Pitella vs. Sever Muresanu

Hi all, 

Deeply appreciative to this community for all of their input. I am 40 years old  NW6 on minoxidil and topical dutesteride. I have mulling FUE for a few years now. I have narrowed it down to two surgeons and wanted some direction.  

Sever can get me in January 2025 and will meet with me before in my home town when he is travelling.. Pitella surgery date if for august 2026 with the possibility of moving up sooner if cancellations. Seems like there is more hype and reputation around  Pitella, but both of their work looks really great. I get nervous that Pitella wants to try for 10,000 grafts based on virtual consult and do not like that I would have to wait longer,  but I also want the best chance for the best  results.  

image.png.8f2e665801d3217665d3d42aac2d699b.png

image.png.148fcf70d922e2a58b51ab4df16f57b1.png

image.png

• Valued Contributor

Just to avoid confusion, it’s Dr Laura Muresanu that does the FUE at Hattingen (or Carmen for extractions if you request her to do it), and not Dr Sever (he does the FUT). Laura is brilliant, but just thought I’d mention that as I think a lot of people tend to think only of Dr Sever when they think of Hattingen. 

• Like 2

I cannot say for Pitella's megasessions, however for large sessions (4-5k grafts) both FUE and FUT I wouldn't hesitate to go with Sever / Laura Muresanu. Excellent track record, ethical and honest

This also alleviates a lot of risk for you, doing it in 2 sessions and being able to course correct as needed between the two rounds

• Like 1

Two successful repairs (pluggy hairline removal + donor restoration) with Dr Ball - The Maitland Clinic

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/72766-pluggy-hairline-removal-donor-restocking-2-repairs-with-dr-ball-maitland-clinic/

Hi Gary, listen, I truly think either choice of these doctors will potentially give you a nice result and either one has the track record to prove it…my guess is you will choose the one who will commit to the earliest date.

Gill

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY