Dr. Ratchathorn Panchaprateep v Kongkiat Laorwong

Hi Everyone, 

Have narrowed down my selection to both of these amazing doctors. 

However, cannot split them and not sure who to book the surgery with. 

Any recommendations and personal experience with either of these doctors? Happy with the results? Donor scarring visible? Either with proven better results?

Any advice will be apprecitated 

Ratchathorn is queen of diffuse thinning. Ratchathorn irregular hairlines is similar to De Freitas without the stinkin rows. Laorwong hairlines has less macro irregularities. Laorwong has better user reviews, history, experience and almost never misses, but you will also be waiting longer.

You can't really go wrong with either. The answer depends on what you are trying to do and if you can wait longer. FYI I'm booked with Ratchathorn.

And you need to book them quick.   If you go for +2000 grafts they don't have any availiability until April/May.

PS: Does anybody know if the complementary procedures on offer are worth the price?

Rigenera Activa cell therapy together with surgery 

50% discount from 75,000 THB to 37,500 THB (approximately 1040 USD)

https://absolutehairclinic.com/en/autologous-micrografting-technology-rigenera-activa-with-hair-transplant/

Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) (improved survival rate, speed up wound healing and less post op hair shedding)

-The protocol is 100% Oxygen at 1.5 atmosphere, it takes 1 hour.

-1 treatment/day= 4000 Baht 

-3 consecutive treatments = 10,000 Baht (approximately $300 USD)

https://absolutehairclinic.com/en/hbot-hyperbaric-oxygen-therapy-2/

22 minutes ago, Falling said:

Rigenera Activa cell therapy together with surgery 

50% discount from 75,000 THB to 37,500 THB (approximately 1040 USD)

https://absolutehairclinic.com/en/autologous-micrografting-technology-rigenera-activa-with-hair-transplant/

Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) (improved survival rate, speed up wound healing and less post op hair shedding)

-The protocol is 100% Oxygen at 1.5 atmosphere, it takes 1 hour.

-1 treatment/day= 4000 Baht 

-3 consecutive treatments = 10,000 Baht (approximately $300 USD)

https://absolutehairclinic.com/en/hbot-hyperbaric-oxygen-therapy-2/

STEM cell don't think is worth it. HBOT worth it IMO. Thiago Bianco Leal does it and he's the best at getting dense packed grafts to survive.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I think they’re both amazing. Have you consulted with both?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

being from Australia and knowing there busy schedule, i have yet to consult with either doctor its solely been via email. 

There is an additional 2 month wait for Dr Laorwong, just wondering if i make the wait or proceed with dr Ratchathorn 

I did mine with Dr Ratchathorn. My experience with her has been very pleasant. Like what other said, they are working closely in the clinic (they are only partners). Both are good, and they sort of helping each other out. During my surgery, Dr Laorwang came in to check out things as well (briefly).

Laorwang has more cross region clientele, and get more publicity in this forum. Dr Ratchathorn has more asian or local clientele. But, I think my review has some positive impact on Dr Ratchathorn's schedule. Her schedule is pretty full until end of year. Check out my review if you are keen to know more

Disclaimer: I have no interest in promoting any doctor. My review has been neutral and purely from a patient's experience perspective. 

thank you for your reply, can i ask how your experience was with Dr Bonus? I read that you were dizzy quite often, how long did that take to wear off and how did you deal with it? Also whilst you were having the procedure, were you watching TV or listening to music, or was it quite?

I did my tranplant with her on the 21st of June and she was excellent, also from sydney australia. I was intially booked in with her to do it in Sep 24 but she had a cancellation and managed to squeeze me in for June - i contacted her in late april and she was booked out till August 24 already

Intially my hairline design was higher but my wife said it would look better lower, dr took her advise and dropped it a little as a compromise.

She is also very hands on and checked on me everyday while i was there. I was there for 6 days and despite them only doing washes for the first 5 days, she told her nurses to do a wash on the 6th day and laser light for me at no extra cost. One thing to note however is my recipient area is still numb at places and sensitive to touch almost 3 months after the procedure, i've read that sometimes it can take up to 12 months to regain full sensation.

Now its a waiting game for me and hopefully i have excellent results like romeo.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2024 at 12:45 PM, 4chanhrn said:

Ratchathorn is queen of diffuse thinning. Ratchathorn irregular hairlines is similar to De Freitas without the stinkin rows. Laorwong hairlines has less macro irregularities. Laorwong has better user reviews, history, experience and almost never misses, but you will also be waiting longer.

You can't really go wrong with either. The answer depends on what you are trying to do and if you can wait longer. FYI I'm booked with Ratchathorn.

Does  Ratchathorn or Laorwong  perform BHT if needed? 

42 minutes ago, 4chanhrn said:

Yes

In your opinion are the laser, light, and PRP therapies offered at their clinic worth considering? Have you tried any of these therapies yourself and did you find them beneficial?

56 minutes ago, jetski said:
In your opinion are the laser, light, and PRP therapies offered at their clinic worth considering? Have you tried any of these therapies yourself and did you find them beneficial?

Yes, since it's free. I personally use LLLT, marginal benefits and that's with a good high mW device

1 hour ago, 4chanhrn said:

Yes, since it's free. I personally use LLLT, marginal benefits and that's with a good high mW device

Thanks for sharing your feedback as it’s really helpful. I was considering doing PRP and light therapy for a year in 2025 before getting a hair transplant in 2026. However, since you mentioned the benefits are minimal I’m now thinking about skipping those treatments and going straight for a transplant instead. One more question if you don't mind sharing your opinion but are  Ratchathorn or Laorwong skilled at recreating a bald temple area or is this critical zone which can 'make or break' a hair transplant  better left to someone more experienced in Europe?

3 minutes ago, jetski said:

Thanks for sharing your feedback as it’s really helpful. I was considering doing PRP and light therapy for a year in 2025 before getting a hair transplant in 2026. However, since you mentioned the benefits are minimal I’m now thinking about skipping those treatments and going straight for a transplant instead. One more question if you don't mind sharing your opinion but are  Ratchathorn or Laorwong skilled at recreating a bald temple area or is this critical zone which can 'make or break' a hair transplant  better left to someone more experienced in Europe?

Yes, I would skip them. I think they are actually good for growth from a transplant, but not sure there is a lot of evidence they help otherwise.

For temple work see for yourself:

Laorwong's temple work:

IMO Ratchathorn is much better at temple points.  Very few doctors can do temple work well. Both of them are very good and better than even well known doctors. Eg. see this work from renowned doctor that charges multiple times:

I would not hesitate to do temple work with either of them, but I would say Ratchathorn is better at them if I were to nitpick.