OFFICIAL Verteporfin Hair Loss Cure *Mega Thread

Melvin- Admin

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, rkd4084 said:

I will discuss further with Dr. Bloxham about transparency, but we are currently exchanging emails and looking to lock down a study.  I proposed trying a scar revision and then monthly microneedling to help with an FUT scar.  For those of us who don't have hair to camouflage it and do not want to walk around with an unsightly FUT scar, I want to understand the best chance for success.

If I indeed participate in a clinical trial, is there a way to raise funding to support this effort?  Constant traveling back and forth to NYC monthly as we all as cost for the drug (which apparently is $1800 a vial) is expensive.  What do folks think?

I used to travel back and forth from NYC allot when I was younger I know it sucks but if you don't have a car, and your too far for the regular train not Amtrak, the bus can be cheaper assuming you aren't flying distance. Four hours on a bus sucks but once a month and it isn't bad.

Edited by TV_on_LazerDisk

4 hours ago, rkd4084 said:

Thanks, I’ll talk to Dr. Bloxham more and see what we come up with.

I would happily donate towards this. 

Although I do think the most pertinent experiment to do next is wounding into FUE scars.

Hopefully if the latest trial is successful, Dr Barghouthi  will start implementing VT as a standard part of his procedure. Many of won't need to donate anything as we can be our own test subjects. 😅

On 7/20/2024 at 10:57 AM, TV_on_LazerDisk said:

I think Bargouthi might do vert on a patient to patient basis but I'm not sure. That's another option.

I'll do a consultant for double jaw surgery and an implant. See my options.

What was your recovery time like? How much of a visual difference did it make?

Big visual difference. I would see good doctors though. I’m still recovering, but first few days were somewhat tough. Go subscribe to the jaw surgery subreddit and start searching and growing… you can filter by top posts of all time.

some amazing transformations. Hopefully it will makes sense how an implant can’t accomplish the same things, and often just gives added bulky mass

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dragonsphere said:

You could always go back later and wound the FUE scars and inject verteporfin. Dr Bloxham's case was with a revised FUT study. If Dr Barghouthi results are again successful then I can say with 99.99% certainty this method will work. I am also confident that wounding areas that didn't regenerate in the first round could be wounded again, have the drug injected and result in a similar regeneration rate.

So potentially, instead of waiting for vert which could still take years, one could do the operation now (eg FUT) and then if Vert works go back years later for rewounding to minimise the scar?

54 minutes ago, Lets_help_others said:

@DrTBarghouthi Did you succeesed in meeting the patient?

I fully understand that anlyzing and compelling al the data wil take some time. But It would be great to know if you found a way to meet him/her.

Hi guys. Unfortunately not yet but mainly due to him coming back mid week from travel. There was a slight chance he could’ve meet yesterday but he got stuck at work- so he apologized and we agreed to meet upon my return. Will keep you informed ofcourse. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

@DrTBarghouthi thank you for the transparency. Are you planning another trip before meeting the patient ?  I'm asking because you mentioned return.

2 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

we agreed to meet upon my return.

2 hours ago, Nikoni said:

@DrTBarghouthi thank you for the transparency. Are you planning another trip before meeting the patient ?  I'm asking because you mentioned return.

Yes. I fly to London once a month for work. I will definitely see him upon my return for the 4+ months assessment.

• Like 5

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Yes. I fly to London once a month for work. I will definitely see him upon my return for the 4+ months assessment.

Great news - a friend of mine is consulting with other London HT surgeons and I am advising him to hold off until your update - when in the next month do you expect to return to London to assess the 4+ months case with varying Verteporfin doses?

Edited by Hair Tomorrow

On 7/21/2024 at 7:25 AM, Dragonsphere said:

You could always go back later and wound the FUE scars and inject verteporfin. Dr Bloxham's case was with a revised FUT study. If Dr Barghouthi results are again successful then I can say with 99.99% certainty this method will work. I am also confident that wounding areas that didn't regenerate in the first round could be wounded again, have the drug injected and result in a similar regeneration rate.

Are you also optimistic on verteporfin working without a hair transplant?

On 7/21/2024 at 3:25 PM, Dragonsphere said:

Why are you confident that re-wounded sites that didn't regenerate would regenerate if wounded with Verteporfin?

Hello to the group,
please remind me something.
This patient update is from the patient which dr Barghouthi  marked his donor area in 4 squares? Is that right?
If so, I think that this is the patient which will determine the regeneration effects of verteporfin. Nevertheless I believe that the final results will be shown in the 12+ month update. (Personal opinion)

Edited by Marios

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Gwazi said:

Are you also optimistic on verteporfin working without a hair transplant?

Personally, no. There's been a few group buys that have tried it and have had unsuccessful results. I think this is because you really need to cause a wound invasive enough that that it will remodel and normally become a scar, but in this case, the vert wouldn't cause one.

Edited by Fox243

1 hour ago, Hair Tomorrow said:

Why are you confident that re-wounded sites that didn't regenerate would regenerate if wounded with Verteporfin?

There's definitely a chance, but in no way a 99.99% probability lol.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Hair Tomorrow said:

In a theoretical scenario, lets say you cut off your thumb and little finger and you stitched the fingers back on opposite sides and everything healed up. Let's also say in this instance that we had a 'super' yap inhibitor that had the ability to regenerate limbs. If you cut off these two fingers a second time and injected this super yap inhibitor the digits would regenerate in their natural locations.

Our body always remembers what our natural state is after scarring; we lack/ have lost the ability to regenerate back to it.

I believe in regards to FUE, it is simply a percentage game as to if a hair grows back or not. If it doesn't the body still remembers that a hair follicle should be there. It appears regardless of hair regeneration that at least on the higher doses of VT  there is minimal fibrosis, so I don't see why a second round would yield significantly less results. 

There could be other factors i am not accounting for and I stress this is all highly theoretical. If I am right however, the need to achieve a high regeneration rate becomes far less pertinent, almost irrelevant. 

3 hours ago, Fox243 said:

There's definitely a chance, but in no way a 99.99% probability lol.

When I said 99.99% I was referring to wounding into prior FUE scars. The fact we can get results in revised FUT scars more less it confirms that it would work with a far smaller less invasive wound, void of tension 

Edited by Dragonsphere
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Fox243 said:

Personally, no. There's been a few group buys that have tried it and have had unsuccessful results. I think this is because you really need to cause a wound invasive enough that that it will remodel and normally become a scar, but in this case, the vert wouldn't cause one.

Those group buys did not wound their scalps deep enough to get to the hair follicles and only injected low doses of verteporfin relative to the Bloxham trials. And also those people weren’t doctors so who knows how well they actually carried out their experiment. My question is if you are confident verteporfin can regenerate the hair in old scars, then why wouldn’t it work just in bald areas of the scalp?

9 hours ago, Gwazi said:

Those group buys did not wound their scalps deep enough to get to the hair follicles and only injected low doses of verteporfin relative to the Bloxham trials. And also those people weren’t doctors so who knows how well they actually carried out their experiment. My question is if you are confident verteporfin can regenerate the hair in old scars, then why wouldn’t it work just in bald areas of the scalp?

Good points .. it should work in bald areas on top

13 hours ago, Gwazi said:

I think if it does work the surest would be the extraction of miniaturized follicles from the balding areas. And injecting verteporfin or at least punching the scalp at the same depth of follicle extraction.

On 7/10/2024 at 12:00 AM, Lets_help_others said:

Ask your doctor to reach out to Dr. Barghouthi

Thank you. I've reached out to him as well as Dr. Bloxham but haven't received any replies. My HT surgeon said he would inject the verteporfin if I brought it in for him, but I don't think he has time/willingness to do any more than that, meaning that I need to do the work of contacting other docs and figuring out the exact protocol myself.

If anyone here knows any other details on the protocol, e.g. how to re-constitute the powdered verteporfin and how to inject, I would be very grateful!

Edited by wmozart

11 minutes ago, wmozart said:

Thank you. I've reached out to him as well as Dr. Bloxham but haven't received any replies. My HT surgeon said he would inject the verteporfin if I brought it in for him, but I don't think he has time/willingness to do any more than that, meaning that I need to do the work of contacting other docs and figuring out the exact protocol myself.

If anyone here knows any other details on the protocol, e.g. how to re-constitute the powdered verteporfin and how to inject, I would be very grateful!

Well firstly, thank you for putting your head and hair on the line. Maybe you can contact Killian and ask about his protocol.

I also advice making a studio set up at home and not disturbing it for a year, the lights, angles and height of the chair should all be the same. Take loads of before and after pictures in the same lighting conditions and angles.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, wmozart said:

unfortunately, verteporfin is not an easy product to inject "just like that". If you really want to see the 100% benefit of vert, I would recommend going to Dr. Bloxham or Dr. Barghouthi as your surgeon. I'm sure there will be some benefit if you go to a random doctor, but vert is clearly something that needs to be precise.

• Like 1