Hairline after hair transplant looks very uneven/wonky

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, Justlikeheaven said:

I am wondering why it was done like this to begin with

You said yourself that the planning lasted a few minutes. This is the key issue, as well as what I believe is a lack of understanding about the aesthetics (Eugenix hairlines are often quite broad and dominant, which looks pretty good on Indian patients but it’s not quite what Caucasian hairlines tend to look like). 

They've obviously tried to build in some irregularities and asymmetry to your hairline but because the hairline itself is quite broad and wide, those irregularities and asymmetry appear over exaggerated and a little clunky. 

It won’t look bad when it grows out and to 99% of people will probably look pretty good (as in my own case), so as before I’d not worry too much (there’s nothing you can do right now anyway!). You have the benefit of now getting to see how things pan out and to consider your options very carefully in the meantime. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Justlikeheaven said:

Appreciate the honesty, and I agree it looked off from the moment it was drawn on and then after the HT. Do you think you could articulate or elaborate why in particular you think it looks odd? Even if it does look more normal, I am wondering why it was done like this to begin with and why it wasn't picked up on. I even mentioned it to the doctor the day after who looked at it and said it was all fine. I think I kinda trusted that everyone's looks a bit weird to begin with but I can see it's not the case as a lot of people are telling me it's odd. 

To be honest I'm a bit put off about going back, but I'm not sure if other doctors are willing to carry on someone else's work, I don't have the funds for a top surgeon but I may as well just go to a Turkey mill to do the crown and the result may not end up too different. 

I know for sure Dr Vinita did the design and I'm fairly sure she did the slits too. The techs do all the other stuff. 

I agree with @Berba11 explanation and I fully support his statement on Eugenix's planning process.

Choosing Turkey Mills has a high chance of you getting botched.  Don't rush for your second HT, be patient, better save some money and choose a surgeon who is completely involved in your HT.

You can check Dr. Kongkiat Laorwong his rates are reasonable and he produces outstanding result on consistent basis.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Berba11 said:

You said yourself that the planning lasted a few minutes. This is the key issue, as well as what I believe is a lack of understanding about the aesthetics (Eugenix hairlines are often quite broad and dominant, which looks pretty good on Indian patients but it’s not quite what Caucasian hairlines tend to look like). 

They've obviously tried to build in some irregularities and asymmetry to your hairline but because the hairline itself is quite broad and wide, those irregularities and asymmetry appear over exaggerated and a little clunky. 

It won’t look bad when it grows out and to 99% of people will probably look pretty good (as in my own case), so as before I’d not worry too much (there’s nothing you can do right now anyway!). You have the benefit of now getting to see how things pan out and to consider your options very carefully in the meantime. 

Yeah I'll just have to sit tight for now and see how it looks in 6 months I guess

17 minutes ago, Rawkerboi said:

I agree with @Berba11 explanation and I fully support his statement on Eugenix's planning process.

Choosing Turkey Mills has a high chance of you getting botched.  Don't rush for your second HT, be patient, better save some money and choose a surgeon who is completely involved in your HT.

You can check Dr. Kongkiat Laorwong his rates are reasonable and he produces outstanding result on consistent basis.

I'll check him out again, I've heard of him already. I read a few accounts from patients of his that said there's a mixture of him doing the work plus techs, maybe that's why he's a bit cheaper. Initially most places in Turkey, especially reputable surgeons like Bicer, FUECapillar etc said they couldn't do it which is one of the reasons I chose Eugenix. Either that or the prices were way too high for me. Eugenix was way less, but still highly regarded here and other places, but that's cause I wasnt paying for Sethi or Dr Bansal I guess. The growth itself does look good so far, and the service they provided was very accommodating. I figure not much can go wrong with the crown compared to the hairline?  Anyway hopefully it'll look better in 6 months and I'll have to go from there. 

The worked a miracle on your head. Least you could do is wait the expected time for the result. No one is staring out your head, relax and move on with your life 

Edited by Kiz
  • Face Palm 1

1 hour ago, Kiz said:

The worked a miracle on your head. Least you could do is wait the expected time for the result. No one is staring out your head, relax and move on with your life 

Oddly aggressive post to make, especially for someone with no history of posting. We won't know how good it is until 8-12 months. Also mentioned the growth seems to be very good and they were very accommodating as a company , just the design and angle has left me uneasy. Is this not a discussion forum? It seems a lot of people agree with my sentiment and think it's justified, so again not sure where the aggression is from. Never suggested anyone is "staring at my head either", strange comment. Anyway as I have said several times, I shall wait and see how it looks in 6-12 months. 

• Like 3