Should I get a scalp biopsy before starting the hair transplant process?

At the moment, I take 1 mg finasteride daily and use minoxidil foam 1-2 times daily but my treatment has been all over the place since I started a few years ago (it has changed many times).

One thing that worries me is the potential presence of scar tissue on my hairline. In the beginning, I was immediately doing well and it looked like I would have a great recovery. I decided to microneedle to squeeze out the extra benefit.  

I only did it a few times at the lowest possible depth with a Derminator but my hairline almost immediately worsened and never recovered, only worsening as time went on.

I'm worried it's because I damaged by scalp meaning a transplant might at least partially fail and leave me with no hope of recovery.

What should I do? I'm going to continue treatment for a while longer to make sure I stabilize before scheduling a transplant, but how should I approach my suspicions?

Some clinics recommend derma rolling as a preparatory step to the transplantation. I also thoroughly microneedled my front with a dermapen hoping to get regrowth that way prior to my hair transplant and it doesn't seem to be an issue.

Edited by Matthias
Added a sentence