OFFICIAL Verteporfin Hair Loss Cure *Mega Thread

Melvin- Admin

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, sr1486 said:

Well guys, just got my double jaw surgery, and a second hair transplant is next on my “list”.   I was hoping this was going to be more available and I would be confident in how well it worked by around now, but I can’t wait around forever, already in my 30’s and not really dating or anything since I use dermmatch and can’t hide it with a partner but for so long.

so think I’ll proceed with my Dr Pittella consultation and do a big FUE with him. Maybe if in the future if verteporfin can restore tons of transplanted hairs I’ll get another to lower my hairline by 2 centimeters lol.

I'm considering double jaw or a jaw implant. How is the recovery, I have a slight underbite and got a chin implant years ago. Mandible implants weren't a thing when I got my chin implant. Also in my 30s so same position. If you have the money and find a doctor who gives natural looking results, honestly cosmetic surgery is worth it imo.

If you wanna wait for vert have you tried shaving your head. It's not the same as hair but if you're fit is a temporary fix. If not good luck with Pitella. Totally understand not wanting to wait. I just starting losing my hair last year though it's been pretty rapid.

Edited by TV_on_LazerDisk

Dumb question: Even if verteporfin can regrow some hairs, is there any sign yet that the numbers will be significant enough to make a difference? From the existing photos and videos I've seen, it seems like perhaps there were a few new hairs that we can count one by one, but they look so sparse to me... even assuming that is true regrowth, would something like that really move the needle? Since a HT requires thousands of follicular units...

2 hours ago, wmozart said:

Dumb question: Even if verteporfin can regrow some hairs, is there any sign yet that the numbers will be significant enough to make a difference? From the existing photos and videos I've seen, it seems like perhaps there were a few new hairs that we can count one by one, but they look so sparse to me... even assuming that is true regrowth, would something like that really move the needle? Since a HT requires thousands of follicular units...

No one can answer, and no one even knows if it is true regeneration. The answer will be revealed in Dr Braghouthi's update in a week's time.

On 7/17/2024 at 10:17 AM, TV_on_LazerDisk said:

I'm considering double jaw or a jaw implant. How is the recovery, I have a slight underbite and got a chin implant years ago. Mandible implants weren't a thing when I got my chin implant. Also in my 30s so same position. If you have the money and find a doctor who gives natural looking results, honestly cosmetic surgery is worth it imo.

If you wanna wait for vert have you tried shaving your head. It's not the same as hair but if you're fit is a temporary fix. If not good luck with Pitella. Totally understand not wanting to wait. I just starting losing my hair last year though it's been pretty rapid.

I have an unsightly scar from FUT, so shaving my head isn’t an option. Hoping Pittella will say some grafts would stick to it so I don’t need to cover it up as aggressively.

yea, if you have an off bite, or recession of your jaw(s), I would go the osteotomy route, not an implant. I think it gives less uncanny results, better results… it’s actually make it and rotating your bone structure, not just adding bulk/mass.

2 hours ago, sr1486 said:

I have an unsightly scar from FUT, so shaving my head isn’t an option. Hoping Pittella will say some grafts would stick to it so I don’t need to cover it up as aggressively.

yea, if you have an off bite, or recession of your jaw(s), I would go the osteotomy route, not an implant. I think it gives less uncanny results, better results… it’s actually make it and rotating your bone structure, not just adding bulk/mass.

If you do FUT and then go bald, will the scar be visible? Or is the scar only visible when hair is short in contrast to the other hairs?

On 7/10/2024 at 8:01 PM, CureSeeker said:

Still nothing major. Again there are a few new hairs, but also some that disappeared. And while the newer photo looks like it has more hairs overall, that might simply be from the camera taking a less blurry photo, making some of the smaller hairs more visible.

20240710_aligned.jpg

Thanks for the update! Guys, you need to be patient. If vert works, it’ll be will be at least 6 months

7 hours ago, tacale said:

If you do FUT and then go bald, will the scar be visible? Or is the scar only visible when hair is short in contrast to the other hairs?

You will see the scar when bald. A lot of people get SMP done over it to blend it in.

7 hours ago, tacale said:

If the hair above the scar thinned then yes, it would be more visible. Its the most obvious when the surrounding hair is fairly short, but even when it’s like .75 in long I need to paint dermatch over it or use fibers.

if I only got on medication even 4 years earlier it would’ve made such a positive difference.

i would pay 150k for a perfect head of hair if that was possible 

1 minute ago, Shesayshesay said:

You will see the scar when bald. A lot of people get SMP done over it to blend it in.

I got 6 sessions of SMP into my scar and none of it stuck

1 hour ago, Shesayshesay said:

But if you are bald and you get SMP then now you have a strip with hair (or what looks like hair) on an otherwise totally bald head no?

49 minutes ago, tacale said:

But if you are bald and you get SMP then now you have a strip with hair (or what looks like hair) on an otherwise totally bald head no?

When you are bald and clean shave your head, you will still see dots of stubble in your donor area as that area is DHT resistant. When they perform SMP in the area it will blend in with the hair stubble that is left in your donor area as majority of men don’t lose all their hair in that area.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2024 at 4:24 PM, wmozart said:

No need for that for verteporfin to make a huge difference. If it prevents scarring alone, that would increase the number of extractable grafts dramatically IMO. Maybe you can even transplant all of your donor to top of your head. Of course the last part is  a stretch though.

On 7/16/2024 at 5:32 AM, DrTBarghouthi said:

Hi guys,

I’m also eagerly waiting to see him :)) It has just been difficult to coordinate a follow up with me and him being away at different times. We did contact him yesterday again and he will be back in town early next week. I have therefore asked him to come next week when he is back for a follow up. Fingers crossed 🤞🏼 

My dear Doctor. Maybe I didn't check carefully, but are you still in touch with the two original patients? I remember that you distinguished different areas of their scalp and took pictures where it showed some hair growing from near the wound, probably in late 2022. You can't be sure if it's new hair or if it's resting hair. Maybe now we can tell the difference by looking at the big picture?

On 5/1/2024 at 6:09 PM, CureSeeker said:

Yes, dissolved into 1X PBS solution via ultrasonic cleaner, and I used 30 Gauge 4mm mesotherapy needles and injected them at full depth.

Could you detail the reconstitution process a bit more? You used a high-grade ultrasoncatior or something affordable like a jewelry cleaner? If the latter, how did you store the solution?

Did you consider DMSO for the solution?

Sorry if the questions seem like badgering.

On 7/19/2024 at 12:25 AM, tacale said:

No, because I said literally none of the smp stuck at all

6 hours ago, sr1486 said:

No, because I said literally none of the smp stuck at all

I think Bargouthi might do vert on a patient to patient basis but I'm not sure. That's another option.

I'll do a consultant for double jaw surgery and an implant. See my options.

What was your recovery time like? How much of a visual difference did it make?

44 minutes ago, rkd4084 said:

I may be a patient for a clinical trial for a 3rd FUT scar revision with Dr. Bloxham. Should I do it? 

IMG_7411.jpeg

What do you mean by you may be a patient for a clinical trial? AFAIK, Dr. Bloxham hasn’t opened Verteporfin up to the public yet. 

1 minute ago, Fox243 said:

What do you mean by you may be a patient for a clinical trial? AFAIK, Dr. Bloxham hasn’t opened Verteporfin up to the public yet. 

Would you do it if you could?

3 hours ago, Fox243 said:

Yes, I don't think I will get a transplant without it tbh.

You could always go back later and wound the FUE scars and inject verteporfin. Dr Bloxham's case was with a revised FUT study. If Dr Barghouthi results are again successful then I can say with 99.99% certainty this method will work. I am also confident that wounding areas that didn't regenerate in the first round could be wounded again, have the drug injected and result in a similar regeneration rate.

1 minute ago, Dragonsphere said:

You could always go back later and wound the FUE scars and inject verteporfin. Dr Bloxham's case was with a revised FUT study. If Dr Barghouthi results are again successful then I can say with 99.99% certainty this method will work. I am also confident that wounding areas that didn't regenerate in the first round could be wounded again, have the drug injected and result in a similar regeneration rate.

Hopefully but we don’t know for sure. All the animal studies were on fresh wounds. Additionally, Dr. Barghouthi’s results (which looked really good) were on fresh wounds. Would rather not take the risk if I don’t have to. 

I will discuss further with Dr. Bloxham about transparency, but we are currently exchanging emails and looking to lock down a study.  I proposed trying a scar revision and then monthly microneedling to help with an FUT scar.  For those of us who don't have hair to camouflage it and do not want to walk around with an unsightly FUT scar, I want to understand the best chance for success.

If I indeed participate in a clinical trial, is there a way to raise funding to support this effort?  Constant traveling back and forth to NYC monthly as we all as cost for the drug (which apparently is $1800 a vial) is expensive.  What do folks think?

23 minutes ago, rkd4084 said:

I will discuss further with Dr. Bloxham about transparency, but we are currently exchanging emails and looking to lock down a study.  I proposed trying a scar revision and then monthly microneedling to help with an FUT scar.  For those of us who don't have hair to camouflage it and do not want to walk around with an unsightly FUT scar, I want to understand the best chance for success.

If I indeed participate in a clinical trial, is there a way to raise funding to support this effort?  Constant traveling back and forth to NYC monthly as we all as cost for the drug (which apparently is $1800 a vial) is expensive.  What do folks think?

I think we could get a fundraiser going for sure. Not sure if it can cover all the costs, but we can get some portion subsidized at the very least.