OFFICIAL Verteporfin Hair Loss Cure *Mega Thread

Melvin- Admin

27 minutes ago, sr1486 said:

Users should be permabanned for comments like this tbh

Yeah, let's be honest, it's been 3 years and only Dr. Barghouthi has done useful trials and  is open to keep communication with us.

Hopefully more doctors will join, but Dr. Barghouthi did the great share of work and deserves only respect.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I want to remind everyone to be respectful. I will not allow disrespect. Let’s treat others as we want to be treated.

onwards,

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, sansi said:

Yeah, let's be honest, it's been 3 years and only Dr. Barghouthi has done useful trials and  is open to keep communication with us.

Hopefully more doctors will join, but Dr. Barghouthi did the great share of work and deserves only respect.

Exactly, he is the pioneer of verteporfin human trials. Dr Bargouthi deserves our respect and gratitude.. i'm anxiously awaiting the next update.. and praying it's even better with the higher dose trial areas than the first trial with the 0.4, 0.24, and 0.32 doses

Edited by takuma

Posted (edited)
On 6/17/2024 at 11:36 AM, sr1486 said:

Users should be permabanned for comments like this tbh

Completely agree if another man called me by my first name on a website he needs to be permanently banned. 

Edited by Melvin- Admin
Removed insult

9 hours ago, Jonathan said:

Completely agree if another man called me by my first name on a website he needs to be permanently banned. 

The question is why did you decide to call him by his first name when you didn't before? Did you suddenly became "friend" with him?

What was the purpose of your comment ?

To me it seemed like it was quite emotional and filled with some sort of resentment.

But it seems that this topic (verteporfin) in general is making you quite emotional.

I wouldn't say you need to be banned, because I can understand your frustration, but maybe you should realize that Dr Barghouti is so far one of the only doctor that is doing a trial on this. Instead of "blaming" him for not updating we have to push other doctors to try it.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/24/2024 at 12:00 PM, CureSeeker said:

Nothing significant so far, but it's only been a bit over 3 weeks. There are a few follicles that began growing hairs, but that's likely regular follicle cycling (starting anagen phase). It could take one or more follicle cycles before we see anything noteworthy, especially if any repairs/changes of the follicles occur only during specific phases. Many of the terminal hairs that were cut short at the beginning of the experiment remain cut short now, so they're in telogen/paused phase. They may need to shed and start a new cycle before we see anything from them. Of course the hope is that we'll see longer anagen phases and thicker hair shafts, at least in some of the hairs. After a few months I will probably see if repeat/followup treatments have any additional effect, especially if we see some follicle improvements this round.

Btw, I would not recommend a followup treatment at least until a year out. I've been doing additional reading and I think follow up treatments would be harmful.

Edited by Fox243
Year not month

31 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

Btw, I would not recommend a followup treatment at least until a month out. I've been doing additional reading and I think follow up treatments would be harmful.

How so? 

10 hours ago, Rasputin said:

The question is why did you decide to call him by his first name when you didn't before? Did you suddenly became "friend" with him?

What was the purpose of your comment ?

To me it seemed like it was quite emotional and filled with some sort of resentment.

But it seems that this topic (verteporfin) in general is making you quite emotional.

I wouldn't say you need to be banned, because I can understand your frustration, but maybe you should realize that Dr Barghouti is so far one of the only doctor that is doing a trial on this. Instead of "blaming" him for not updating we have to push other doctors to try it.

Everyone let's focus on the results. Hopefully @DrTBarghouthi will update us soon.
Meanwhile other emotional discussions just harm and probably discourage the doctor to keep the contact with us.

• Like 3

I for one will be reflecting today about how grateful I am that Dr. Barghouthi is single-handedly carrying out this research and even interacting with the community about it.

Without him, this potential AGA cure would be completely unresearched in humans.

Give the good man some time, and I have no doubt that he will come through for us 😊

• Like 6

On 6/18/2024 at 5:01 AM, Melvin- Admin said:

I want to remind everyone to be respectful. I will not allow disrespect. Let’s treat others as we want to be treated.

onwards,

Agreed.

Btw, some months ago, there seemed to be a lot of buzz with docs like dr. Bisanga, dr. Behnam, dr. Miln, dr. Pittella and possibly others expressing interest in doing trials with verteporfin. 

Are those trials still on the table or do you see their interest declining? In that case, what is the reason for that?

• Like 2

Based on previous FUT experiments, I don't think the results are good. It may be perfect for restoring smooth skin, but it does not provide enough density of final hair. Hair follicles are very complex organs, and it seems unlikely that regulating just one pathway could make them regenerate perfectly.

HMI-115 has been declared a failure, and the combination of FUE+verteporfin is the only real treatment option possible in the next 15 years. In this experiment, the doctor made reference to tattoos and statistics, which means that we are about to know the exact answer, without the interference of light.

If that too fails, I'll have to rely on hair implants for a few years until it's all gone. Even if there was a real cure 20 years from now, I wouldn't have another youth.

5 hours ago, uuuzi said:

Based on previous FUT experiments, I don't think the results are good. It may be perfect for restoring smooth skin, but it does not provide enough density of final hair. Hair follicles are very complex organs, and it seems unlikely that regulating just one pathway could make them regenerate perfectly.

HMI-115 has been declared a failure, and the combination of FUE+verteporfin is the only real treatment option possible in the next 15 years. In this experiment, the doctor made reference to tattoos and statistics, which means that we are about to know the exact answer, without the interference of light.

If that too fails, I'll have to rely on hair implants for a few years until it's all gone. Even if there was a real cure 20 years from now, I wouldn't have another youth.

We only have 2 FUT experiments done with verteporfin; and we don't have any concrete data whether it works for FUT or it doesn't work for FUT.. that's because Killian's experiment was still early on and Dr Bloxham hasn't updated for months. All we have is speculation and very early results; we havent had enough data to make an assessment either way. However, if it indeed does fail in FUT.. it's not the worse thing ever.. we still have the FUE results from Dr Bargouthi's initial trial and hopefully good results from his new trial as we will find out soon what the initial results of trial 2 are. It's been around 3 months in now i believe.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, uuuzi said:

I think fue and yap inhibitors and dermal papillae cell treatments the later for preserving hair are the most promising to happen in the near future near being five or so years away or less.

Perhaps adjuncts to yaps like using hgh during the healing phase could increase it's efficacy. In bodybuilding circles hgh is often coupled with metformin actually. Hgh is often prescribed for healing during injuries and metaformin has an extremely low side effect profile and is used in life extension circles.

The possible negative effects of the finiestride and the other strides as well as having to take it daily is not something I want to do. Minox can interfere with collegen and I have very youthful looking skin and I don't want to trade one for the other.

Edited by TV_on_LazerDisk

27 minutes ago, TV_on_LazerDisk said:

The possible negative effects of the finiestride and the other strides as well as having to take it daily is not something I want to do. Minox can interfere with collegen and I have very youthful looking skin and I don't want to trade one for the other.

Finasteride is safe and effective for majority of people. Every drug has the chance of sides. If you are serious about fighting hairloss, you should at least try it. Apply it topically if you are worried about sides.

Posted (edited)

The reason we have only guesses and early results is that Dr Bloxham knows it doesn't need to go any further.
That picture shows very bad results. Usually the photos used for display are supposed to be the best parts, yet we can only see a few bits and pieces of hair. This means, at the very least, that pig and human skin have distinct differences when it comes to verteporfin.

Edited by uuuzi
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, takuma said:

We only have 2 FUT experiments done with verteporfin; and we don't have any concrete data whether it works for FUT or it doesn't work for FUT.. that's because Killian's experiment was still early on and Dr Bloxham hasn't updated for months. All we have is speculation and very early results; we havent had enough data to make an assessment either way. However, if it indeed does fail in FUT.. it's not the worse thing ever.. we still have the FUE results from Dr Bargouthi's initial trial and hopefully good results from his new trial as we will find out soon what the initial results of trial 2 are. It's been around 3 months in now i believe.

The reason we have only guesses and early results is that Dr Bloxham knows it doesn't need to go any further.
That picture shows very bad results. Usually the photos used for display are supposed to be the best parts, yet we can only see a few bits and pieces of hair. This means, at the very least, that pig and human skin have distinct differences when it comes to verteporfin.

18 hours ago, takuma said:

Even though I have given an early/preliminary update, I think the trajectory is clear, and I would not anticipate transformation from my case. 

With respect to the FUT treated scar, I have discussed my concerns on augmenting this area where Langer's lines are violated in FUT. While I am at about 4 and half months post, I am confident to update at this time, as I can tell the trajectory of healing from experiencing the timeline 6 times in the past.

I speak only for my own case, I can see and feel the scar tissue being laid down and remodeling. This is not going to become "un-laid" or disappear in the coming months. There will be some contraction by fibroblasts/fibers reorganized as standard and expected, but I can see there will be no transformation from using this medicine in my case. 

My two cents. 

Doctors in Greece appear to have started using it to treat scars, with patients claiming the scars are "completely" gone and Posting images.
I couldn't see if there was any new hair growth there, the growth of leg hair was very slow.
Maybe someone knows how to get in touch with these Greek doctors.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, uuuzi said:

Doctors in Greece appear to have started using it to treat scars, with patients claiming the scars are "completely" gone and Posting images.
I couldn't see if there was any new hair growth there, the growth of leg hair was very slow.
Maybe someone knows how to get in touch with these Greek doctors.

Is it possible that microneedling alone is responsible for the scar removal, and verteporfin did not do much at all? After all, people do use only microneedling to get rid of their acne scars. Not trying to downplay the potential effectiveness of verteporfin, but I think it is important to look a bit closer when multiple treatments are used, in order to see how responsible each individual treatment is in contributing to the outcome. Hopefully the effected areas are able to regenerate hair follicles, which would be amazing, potentially showing the verteporfin to regenerate hair follicles in other areas of the body.

Edited by Carson85

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Killian said:

Even though I have given an early/preliminary update, I think the trajectory is clear, and I would not anticipate transformation from my case. 

With respect to the FUT treated scar, I have discussed my concerns on augmenting this area where Langer's lines are violated in FUT. While I am at about 4 and half months post, I am confident to update at this time, as I can tell the trajectory of healing from experiencing the timeline 6 times in the past.

I speak only for my own case, I can see and feel the scar tissue being laid down and remodeling. This is not going to become "un-laid" or disappear in the coming months. There will be some contraction by fibroblasts/fibers reorganized as standard and expected, but I can see there will be no transformation from using this medicine in my case. 

My two cents. 

What about in the FUE areas, are u noticing that u feel there is more hair there or more improvement in the fue donor area regarding scarring

Edited by takuma

10 hours ago, Carson85 said:

Is it possible that microneedling alone is responsible for the scar removal, and verteporfin did not do much at all? After all, people do use only microneedling to get rid of their acne scars. Not trying to downplay the potential effectiveness of verteporfin, but I think it is important to look a bit closer when multiple treatments are used, in order to see how responsible each individual treatment is in contributing to the outcome. Hopefully the effected areas are able to regenerate hair follicles, which would be amazing, potentially showing the verteporfin to regenerate hair follicles in other areas of the body.

No, if microneedling can prefectly remove an 8~9cm scar like that, all of the studies of scar are jokes.

Posted (edited)
On 6/23/2024 at 1:11 AM, uuuzi said:

If I had to speculate, it is likely the results for FUT was noticeable but not transformative. Dr Bloxham is possibly not publishing the results as it could hinder the desire for future experiments. 

If this is true, it's more or less what I predicted -mildly reduced scarring with a few hairs growing through. 

Remember, FUT is literally one of the worst surgeries to garner success from a VAP inhibitor. 

Watch this video Follicular Unit Transplantation | FUT Hair Restoration | Dr. Craig Ziering | Hair Loss Solution - YouTube

There is literally no way that much tissue at that level of depth is going to regenerate fully or even close to. 

Tension is the main obstacle for Verteporfin to work and FUTs require staples/stitches to keep everything together. 

Forgive the oxymoron, but FUT creates the ideal worse environment for Verteporfin to be successful. The fact that we were seeing any signs of growth at 5 months in Dr Bloxham's trial was incredible. 

FUE could be considered one of the best environments for the drug to work, no tension, minimum invasiveness. 

People can decide whether to hold off a transplant until we see further results from Verteporfin. If I was in this position I probably wouldn't wait as it would likely be as effective on FUE scar tissue as on virgin skin, assuming we wound the area in the same way. 

What I would be cautious on is getting and FUT which would permanently alter the donor areas environment - your scalp will never again regain its natural laxity.  Could this have and an impact future FUE cases with verteporfin? Maybe. 

This is of course all speculation until we see the upcoming results from Dr Bargouthi. 

Edited by Dragonsphere
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dragonsphere said:

If I had to speculate, it is likely the results for FUT was noticeable but not transformative. Dr Bloxham is possibly not publishing the results as it could hinder the desire future experiments. 

If this is true, it's more or less what I predicted -mildly reduced scarring with a few hairs growing through. 

Remember, FUT is literally one of the worst surgeries to garner success from a VAP inhibitor. 

Watch this video Follicular Unit Transplantation | FUT Hair Restoration | Dr. Craig Ziering | Hair Loss Solution - YouTube

There is literally no way that much tissue at that level of depth is going to regenerate fully or even close to. 

Tension is the main obstacle for Verteporfin to work and FUTs require staples/stitches to keep everything together. 

Forgive the oxymoron, but FUT creates the ideal worse environment for Verteporfin to be successful. The fact that we were seeing any signs of growth at 5 months in Dr Bloxham's trial was incredible. 

FUE could be considered one of the best environments for the drug to work, no tension, minimum invasiveness. 

People can decide whether to hold off a transplant until we see further results from Verteporfin. If I was in this position I probably wouldn't wait as it would likely be as effective on FUE scar tissue as on virgin skin, assuming we wound the area in the same way. 

What I would be cautious on is getting and FUT which would permanently alter the donor areas environment - your scalp will never again regain it's natural laxity.  Could this have and an impact future FUE cases with verteporfin? Maybe. 

This is of course all speculation until we see the upcoming results from Dr Bargouthi. 

I think a lot, possibly too much, hinges upon dr. Barghouthi's current trial as he is the only doc doing trials right now. The question arises what the status is of other docs who were (kind of) interested but that we haven't heard of since months, like Bisanga, Miln, Behnam, Pittella, Mohebi (although he seems to have fallen off) and others. 

Maybe @Melvin- Admin can give his perspective: are they indeed planning or doing trials or have they lost interest? If the latter is the case, why is that? If there are financial motives, I for one would be willing to donate a decent amount (not 10 bucks or so) to further research. 

• Like 1