cMRJLt8bwJpgjFskeRf6d2PkPvMp6Xt-fSUnAUc8DWGYVIvzXB1mwFd-zQKGPWPtHU9gVFN48rEZHIfv9EDvKfYc3LUOuowTqeJaA08YEm2TuVZ3FA8_yWBEbo_9aSTtILSpOA=w1361-h1021-s-no-gm?authuser=0AP1GczP4XnvEShlE7JcgDBDTdGH5IuQnKBJNVjPlCPQSkq_P1uWaVOeQVo3P-VGX25A8iQt8Nb11-H0qKKYPhxv2tOGY7ZXqNbZnh75c9MG1J-BSFccOVWAPeEqsJCo7ywm5CuJ8RfLATLuZnrhnt5PUllztNLF20Ubv_50GcK1E1cyFJmsrTw4xTkSj26OeLWQFoNOGEQ4n2UpfM7mx3JmZb0haW3AP758_3j0mcahLHvh-37URdjgxDJlzlFSW6MVVggVgWYjYbidRB7lLtfhTkqz4dt0tobGmrRVklN-mbQFqaRrF5C22NuAU9xr-wi3R8I33SjBldmp1KHlzm481wEq3ShI3772qolCPHdYGPxRf9fmhUYEcI1uPyMT_7_eYDpE-MMNwNVTfwupEuXfGZb0fjURs0tKmXB-J_lzFEeLTuGT2sF2liPCxe_3Yl3HaTkPoUpC64hdSuvWbT9OWsCW98OKHiHbeAOv2FjnZ5rGE7sgPIHI_1rpE0hx4eXheWlVq-eoyrXWmtaRE8_Rmlxl6LLcpg2BKIpmZqcn7quCHZJ9EwjB4qpXs_yJx9hkKRThE_iRjg48LENLAiPPNspG6CPxCfHMabvTS0ng1YVA5cCoW1hLHcd6j_ZFQnqJd23A8R2tLNFU8p0FR2fZDGLKVtptNh6klxPdJOttdw0qJzXKZ-zOFhsEQsiYGCG4skGzGvc9NkqUnFoU9pgqoQitcEMk4rDOwck2KPb8Z-Gexm49UAIXqDQ7729ucfu2Mkgg8bx4Q3Jlb4wR8V3CzksGMyQRraYV1V9R8-phZXYgm09LaeQ5BSG7MAtiWy7ZLpajtuNQJ-re3gcLnessHdt7ssXX5bsVsex9sd2fqfSpgABc6KkkGpqdaDOX67oMsZOyFrH68WACxl4Hz2ROYCIFuaCdfKRVywdoV31Lxf3MMgzNmU9JX8EjXykYvng=w1479-h1021-s-no-gm?authuser=0

@CureSeeker, your links aren't showing any pictures. Did you notice any changes in ur scalp the way it's healing or any new hairs, it's been a little over a month, Dr Bargouthi started seeing some early indications of regrowth results pretty early on between the first and second month 

Edited by takuma

On 6/12/2024 at 10:42 AM, takuma said:

@CureSeeker, your links aren't showing any pictures. Did you notice any changes in ur scalp the way it's healing or any new hairs, it's been a little over a month, Dr Bargouthi started seeing some early indications of regrowth results pretty early on between the first and second month 

Unfortunately I haven't noticed anything significant; some hairs disappeared, some appeared, some look thinner and some look slightly thicker. Much of that could simply be due to regular follicle behavior/cycling. I'm not sure why my original images stopped being displayed, but here's the first image and a current image (aligned). I have buzzed the hairs some since starting, so that's why they're not as long as you might expect.

2024-05-18-Initial.png

2024-06-12.png

• Like 3

• Administrators
1 hour ago, CureSeeker said:

Unfortunately I haven't noticed anything significant; some hairs disappeared, some appeared, some look thinner and some look slightly thicker. Much of that could simply be due to regular follicle behavior/cycling. I'm not sure why my original images stopped being displayed, but here's the first image and a current image (aligned). I have buzzed the hairs some since starting, so that's why they're not as long as you might expect.

2024-05-18-Initial.png

2024-06-12.png

Are you using any form of AI to monitor it? Something like trichoscan?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

31 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Are you using any form of AI to monitor it? Something like trichoscan?

No I've just been monitoring it manually. I'm not opposed to using something like Trichoscan, but I'm assuming it's not free or open source.

By the way, just as a point of reference, here is a similar image of the donor region, so you can get an idea of what the hairs would look like in an ideal scenario.

WIN_20240605_11_55_41_Pro.jpg

• Like 2

On 4/27/2024 at 10:47 PM, DrTBarghouthi said:

Hi guys,

Hope you’re all having a lovely weekend. Just few updates regarding the last trial and some other issues.

1. The patient came back for his monthly follow up. He is doing well in general. The hair was quite long so the photos weren't showing the areas clearly but I did take photos and it shows typical FUE healing although I did feel them to be slower than surrounding ones (similar to how they behaved in the first trial). They still looked red and demarcated, while in other areas -where No Verteporfin was injected- they started to look like typical scarred tissue. I have asked him to come back so we can clip the donor again sometime this week or next week. He just has some event he needs to attend prior to shaving it again. I will take more photos when he gets back so I can share them. I think clipped hair will show the areas better. 

2. I am invited to present about Verteporfin in the upcoming WFI workshop in May. Hopefully this will spark more interest in further studies with colleagues. 

3. I am considering another trial mostly regarding old FUE scar extraction. 

4. I’m also glad to share that I will be doing consultations and performing surgeries on a regular part- basis at the Westminister Medical Group in Harley street-London. 

Thank you again for all the feedback 

Hi Dr Barghouthi, are you able to share anymore information about having FUE hair transplants and verteporfin injections at the Westminster Medical Group clinic? Are your patients able to sign up for a trial if they have FUE with you?

Hello all,

I have noticed via spokesperson, that VERTEX hair clinic and Dr. Barghouthi are offering Verteporfin induced FUE procedure already. Is this correct?

@DrTBarghouthi: Can you confirm, that it is possible to undergo, on a voluntary basis, a Verteporfin supported FUE in your clinic already?

Thank you

• Like 3

On 6/3/2024 at 10:23 PM, DrTBarghouthi said:

Yes will be calling him for one in this coming week or after. 

@DrTBarghouthi sorry for impatience and we probably tag you too often 9_9

Any updates on follow up ?

• Like 1

Is there no one here willing to try it for ourselves? The drugs and surgical methods are already well known, and if you only try a small range of FUE, it's not a big price and there's little risk. 2 years have gone, now everyone is waiting for the Doctor's results.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, takuma said:

Dr Bloxham keeps posting non verteporfin related videos lol ...this is too much lmao

Dr Bloxham is 11 months post op, and if I'm not mistaken, Dr Bargouthi also went quiet between 5 months and 15 months post op, then suddenly suprised everyone with almost total regeneration - so I suspect Dr Bloxham's updates will follow the same pattern.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hair Tomorrow said:

Dr Bloxham is 11 months post op, and if I'm not mistaken, Dr Bargouthi also went quiet between 5 months and 15 months post op, then suddenly suprised everyone with almost total regeneration - so I suspect Dr Bloxham's updates will follow the same pattern.  

Why cant he just say that he is waiting for month 12 ? Why go silent. If he reached the same conclusion Killian did, why not inform the sicko. 

• Like 2