OFFICIAL Verteporfin Hair Loss Cure *Mega Thread

Melvin- Admin

If Dr Bargouthi can get this test case back for a follow up in two weeks time, so three weeks since these photos were taken, then if mature hair grows 1/8th of an inch per week, what would we expect newly developing hairs to have grown in that three week period?

I don't think anyone knows this is sort of a new thing

15 hours ago, Hair Tomorrow said:

If Dr Bargouthi can get this test case back for a follow up in two weeks time, so three weeks since these photos were taken, then if mature hair grows 1/8th of an inch per week, what would we expect newly developing hairs to have grown in that three week period?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I notice the two hairs in one outlined area on the right seem to have faint circular patterns around them on the skin - is that a sign that they are indeed rooted hairs?

Screenshot 2024-08-15 at 12.16.58.png

Edited by Hair Tomorrow

Yes I agree that all possibilities exist. That’s why we need to give it time and follow up with a shaved head. I asked him specifically if he used fibers or anything there and he said never. His hair is long which means he didn’t have a recent hair cut (in case these were new cut hairs).

Will keep you updated. 

• Like 5

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

9 minutes ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Yes I agree that all possibilities exist. That’s why we need to give it time and follow up with a shaved head. I asked him specifically if he used fibers or anything there and he said never. His hair is long which means he didn’t have a recent hair cut (in case these were new cut hairs).

Will keep you updated. 

Do you think he followed all your post op instructions or is there risk that he might’ve not? In particular, keeping the head covered from light and especially sunlight for up to a week. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hair Tomorrow said:

But I would expect with a brand new hair, that it would rapidly gain in thickness as it sprouts, yet these apparent new hairs are the same thickness either end - as a betting man, I am nervous. 

This is a good point. A new hair has a tapered end as it comes through the skin normally. And is thicker at the root.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Imaginaryhero said:

This is a good point. A new hair has a tapered end as it comes through the skin normally. And is thicker at the root.

I asked Brave AI if a brand new hair is tapered, and... it isn't!

Screenshot 2024-08-15 at 21.17.56.png

Edited by Hair Tomorrow
  • Wow 2
  • Well Done 1

So inconclusive about why these new miniature hairs don't appear to be rooted, and I still don't get why Dr Bargouthi's initial Verteporfin test case with 0.4ml per CM2 got the best (almost perfect) result, yet now the 0.8ml per CM2 is getting the best result - the quicker Dr Bargouthi can get his patient back for those shaved hair comparisons the better - and perhaps a photo lifting up one of these new hairs with a blunt scalpel or ruler etc, to confirm attachment

Could it be that Dr Bargouthi's most recent test case was taking medications or supplements that might interfere with Verteporfin's action? Omega 3 fish oil for instance reduces scarring, so might turn an appropriate dose of Verteporfin into an ineffective over-dose - just a hypothesis.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2024 at 12:55 PM, hairmonk said:

Exactly, I've recently used it on a small scar revision on my stomach. No permission needed, just cooperation from a doctor and they like money too

If it's healed well in a year my plan is to use the before and after pictures to convince a transplant surgeon to let me use it with a FUE

it's been healing nicely. Keloid scar revision from appendix removal. Almost 5 months

Edited by hairmonk
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, hairmonk said:

it's been healing nicely. Keloid scar revision from appendix removal. Almost 5 months

Ooh very interesting. Has your surgeon made any remarks? Is it better than other patients he’s done similar procedures for? Is it better than other scar revision procedures you have had (if you’ve had any)? 

• Like 1

On 7/10/2024 at 9:01 PM, CureSeeker said:

Still nothing major. Again there are a few new hairs, but also some that disappeared. And while the newer photo looks like it has more hairs overall, that might simply be from the camera taking a less blurry photo, making some of the smaller hairs more visible.

20240710_aligned.jpg

@CureSeeker any updates btw?

On 8/15/2024 at 9:22 PM, DrTBarghouthi said:

Will keep you updated. 

The tiny hairs in the photo have a strange shape. I work in hair follicle physiology, and I can confirm that it is not hair that regenerates from a dormant period, otherwise it would grow so rapidly over the course of a week that it would be almost impossible to capture so many new cycles of hair at once. It's either induced by verteporfin or some kind of debris that sticks to the surface of the skin. Morphologically, it's more likely to be the latter. In fact, you don't need to ask or wait for weeks, just rinse with water to find out.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2024 at 11:07 AM, uuuzi said:

The tiny hairs in the photo have a strange shape. I work in hair follicle physiology, and I can confirm that it is not hair that regenerates from a dormant period, otherwise it would grow so rapidly over the course of a week that it would be almost impossible to capture so many new cycles of hair at once. It's either induced by verteporfin or some kind of debris that sticks to the surface of the skin. Morphologically, it's more likely to be the latter. In fact, you don't need to ask or wait for weeks, just rinse with water to find out.

Do these tiny hair-like structures resemble keratin fibres, like Toppick or Nanogen to you?

10 minutes ago, Hair Tomorrow said:

Do these tiny hair-like structures resemble keratin fibres, like Toppick or Nanogen to you?

I've never worked with fiber and don't know what it looks like under a microscope. Normal hair has a thin head and less pigmentation at the beginning of growth, and becomes thicker and darker over the course of a week or two. You can look at the hairs on your fingers or eyebrows, they have a shorter cycle and there are a lot of these new hairs.

20 hours ago, uuuzi said:

I've never worked with fiber and don't know what it looks like under a microscope. Normal hair has a thin head and less pigmentation at the beginning of growth, and becomes thicker and darker over the course of a week or two. You can look at the hairs on your fingers or eyebrows, they have a shorter cycle and there are a lot of these new hairs.

Could an under-developed follicle produce a smaller darker hair?

3 hours ago, Hair Tomorrow said:

Could an under-developed follicle produce a smaller darker hair?

No, the color should be lighter, which is why I said the thing in the photo should not be hair, but some kind of surface adhesion. Pigmentation is the result of the healthy work of melanocytes

Posted (edited)

Is a pigmented hair on a one year old baby's head the same thickness as a hair on an adult's head?

Brave AI thinks babies hair is thinner, so if these Verteporfin-regenerated follicles are in a sense newborn follicles, might that explain their much smaller diameter?

Edited by Hair Tomorrow

19 hours ago, uuuzi said:

No, the color should be lighter, which is why I said the thing in the photo should not be hair, but some kind of surface adhesion. Pigmentation is the result of the healthy work of melanocytes

Is a pigmented hair on a one year old baby's head the same thickness as a hair on an adult's head?

Brave AI thinks babies hair is thinner, so if these Verteporfin-regenerated follicles are in a sense newborn follicles, might that explain their much smaller diameter?

• Like 1
  • Well Done 1

10 hours ago, Hair Tomorrow said:

No. It is much smaller than even infant vellus hair and I don't think it will develop into a full-fledged human hair follicle. The focus now is on figuring out if it's growing under the skin, rather than waiting a few more months, or doing a few more repetitions.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, uuuzi said:

No. It is much smaller than even infant vellus hair and I don't think it will develop into a full-fledged human hair follicle. The focus now is on figuring out if it's growing under the skin, rather than waiting a few more months, or doing a few more repetitions.

Even if there hasn't been any growth over the last three weeks but Dr Barghouthi can show they are rooted hairs, it will still be good news, and a Verteporfin HT will still be the best bet. 

Edited by Hair Tomorrow