OFFICIAL Verteporfin Hair Loss Cure *Mega Thread

Melvin- Admin

3 hours ago, Hair Tomorrow said:

So, what, maybe one in three hundred 24 year old men have hair loss as aggressive as yours? 

How do women treat you?

I mean I've had a girlfriend for almost 7 years, so I haven't wanted to be on the dating market. I've never had any problems making female friends who treat me normally, I guess lol. 

Although there are some trials going on (Dr. Barghouthi 2, dr. Bloxham 1 and 2, dr. Miln in 2025) it feels like the energy has died down and progress is extremely slow. 

How much would it require to fund a trial (not just the verteporfin, but also paying the doc for this time) to have things really sped up? 

I mean, to get somewhere, we need much more research. Not just to investigate whether vp works, but also to see if we can repeat the process. Funding a trial means that we get a say in the research design, make sure that we are updated etc.

Maybe @Fox243 or @Melvin- Admin has an idea? 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Square1 said:

Although there are some trials going on (Dr. Barghouthi 2, dr. Bloxham 1 and 2, dr. Miln in 2025) it feels like the energy has died down and progress is extremely slow. 

How much would it require to fund a trial (not just the verteporfin, but also paying the doc for this time) to have things really sped up? 

I mean, to get somewhere, we need much more research. Not just to investigate whether vp works, but also to see if we can repeat the process. Funding a trial means that we get a say in the research design, make sure that we are updated etc.

Maybe @Fox243 or @Melvin- Admin has an idea? 

I mean @rkd4084 precisely offered this. He was already willing to pay some of it out of his own pocket anyways, but nobody took him up on his offer. Personally, I'm at the point where I'm convinced it works and will be getting my HT with verteporfin, so I don't really have a horse in this race anymore.

16 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

I mean @rkd4084 precisely offered this. He was already willing to pay some of it out of his own pocket anyways, but nobody took him up on his offer. Personally, I'm at the point where I'm convinced it works and will be getting my HT with verteporfin, so I don't really have a horse in this race anymore.

I did mine on 8/26, paid Bloxham $7 K. I’ll be going back to his office at the around the year mark.

11 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

I am looking back in his posting history, but I fail to see an offer of any kind. I think he did his intended procedure already, if there is more on the table I would be happy to discuss it. 

Also, I agree with you that it is likely that vp does have an effect, but aren't you interested in the repeatability of vp? I mean, especially if you are already a nw7 it should make a huge difference if you can apply it once and get maybe 20-30% regeneration or you can repeat this process indefinitely. 

3 minutes ago, Square1 said:

I am looking back in his posting history, but I fail to see an offer of any kind. I think he did his intended procedure already, if there is more on the table I would be happy to discuss it. 

Also, I agree with you that it is likely that vp does have an effect, but aren't you interested in the repeatability of vp? I mean, especially if you are already a nw7 it should make a huge difference if you can apply it once and get maybe 20-30% regeneration or you can repeat this process indefinitely. 

I mean here's just an example. I am interested in the repeatability of vp for sure, but honestly I was quite dismayed at the community not providing much support to rkd, so I've just decided it's not worth the effort to convince the community anymore to support more trials and instead just get it done myself.

image.thumb.png.64b62d803d3387b01b71edfc92666ceb.png

Edited by Fox243

13 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

I mean here's just an example. I am interested in the repeatability of vp for sure, but honestly I was quite dismayed at the community not providing much support to rkd, so I've just decided it's not worth the effort to convince the community anymore to support more trials and instead just get it done myself.

Ah, it was in another topic. I literally only visit this one, so I wasn't aware this was going on. 

Also, I would rather have an agreement with a doc than with a forum member. And if possible, a reputable doc. Bisanga was somewhat interested, but bailed in the end. If we could persuade him by covering his expenses, that would be awesome.

Btw, I did some procedures myself, years ago. I have decent coverage everywhere but removing more grafts now could make it look bad. Otherwise I would have tried a ht with vp myself and documented it.

Maybe there is still something possible with 100 grafts doing 2 transplants, both with vp. If the transplanted hairs are transplanted again and also regenerate as well that would be really, really good news.

2 hours ago, Fox243 said:

In all fairness, many people including myself said they were willing to contribute towards this. I don't believe a donation link was ever shared on the forum. 

Dr Barghouthi's first trial was crowd funded and there is a lot more interest now. I am sure we could raise funds for another trial, testing repeatability, e.g. wounding a few dozen FUE sites and the injecting the drug. 

1 hour ago, Dragonsphere said:

In all fairness, many people including myself said they were willing to contribute towards this. I don't believe a donation link was ever shared on the forum. 

Dr Barghouthi's first trial was crowd funded and there is a lot more interest now. I am sure we could raise funds for another trial, testing repeatability, e.g. wounding a few dozen FUE sites and the injecting the drug. 

The design I am thinking about is to transplant 100 grafts with vp from site A to site B. Let's say they all yield and we have regeneration of 30%, so 30 grafts in site A and 100 in site B. 

After a year, site A is rewounded with vp and all grafts from site B are transplanted to site C. 

If either the rewounding of site A or the removal of grafts from site B yields significant regeneration, we are a great step closer to a functional cure in my opinion. 

What do you (or others) think about this study design?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Square1 said:

The design I am thinking about is to transplant 100 grafts with vp from site A to site B. Let's say they all yield and we have regeneration of 30%, so 30 grafts in site A and 100 in site B. 

After a year, site A is rewounded with vp and all grafts from site B are transplanted to site C. 

If either the rewounding of site A or the removal of grafts from site B yields significant regeneration, we are a great step closer to a functional cure in my opinion. 

I agree with the first part - 100 grafts from site A to B with verteporfin and ascertain the regeneration rate. 

Then at least one year later, rewound all extractions in site A and inject verteporfin. 

If the regeneration rate is not statistically different in both instances, then it would be safe to see we have a surgical cure. 

Simple & easy. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Square1 said:

I like this idea, if we're going to do this we need to figure out which doctor would be doing this trial.... this is something that could be started rather quickly... with only 100 grafts , i don't think it would take much verteporfin to tell, but i would imagine it would be either Dr Bargouthi or Dr Bloxham doing this trial or another doctor who uses a tricoscope...also i think we should maybe think about having area A divided into 3 sub areas so we can try different concentrations in different spots and see which yields the best regeneration starting from what we know from Dr Bloxham's and Dr Bargouthi's trials which concentrations or doses work best

Edited by takuma

10 hours ago, Dragonsphere said:

I agree with the first part - 100 grafts from site A to B with verteporfin and ascertain the regeneration rate. 

Then at least one year later, rewound all extractions in site A and inject verteporfin. 

If the regeneration rate is not statistically different in both instances, then it would be safe to see we have a surgical cure. 

Simple & easy. 

I agree with this experiment, but why not try both possible pathways? 

5 hours ago, takuma said:

I like this idea, if we're going to do this we need to figure out which doctor would be doing this trial.... this is something that could be started rather quickly... with only 100 grafts , i don't think it would take much verteporfin to tell, but i would imagine it would be either Dr Bargouthi or Dr Bloxham doing this trial or another doctor who uses a tricoscope...also i think we should maybe think about having area A divided into 3 sub areas so we can try different concentrations in different spots and see which yields the best regeneration starting from what we know from Dr Bloxham's and Dr Bargouthi's trials which concentrations or doses work best

When dividing 100 grafts in 3, the numbers get exceedingly small for each group which is not ideal. 

How much would a study designed around these lines cost?

6 hours ago, Square1 said:

I agree with this experiment, but why not try both possible pathways? 

When dividing 100 grafts in 3, the numbers get exceedingly small for each group which is not ideal. 

How much would a study designed around these lines cost?

Moving grafts from site b to site c after they were already taken from site A and implanted into site B is risky, who would want their transplanted hairs retransplanted into a different area ..who would agree to that, considering that the donor is finite or so we assume it is as of currently. I would say if we're going to move any grafts from site B to site C they should be a negliglble amount maybe just a few grafts 

Edited by takuma

1 hour ago, takuma said:

Moving grafts from site b to site c after they were already taken from site A and implanted into site B is risky, who would want their transplanted hairs retransplanted into a different area ..who would agree to that, considering that the donor is finite or so we assume it is as of currently. I would say if we're going to move any grafts from site B to site C they should be a negliglble amount maybe just a few grafts 

Well, there are trials going on, but (to my knowledge) none focus on the repeatability of vp. This is crucial, because if we find a pathway to get consistent regrowth from the application of vp, we could increase the amount of hair over and over again. In this case, we have a functional cure for baldness.

I agree that rewounding an area with extracted grafts is a good experiment, however, what if it does not work the way we want? By testing retransplanting grafts and checking the regrowth there we just have another shot at repeating the effect op vp. 

It is also not that the grafts from site B to site C disappear, they should grow again at site C, but hopefully with regeneration at site B.  I do agree that the number of grafts used for this experiment could be rather low. 

I would be willing to donate a substantial amount to this type of research, of course, provided that we can mark grafts and know for sure which regrew and which didn't.

Since @Melvin- Admin is in contact with many docs regarding this topic. Can he suggest somebody who is up to speed with the research and if willing to do this (paid) experiment? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TV_on_LazerDisk said:

I think we're all overacting to one person in the study. There could be all sorts of variables. What's important is we have more people and multiple doctors if possible and imo focus on fue.

we don't need that many more doctors doing trials...what we need is definitive proof it works and if it works without needing a full hair transplant then it's a definitive cure ....like if we can keep moving follicles around and applying verteporfin then we don't need to extract thousands of grafts if we can keep moving the same ones and growing new hairs through verteporfin 

16 hours ago, takuma said:

we don't need that many more doctors doing trials...what we need is definitive proof it works and if it works without needing a full hair transplant then it's a definitive cure ....like if we can keep moving follicles around and applying verteporfin then we don't need to extract thousands of grafts if we can keep moving the same ones and growing new hairs through verteporfin 

We also need a large sample for our first stage, it also might be the case if we move grafts around, the hair follicles that grow back are dht sensitive in the reciepent regions, there are more variables at play for the second stage 

What might be better is purposely bisecting the grafts moved around in the donor area and applying verteporfin to those 

Edited by TV_on_LazerDisk
  • Like 1

The idea of both the donor and recipient parts of a bisected follicle growing after a hair transplant, especially with the use of a regenerative agent like verteporfin, is an interesting one, though not yet fully supported by scientific evidence.

In theory, if a follicle were bisected carefully during transplantation, and both halves contained critical structures needed for growth (such as portions of the dermal papilla, stem cells, or other essential components), there might be a chance that both the donor and recipient sites could regenerate hair. Verteporfin, through its role in cellular regeneration by inhibiting the YAP pathway, could potentially enhance the environment for both parts of the follicle to heal and regenerate.

However, this concept faces several challenges:

1. **Complexity of Follicular Structures**: Hair follicles are complex, containing multiple layers and components, each necessary for hair production. For both halves to grow, each would need to retain enough viable cells and structures for regrowth, which is difficult to ensure.

2. **Current Research on Follicle Splitting**: Some limited research on follicle splitting (or bisecting) has shown mixed results. In some cases, it is possible for a split follicle to regenerate hair in both the donor and recipient sites, but this is rare and generally results in weaker, thinner hair.

3. **Verteporfin’s Potential Role**: While verteporfin may aid in tissue regeneration and improve healing environments, whether it could specifically help both halves of a bisected follicle regenerate hair would require more targeted research. The drug’s ability to enhance follicle recovery after damage is not yet proven in this context.

In conclusion, while it's theoretically possible that both the donor and recipient halves of a bisected follicle could grow if treated with regenerative agents like verteporfin, it would depend on many factors, including how the follicle was bisected and the overall health of the transplanted tissue. This remains an area for future research in hair transplantation.

Chatgpt

Also

The use of Human Growth Hormone (HGH) has been studied in various contexts for tissue regeneration, wound healing, and cell growth, so it’s possible that HGH could theoretically play a role in improving hair follicle recovery after being bisected in a hair transplant.

HGH promotes cell growth, regeneration, and tissue repair, which are essential processes for hair follicle health and regeneration. Here’s how HGH might potentially help in this scenario:

### 1. **Cellular Regeneration**

HGH stimulates the production of growth factors like IGF-1 (Insulin-like Growth Factor 1), which play a crucial role in promoting cellular proliferation and regeneration. In the context of bisected hair follicles, HGH could help enhance the regenerative capacity of the remaining follicular cells, improving their chances of survival and regrowth in both the donor and recipient areas.

### 2. **Wound Healing**

HGH is known for its ability to speed up wound healing by promoting the repair of damaged tissues. This might be beneficial in the case of a bisected follicle, as the healing process would be critical to allowing the cells to regenerate and form a viable follicle capable of producing hair.

### 3. **Follicular Health**

HGH can potentially improve the overall health of hair follicles by enhancing the blood supply and nutrient delivery to the scalp, creating a more favorable environment for hair growth. This could improve the chances of bisected follicles regenerating hair.

### 4. **Improved Follicular Function**

Increased cellular activity due to HGH might help stimulate the dermal papilla and hair matrix cells, both of which are vital for follicle function and hair production. Even in a bisected follicle, these cells could contribute to hair regrowth if they are supported properly.

### Challenges and Considerations

- **Extent of Follicle Damage**: The degree of follicle bisection would still play a major role. If the critical components of the follicle (e.g., the dermal papilla or the stem cells in the bulge region) are severely damaged, even HGH may not be able to fully restore the follicle’s ability to produce hair.

- **Lack of Specific Research**: While HGH has been shown to improve wound healing and tissue regeneration, there is limited research directly linking HGH use to improved outcomes in bisected hair follicles after transplantation.

- **Systemic Effects**: HGH has systemic effects throughout the body, so its use must be carefully managed to avoid unwanted side effects, such as abnormal cell growth or other hormonal imbalances.

### Conclusion

While HGH could potentially aid in the recovery and regeneration of bisected hair follicles by promoting cellular growth and healing, its effectiveness in this specific scenario is still largely theoretical. Combined with other treatments like verteporfin, there might be a synergistic effect that could improve the chances of regrowth in both the donor and recipient areas, but more research would be needed to validate these approaches in the context of hair transplantation.