OFFICIAL Verteporfin Human Trial *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

39 minutes ago, takuma said:

@DrTBarghouthi Dr Bargouthi is there any update on the trial?

Additionally Are you able to do another small trial testing verteporfin moving a small amount  of follicles from the donor area to the recipient area and then later moving them to the another part of the recipient area and injecting verteporfin in the previous  part of the recipient area to see if the hair grows back  without the follicle or a follicle bisection trial in which a small amount of donor area follicles are bisected and not punched out completely and then verteporfin injected into the bisected area.

Thank you Doctor for your outstanding contribution to this community and to verteporfin 

In this case it might make sense to inject verteporfin into both areas

• Like 1

• Administrators

Sorry guys, I’ve been extremely busy. I have received an abundance of dms. This is still the thread. But no major announcements yet. Hopefully @DrTBarghouthi gives us an update soon. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Melvin- Admin changed the title to OFFICIAL Verteporfin Human Trial *OFFICIAL THREAD
1 hour ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Sorry guys, I’ve been extremely busy. I have received an abundance of dms. This is still the thread. But no major announcements yet. Hopefully @DrTBarghouthi gives us an update soon. 

Hey Melvin,

I sent you a DM as well. No worries if you couldn't get to it.

The thing is that I would like to donate towards a study that would test the repeatability of vp application. I tried reaching out to some docs, but with no success. The study doesn't necessarily have to be very big, and thereby, expensive, but I think still very valuable. 

Are there docs that would do that if we paid them extra to do it? Or is it not about the money but more about potential legal problems that most are hesitant to start a vp-trial?

Thanks in advance. 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Square1 said:

Are there docs that would do that if we paid them extra to do it? Or is it not about the money but more about potential legal problems that most are hesitant to start a vp-trial?

My guess is a big part of  the problem is that many of the Drs that you’d want to be involved with testing verteporfin are already backlogged by a year or more with hair transplant patients and just don’t have the time for it. 

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

7 hours ago, Al - Moderator said:

My guess is a big part of  the problem is that many of the Drs that you’d want to be involved with testing verteporfin are already backlogged by a year or more with hair transplant patients and just don’t have the time for it. 

Perhaps the younger / less established up and comers should also be targeted. They have something to gain by making a name for themselves. I think they will still get their name out there even if they clearly show that verteporfin doesn't work (hope not :)).

1 hour ago, tripleg said:

Perhaps the younger / less established up and comers should also be targeted. They have something to gain by making a name for themselves. I think they will still get their name out there even if they clearly show that verteporfin doesn't work (hope not :)).

Yeah in my experience often if you're working on a tight budget the certain groups tend to be most interested, the intellectually curious those who just geniunly love what they do (Like Bargouthi and the other docs Melvin reached out to), young up and comers, and guys in the later stages of their careers. Also talented guys who for whatever reason never made it big. 

After you get a few, even more established people are more willing to help, when you have at least a very small team already.

Now in our case both reaching out to the type of docs we already have and young up and comers I think would be a winning combination. 

Edited by TV_on_LazerDisk
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

Apologies for the delay. Our trial patient is a site engineer and works quite frequently in distant locations. Nonetheless I finally managed to see him for a follow up. I will process the images and update you very soon over the weekend. 🙏🏻

• Like 2

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram