OFFICIAL Verteporfin Hair Loss Cure *Mega Thread

Melvin- Admin

3 minutes ago, TV_on_LazerDisk said:

If we can think it wouldn't be a bad idea to make a list of cities where there facilities with a trioscope

I think let's just wait for Dr. Barghouthi's update before pushing further. With how rigorous the experiment design was done and with the doses seeming to be in the best ranges (based on Dr. Barghouthi's and Bloxham's experiments), we should truly find out how good the vert truly is.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fox243 said:

Curious if you’ve seen anything yet

Still nothing major. Again there are a few new hairs, but also some that disappeared. And while the newer photo looks like it has more hairs overall, that might simply be from the camera taking a less blurry photo, making some of the smaller hairs more visible.

20240710_aligned.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CureSeeker said:

Still nothing major. Again there are a few new hairs, but also some that disappeared. And while the newer photo looks like it has more hairs overall, that might simply be from the camera taking a less blurry photo, making some of the smaller hairs more visible.

20240710_aligned.jpg

Thank you for the experiment. I read a review of skin and hair follicle regeneration caused by trauma in mammals, and it mentioned that a sufficiently large wound area and sufficiently small skin tension are necessary conditions. That means the microneedles won't work. In the mouse experiments, only the most central, least strained area of the wound regenerated hair follicles. Apparently, the scalp tension in the human forehead is very high. And, a DHT-sensitive scalp would theoretically only produce DHT-sensitive atrophied hair follicles. For safety reasons, I think you should stop.

12 hours ago, TV_on_LazerDisk said:

There are young doctors who graduate from good medical schools etc... there are older doctors who work for hairmills

Also 2050 I think we don't want to wait a few decades for this. I think we're doing this for ourselves not humanity otherwise we'd be focusing on other medical procedures not hairloss related.

I see hairlose as an type of dissea of the skin and it clearly effecta you to an extend that your willing to rush it. So saying we shouldn't be focusing on it feels a bit nonsensical.

How many people here that can affored a high quatilty transplant + verdeporfin aren't on the older side?

You can have your hair back to a certain extend, but it still won't return to its orginal thickness and the rest of your body has also decayed.

8 hours ago, CureSeeker said:

20240710_aligned.jpg

pigs didn't have results for 4 months, so you have time still. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Lets_help_others said:

I see hairlose as an type of dissea of the skin and it clearly effecta you to an extend that your willing to rush it. So saying we shouldn't be focusing on it feels a bit nonsensical.

How many people here that can affored a high quatilty transplant + verdeporfin aren't on the older side?

You can have your hair back to a certain extend, but it still won't return to its orginal thickness and the rest of your body has also decayed.

Some of us and we aren't looking to wait 25 years. A few years is reasonable. We aren't doing this for future generations, hair cloning is for that.

I've had cosmetic surgery when I was younger I think all of us want hair replacement in order to look better and enjoy our youth or the age we are at to it's fullest. Many of the people who have gotten hair transplants here are in their thirties and forties.

Asking young qualified doctors is something to consider. And reaching out to patients and maybe making a list of places that offer a trioscope, there are facilities that offer such scans so doing that before and after would widen the amount of people and information we have on verteporfin so more doctors maybe interested.

Edited by TV_on_LazerDisk
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Fox243 said:

I think let's just wait for Dr. Barghouthi's update before pushing further. With how rigorous the experiment design was done and with the doses seeming to be in the best ranges (based on Dr. Barghouthi's and Bloxham's experiments), we should truly find out how good the vert truly is.

It's a suggestion to get more case studies and more people on board. Dr Bargouthi's results definitely come first and now we have an experimental design and protocol to work with and figure out how to optimize.

1 hour ago, TV_on_LazerDisk said:

It's a suggestion to get more case studies and more people on board. Dr Bargouthi's results definitely come first and now we have an experimental design and protocol to work with and figure out how to optimize.

It'll be much easier to get people onboard once we have Dr. Barghouthi's results

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Fox243 said:

I have a sickening feeling the test subject dropped out and Dr Barghouthi is having to start again. He said he was going to see the person within a week. That was over a month ago. If it was the case there was no observable change he would of likely just said. 

Anyway, as long as they follow the same procedure as Dr Barghouthi, I see no point in waiting. The more promising results the more momentum built. 

Edited by Dragonsphere

40 minutes ago, Dragonsphere said:

I have a sickening feeling the test subject dropped out and Dr Barghouthi is having to start again. He said he was going to see the person within a week. That was over a month ago. If it was the case there was no observable change he would of likely just said. 

Anyway, as long as they follow the same procedure as Dr Barghouthi, I see no point in waiting. The more promising results the more momentum built. 

It's probably just a scheding conflict...doubt the patient would just drop out... I'm sure he himself wants to see the results 

1 hour ago, Dragonsphere said:

That is the big weakness of our current position, a lot hinges on this one trial with one patient. He can drop out for whatever reason, have had an accident or something else that impedes the process and we have to start all over again. 

If we would know what other docs require to do trials, we could bet on different horses to see documented progress.

4 minutes ago, Square1 said:

That is the big weakness of our current position, a lot hinges on this one trial with one patient. He can drop out for whatever reason, have had an accident or something else that impedes the process and we have to start all over again. 

If we would know what other docs require to do trials, we could bet on different horses to see documented progress.

If that was the case .... I'm pretty sure Dr Bargouthi would have told us by now.... he's been pretty transparent about everything.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Dragonsphere said:

I suspect that the follow up a month ago didn't show anything particularly conclusive, and that Dr Bargouthi is therefore waiting another month or two so the optimal dose will be fractionally more apparent. 

I am guessing Dr Bargouthi simply does not know yet, if his initial result with Verteporfin is replicable, nor whether the same dose of Verteporfin will work on all subjects equally - bearing in mind older people for instance heel with thinner scars, and not to mention possible variables between different ethnicities.    

And then there may be variations in batches of Verteporfin, or the way it is delivered, all leading to more uncertainty at this stage. 

So even if the upcoming results are not yet home runs, it will still be good to see any positive effect being replicated. 

Edited by Hair Tomorrow

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Hair Tomorrow said:

I suspect that the follow up a month ago didn't show anything particularly conclusive, and that Dr Bargouthi is therefore waiting another month or two so the optimal dose will be fractionally more apparent. 

I am guessing Dr Bargouthi simply does not know yet, if his initial result with Verteporfin is replicable, nor whether the same dose of Verteporfin will work on all subjects equally - bearing in mind older people for instance heel with thinner scars, and not to mention possible variables between different ethnicities.    

And then there may be variations in batches of Verteporfin, or the way it is delivered, all leading to more uncertainty at this stage. 

So even if the upcoming results are not yet home runs, it will still be good to see any positive effect being replicated. 

I've mentioned this before but hgh is used in cases for burn victims and with skin grafts to aid in the healing process it's something to consider down the line. 

Also metaformin is a mild yap inhibitor and sometimes used while taking hgh (depending on the dose hgh can have an effect on igf which is downstream from hgh, metaformin is used for the reason)

Edited by TV_on_LazerDisk

Why doesn't one of us become a patient of Dr Barghouthi and get tested with verteporfin. In this manner they will be able to post timely updates on this thread. If a person wants to do so then they should invest in a good photo set up, who will be able to take photos in consistently the same lighting, angles, and directions. He should designate a area with a chair and background and not move those things for 12 months. 

I also think that reputed doctors should do mini trials of verteporfin on themselves or their staff. What do I mean by mini trials ? It means making a single punch or wounding one single old FUE scar and injecting it with verteporfin. One punch injected with verteporfin should not present any safety risks. They will be able to monitor that one punch for 12 months and see for these if it is working or not. 

I still feel that if verteporfin presents growth in Dr Barghouthi's present on going trials, then a future FUE scar revision should be done using verteporfin. We know FUE scars have no hair, so if hair grows through that scar then we know it works.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, bigmistake said:

Why doesn't one of us become a patient of Dr Barghouthi and get tested with verteporfin. In this manner they will be able to post timely updates on this thread. If a person wants to do so then they should invest in a good photo set up, who will be able to take photos in consistently the same lighting, angles, and directions. He should designate a area with a chair and background and not move those things for 12 months. 

I also think that reputed doctors should do mini trials of verteporfin on themselves or their staff. What do I mean by mini trials ? It means making a single punch or wounding one single old FUE scar and injecting it with verteporfin. One punch injected with verteporfin should not present any safety risks. They will be able to monitor that one punch for 12 months and see for these if it is working or not. 

I still feel that if verteporfin presents growth in Dr Barghouthi's present on going trials, then a future FUE scar revision should be done using verteporfin. We know FUE scars have no hair, so if hair grows through that scar then we know it works.

Yes. Would you like to contribute to these projects, and if funds can be raised, I can easily find enough people to carry it out. Otherwise, why would you ask others to spend time and money and take risks to find answers for you? You can buy verteporfin even now for a few hundred dollars, then look for a doctor to transplant a few hairs and inject the drug. The experiment is simple enough for any doctor to perform. But no one is doing that here, everyone is waiting for someone else to pay and complaining about the slow pace.

On 7/12/2024 at 12:48 AM, Hair Tomorrow said:

I think if that was the case he would just say so. It would certainly be preferable for him rather than everyone chasing for an update; his work inbox is likely inundated with  requests for an update. Someone above also also mentioned that he planned to see the patient but was unsure as to when it will be. 

So it is either he hasn't been able to arrange a date for both parties or the patient dropped out and the doctor is looking for another one. It did take Doctor Bloxham nearly 3 months to get photos and arrange a date for his patient to come in so hopefully it is not the later of the two. 

What is weird is that Dr Bargouthi does log in weekly to this forum and is likely reading all these posts. So if you are reading this one Dr Bargouthi, please may you end all this speculation. 😅

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dragonsphere said:

I think if that was the case he would just say so. It would certainly be preferable for him rather than everyone chasing for an update; his work inbox is likely inundated with  requests for an update. Someone above also also mentioned that he planned to see the patient but was unsure as to when it will be. 

So it is either he hasn't been able to arrange a date for both parties or the patient dropped out and the doctor is looking for another one. It did take Doctor Bloxham nearly 3 months to get photos and arrange a date for his patient to come in so hopefully it is not the later of the two. 

What is weird is that Dr Bargouthi does log in weekly to this forum and is likely reading all these posts. So if you are reading this one Dr Bargouthi, please may you end all this speculation. 😅

Even the faintest hint of a result will be good news. 

Dr. Barghouthi announced the second trial the same evening after he finished the surgery, so I am sure he cares for the community. Maybe he's in London clinic and doesn't have an opportunity to follow up with the patient. Anyways it would be awesome if Dr. Barghouthi has an update about situation.

Hi guys,

I’m also eagerly waiting to see him :)) It has just been difficult to coordinate a follow up with me and him being away at different times. We did contact him yesterday again and he will be back in town early next week. I have therefore asked him to come next week when he is back for a follow up. Fingers crossed 🤞🏼 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 4

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

1 minute ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Hi guys,

I’m also eagerly waiting to see him :)) It has just been difficult to coordinate a follow up with me and him being away at different times. We did contact him yesterday again and he will be back in town early next week. I have therefore asked him to come next week when he is back for a follow up. Fingers crossed 🤞🏼 

GOAT

• Like 2

Well guys, just got my double jaw surgery, and a second hair transplant is next on my “list”.   I was hoping this was going to be more available and I would be confident in how well it worked by around now, but I can’t wait around forever, already in my 30’s and not really dating or anything since I use dermmatch and can’t hide it with a partner but for so long.

so think I’ll proceed with my Dr Pittella consultation and do a big FUE with him. Maybe if in the future if verteporfin can restore tons of transplanted hairs I’ll get another to lower my hairline by 2 centimeters lol.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sr1486 said:

Well guys, just got my double jaw surgery, and a second hair transplant is next on my “list”.   I was hoping this was going to be more available and I would be confident in how well it worked by around now, but I can’t wait around forever, already in my 30’s and not really dating or anything since I use dermmatch and can’t hide it with a partner but for so long.

so think I’ll proceed with my Dr Pittella consultation and do a big FUE with him. Maybe if in the future if verteporfin can restore tons of transplanted hairs I’ll get another to lower my hairline by 2 centimeters lol.

You can ask Dr. Pittella if he is willing to use verteporfin. We know at the very least it doesn't hurt. I've been waiting for this next update for years -- I'm so excited. This is finally a really rigorous study design with the right dosage range that will finally give us a clear answer on how much hair vert can regenerate.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fox243 said:

You can ask Dr. Pittella if he is willing to use verteporfin. We know at the very least it doesn't hurt. I've been waiting for this next update for years -- I'm so excited. This is finally a really rigorous study design with the right dosage range that will finally give us a clear answer on how much hair vert can regenerate.

TY!  Can he try it on patients like me --- even though testing has not been complete by FDA sort of entities?  I know he is testing it now.  I wonder if he is willing to experiment with me?