OFFICIAL Verteporfin Hair Loss Cure *Mega Thread

Melvin- Admin

7 hours ago, Dragonsphere said:

Firstly, I would like @DrTBarghouthi for his dedication to the hair loss community. 

Apart from 0.4 dose I think these results are fantastic. 

Go to page 8 of the thread to see the 4 months result of the last FUE patient and see how similar the hairs look. I think Dr Bloxham's case is more dramatic because it was a far larger wounds so there is more room for improvement. 

Looking at the patient post operative, the hairs extracted and what is growing within the test site, I give the estimated the regeneration rate in the sites to be as follows. 

0.4 - 14%

0.6 - 38%

0.8 -43%

1 - 43%

Now consider that the other patient continued to improve for at least another 12 months, it is very possible those figures will increase. 

Indeed, many thanks again to @DrTBarghouthi

These tiny hairs that we see, can we confirm with certainty that they are indeed extracted grafts that regrew? That in itself would be awesome as it would definitively mean that vp can regenerate hairfollicles after a hair transplant. 

Regarding the actual percentages, the 5-months pictures seem to be zoomed in from the post-op pictures. Is there data on how many grafts were extracted from those 5-month pictures? That way, we can calculate the regrowth percentage.

If these turn out the way Dragonsphere calculated them, that would be huge. Of course provided that they grow normally like the other hairs.

4 hours ago, Square1 said:

Indeed, many thanks again to @DrTBarghouthi

These tiny hairs that we see, can we confirm with certainty that they are indeed extracted grafts that regrew? That in itself would be awesome as it would definitively mean that vp can regenerate hairfollicles after a hair transplant. 

Regarding the actual percentages, the 5-months pictures seem to be zoomed in from the post-op pictures. Is there data on how many grafts were extracted from those 5-month pictures? That way, we can calculate the regrowth percentage.

If these turn out the way Dragonsphere calculated them, that would be huge. Of course provided that they grow normally like the other hairs.

I'm really curious now if it is the case of using hgh and peptides etc...might accelerate growth 

• Administrators

This is why multiple studies are necessary. I agree this isn’t impressive, but perhaps its the patient’s physiology. Some patients don’t grow as well as others in hair transplants. It’s possible that’s the case here. 

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

6 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

This is why multiple studies are necessary. I agree this isn’t impressive, but perhaps its the patient’s physiology. Some patients don’t grow as well as others in hair transplants. It’s possible that’s the case here. 

Yeah, I'm starting to think this too. Dr. Barghouthi's first patient was extremely impressive and two of Dr. Bloxham's patients were impressive. His last one along with Dr. Barghouthi's newest patient -- not so much. Do you have any updates on how we can get some more studies done? I think we just need a larger sample size to determine for whom it can work.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, TV_on_LazerDisk said:

If we get volunteers of people want to try vert and patients who want regular hair transplants (no shortage) as a control 

Availability of patients is not the issue -- its the availability of surgeons that is

Edited by Fox243

I agree. It could be simply physiological . I will follow up the status of these hairs. Might get him to buzz cut again too. I’m also looking closely at some of the scars- there’s certainly some variation in how some of them responded. Some looked better than others, but I want to see whether the actual diameter measurement after surgery is a factor.
We will keep on trying :)) 

Edited by DrTBarghouthi
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

I’m doing this exact study with Dr. Bloxham on 8/26, along with seeing how this medication potentially helps with FUT scarring. We haven’t discussed specifics but I know he’s going to administer the highest concentration used to date.

Edited by rkd4084
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Nikoni said:

IF we go back to 2-3 months results of the first trial, the new hair is somewhat similar, don't you think ?

Yes. I don’t get why everyone’s so worried. The results of the first FUE trial with Barghouthi weren’t impressive until the 500 day update 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gwazi said:

Yes. I don’t get why everyone’s so worried. The results of the first FUE trial with Barghouthi weren’t impressive until the 500 day update 

The 4 month results from the first trial were much better than this. This is the 0.32 dose where the T clerarly looks like less scarring (with much better pigmentation) and possibly a lot of thick hairs growing too.image.png.44fdb72ae8159c23cadc80f16de680be.png

2 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

The 4 month results from the first trial were much better than this. This is the 0.32 dose where the T clerarly looks like less scarring (with much better pigmentation) and possibly a lot of thick hairs growing too.image.png.44fdb72ae8159c23cadc80f16de680be.png

Idk about that. The control area is facing the camera and the test area isn't. See the direction of the hairs. Hard to assess when you're not seeing a flat surface.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fox243 said:

The control looks shinier because its the one directly facing the camera so it has brighter lighting. And the test area in this pic to me looks the same as the control area in terms of density. I doubt there were any hairs that had regrown in this picture because of the verteporfin. I think we should wait til the 1 year mark to decide whether or not verteporfin was effective or ineffective for this newer patient

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

I agree. It could be simply physiological . I will follow up the status of these hairs. Might get him to buzz cut again too. I’m also looking closely at some of the scars- there’s certainly some variation in how some of them responded. Some looked better than others, but I want to see whether the actual diameter measurement after surgery is a factor.

Science isn't always a perfect fit. Some people take Propecia and maintain their hair that they have for life, sometimes gaining multiple Noorwood levels, and for other the hair loss continues unabated. We can speculate and theorise why but we don't have a complete understanding of MPB. 

Just like with most medications there will always be a variation in responses. 

I agree this result isn't impressive as the first but on the higher doses and if those hairs become terminal it does look to be at least a 30% improvement rate.  

For a second trial at 5 months, I would still say these results are promising. 

Edited by Dragonsphere

10 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

How certain are we that these small hairs are actually verteporfin induced and not just dormant grafts switching to anagen phase? In other words, does this trial confirm that vp is able to regenerate removed hair follicles?

And if so, is there a way of tracking how many grafts were removed in each picture? If we divide the number of regenerated grafts to the total number of grafts removed we have the regeneration percentage. That would be great to establish.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Square1 said:

How certain are we that these small hairs are actually verteporfin induced and not just dormant grafts switching to anagen phase? In other words, does this trial confirm that vp is able to regenerate removed hair follicles?

And if so, is there a way of tracking how many grafts were removed in each picture? If we divide the number of regenerated grafts to the total number of grafts removed we have the regeneration percentage. That would be great to establish.

No ofcourse we can’t be certain. It is just based on their proximity to extracted sites and there doesn’t seem to be similar ones in non injected areas in a similar manner. We can certainly know the number of extractions. You can even count the punches within the SMP marked areas: usually around 7-8 in each test area. 

• Like 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

14 minutes ago, Square1 said:

If they were dormant grafts wouldnt they grow thicker hairs as the bulb would be mature already? Just a thought.

31 minutes ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

No ofcourse we can’t be certain. It is just based on their proximity to extracted sites and there doesn’t seem to be similar ones in non injected areas in a similar manner. We can certainly know the number of extractions. You can even count the punches within the SMP marked areas: usually around 7-8 in each test area. 

In the 0.8 Test picture, there are 7 circled areas of possibly regenerated hair. Let's say for the example that they are.

If there were 8 grafts removed, wouldn't that mean a regeneration percentage of 87,5% (7/8 * 100) or am I looking at it in a wrong way?

5 hours ago, rkd4084 said:

I’m doing this exact study with Dr. Bloxham on 8/26, along with seeing how this medication potentially helps with FUT scarring. We haven’t discussed specifics but I know he’s going to administer the highest concentration used to date.

what dose/concentration  will he use ?

1 minute ago, Nikoni said:

what dose/concentration  will he use ?

I’m not sure. We will discuss when I visit, I already paid $1800 for the Verteporfin to be used on me to see how things progress.

• Like 2

On 7/20/2024 at 1:57 PM, TV_on_LazerDisk said:

I think Bargouthi might do vert on a patient to patient basis but I'm not sure. That's another option.

I'll do a consultant for double jaw surgery and an implant. See my options.

What was your recovery time like? How much of a visual difference did it make?

Heavy recovery is done now. Shoot me a pm if you want to see before/after pics, I’ll send my Reddit post.   You’ll see this type of thing is impossible to replicate with implants 

1 hour ago, rkd4084 said:

I’m not sure. We will discuss when I visit, I already paid $1800 for the Verteporfin to be used on me to see how things progress.

not all heroes wear capes

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fox243 said:

Agree, however we see comparison on the photo. If we look at the test area alone there is still scarring and not so much growth. For example in 0.8 site there is more evident white and big scar outside of the test encircled area.