OFFICIAL Verteporfin Hair Loss Cure *Mega Thread

Melvin- Admin

16 hours ago, Fox243 said:

The 4 month results from the first trial were much better than this. This is the 0.32 dose where the T clerarly looks like less scarring (with much better pigmentation) and possibly a lot of thick hairs growing too.image.png.44fdb72ae8159c23cadc80f16de680be.png

The angle of lighting plays a huge role. In the first test I thought that the light is coming from the right side highlighting the control more, even the angle of the photograph is focused more towards the right. If the lighting and focus was a bit more centred then the scarring in the test would also appears almost the same. This means either the first test itself didn't work, or we need to give it more time.

Posted (edited)

that the fact that we're seeing some hairs growing out of the extraction sites is a good sign, i doubt these are transected follicles, because they are currently very thin whispy looking hairs and a transected follicle should retain it's original thickness,

over time these whispier hairs should turn into thicker terminal hairs hopefully 

Edited by takuma

Posted (edited)
On 8/8/2024 at 6:39 PM, Square1 said:

In the 0.8 Test picture, there are 7 circled areas of possibly regenerated hair. Let's say for the example that they are.

If there were 8 grafts removed, wouldn't that mean a regeneration percentage of 87,5% (7/8 * 100) or am I looking at it in a wrong way?

Anybody with a better reasoning than me here? If 7/8 grafts have been removed per picture and we see 7 new (?) hairs / hair groups coming up, couldnt that just mean that nearly all grafts regrew?

Maybe they need more time to fully develop into normal terminal hairs, but that might follow in coming months.

Edited by Square1
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 8/9/2024 at 9:35 PM, Square1 said:

Anybody with a better reasoning than me here? If 7/8 grafts have been removed per picture and we see 7 new (?) hairs / hair groups coming up, couldnt that just mean that nearly all grafts regrew?

Maybe they need more time to fully develop into normal terminal hairs, but that might follow in coming months.

Unfortunately that isn't the case. 

I have circled in green the tattooed marks around the siter where VT was injected. 

Three hairs are growing within the test site. 

That's over 40% and looking at the other picture of the site right after surgery, all three of the hairs inside the test zone you can trace to an excision. Three out of four I can for outside the test area. 

It has only been 5 months and there are so many variables, e.g. the patient could be a smoker and they tend to heal slower. 

Hopefully these hairs will thicken up as they have on all other tests done so far. Maybe we will get 1 or 2 more hairs which would bump the regeneration up to 70%. 

Even if this patient averages 30% regeneration or slightly lower, imagine if you could repeat the procedure in areas that didn't regenerate. It would only take one follow up procedure and they would have regained the majority of their donor back. 

If those hairs below thicken up, I would consider this experiment to be a monumental success.

We have another 12 months + of likely improvement. 

To quote Dr Bloxham, "It's going to be a roller coaster." 🎢

image.jpeg.f161d1a91c32a2ed2d19ffb590bbac06.jpeg

Edited by Dragonsphere
  • Like 1

I have circled some hairs out of the test area because of the proximity of these hairs to the injection site and the possibility that VT actually reached those areas too. 

• Like 5

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

On 8/8/2024 at 8:52 PM, sr1486 said:

Heavy recovery is done now. Shoot me a pm if you want to see before/after pics, I’ll send my Reddit post.   You’ll see this type of thing is impossible to replicate with implants 

Sent you a PM

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

I have circled some hairs out of the test area because of the proximity of these hairs to the injection site and the possibility that VT actually reached those areas too. 

Assuming that the small hairs are actually vp-induced regeneration and will growth to thick terminal hairs, what percentage of regrowth do you think is achieved here? Is it the 30% that Dragonsphere calculated or do you think another percentage fits the situation better?

Posted (edited)
In terms of scarring, this does seem less impressive compared to Dr. Bloxham's FUT incisions.

It might be because, with a FUT strip, verteporfin can be precisely injected directly into the wound. However, with the small FUE punch holes, it's likely too challenging to inject verteporfin into each individual hole, so the drug ends up being injected and applied mostly to the surrounding tissue instead.

Any thoughts?
Edited by eze
  • Like 1

So far we are not seeing hairs growing from the center of the excisions, right? They are all bordering the areas with no pigmentation.

I suppose pigmentation and hair regrowth go hand in hand as they are characteristics of healthy skin.

Excited to see how it turns out in the following weeks/months... I just hope we don't have to wait a whole year before seeing more trials being done.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, tatasabaya said:

So far we are not seeing hairs growing from the center of the excisions, right? They are all bordering the areas with no pigmentation.

I suppose pigmentation and hair regrowth go hand in hand as they are characteristics of healthy skin.

Excited to see how it turns out in the following weeks/months... I just hope we don't have to wait a whole year before seeing more trials being done.

Could the smp makers have interfered?

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, tatasabaya said:

How?

Maybe interaction with verteporfin, maybe it effected it's absorbation, maybe effected it's photo reactivity, a chemical interaction, maybe some other unknown effect. I don't know.

Edited by TV_on_LazerDisk
  • Like 1

My concern is that since this person works on site and has an outdoor job, he may have let the sunlight into his scalp. Obviously, Dr. Barghouthi knows this person best and comment on this, but this is my leading hypothesis at the moment.

• Well Done 1

Posted (edited)

Or maybe the Verteporfin had been stored incorrectly - either by the chemical supplier or the surgery - if Verteporfin should be frozen for longer storage periods, then sending it at room temperature and merely refrigerating it is going to be an issue presumably?

Edited by Hair Tomorrow
  • Like 1

Guys, why all of you discussing this trial as if it failed ?

It's 4 1/2 months results only, there are some tiny hairs that maybe verteprofin regenerated, as doctor said he didn't see such hair in non injected areas and scarring to my eyes also seems better, I was trying to compare day 1 results and find extractions 1 by 1, and for couple of them I could indentify the locations, but it seems there was no scar. For this period it seems to be not bad progress IMO.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, sansi said:

Guys, why all of you discussing this trial as if it failed ?

It's 4 1/2 months results only, there are some tiny hairs that maybe verteprofin regenerated, as doctor said he didn't see such hair in non injected areas and scarring to my eyes also seems better, I was trying to compare day 1 results and find extractions 1 by 1, and for couple of them I could indentify the locations, but it seems there was no scar. For this period it seems to be not bad progress IMO.

This!

Look at Dr Bloxham's 5 month result for one of his patient's and compare it to the 5 month result of Dr Barghouthi's first patient. 

Most of the regenerated hairs are far longer than Dr Barghouthi's original five month result. 

Imagine if Dr Bloxham's test was done before the first test by Dr Barghouthi, we would all be saying the same things we are right now, about has small the hairs look in comparison 

The healing process is not going to be uniform in every patient. 

We have another 12+ months of likely improvement where, hopefully, the newly emerged hairs will become terminal. A few more hairs could also sprout.  

image.png

Edited by Dragonsphere

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hair Tomorrow said:

I might be imagining it, but did the Verteporfin-regenerated small hairs in Dr Bargouthi's original 5 month results appear a bit more rooted than with the small hairs in these latest images?

That could very well be the lighting 

Edited by TV_on_LazerDisk

Dr Bloxham's last update showed results for his patients at six months and nine months.. Should we assume that we have seen the final results at this point for his trial or do y'all think there will be more progress.

• Administrators

Dr. Ted Miln just confirmed his trial will begin 2025. I’ve sent him this thread. Hopefully he will share the great news soon!

• Like 6

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Dr. Ted Miln just confirmed his trial will begin 2025. I’ve sent him this thread. Hopefully he will share the great news soon!

Dr. Miln is an amazing guy. Very excited to hear what he has to say. 

Posted (edited)

To my untrained eye, these outlined hairs look more like Toppik keratin fibres than actual rooted hairs at this point. Somebody please prove me completely wrong.

Edited by Hair Tomorrow

1 hour ago, Hair Tomorrow said:

To my untrained eye, these outlined hairs look more like Toppik keratin fibres than actual rooted hairs at this point. Somebody please prove me completely wrong.

I have to admit that they hardly look like new hairs

• Like 1