Allroots - Dr Alok Sahoo - Delhi

I am planning for hair transplant in Delhi, India. Based on my research Eugenix is the preferred clinic. It's very expensive for me and I don't want to take lowest package. 

I found doctor Dr Alok he is ex Eugenix. My problem is can't find enough review and information about him. Has anyone done HT with him and can please share your experience. He is also mentioned in the recommended list in this forum.

Waiting for the same. I consulted with him and he looked very promising. Very involved in surgery so could be better option than Eugenix. Just didn't like the planning as much and he didn't do FUT so didn't go with him. I think there was one review posted on this forum but was deleted for whatever reason.

• Thanks 1

The results on his website and Instagram look's very promising. I have also heard he is completely involved in surgery which is a big positive.

His rates are also reasonable, almost half of what Eugenix quotes now a days. If you are planning to do surgery with him, why not have an in person consultation with him in Delhi? 

• Thanks 1

A quick Google search and I found a review that was initially posted here. Not gonna speculate on the reasons for removal. 

There is also a video review of a hair transplant carried out by Dr Alok on Eugenix's own YouTube channel from 5 years ago. There's also some on the Alloroots YouTube channel. 

What are his rates? And just out of interest, why are you not interested in the lowest package from Eugenix? 

Edited by Justlikeheaven
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Justlikeheaven said:

A quick Google search and I found a review that was initially posted here. Not gonna speculate on the reasons for removal. 

There is also a video review of a hair transplant carried out by Dr Alok on Eugenix's own YouTube channel from 5 years ago. There's also some on the Alloroots YouTube channel. 

What are his rates? And just out of interest, why are you not interested in the lowest package from Eugenix? 

Eugenix's cheapest package is for a doctor who has a low level of experience (1-2 years) and costs INR 100 + 18% tax, meanwhile Dr. Alok's procedure costs less than Eugenix's cheapest option and he fully participates in it, unlike Eugenix.

2 minutes ago, Rawkerboi said:

Eugenix's cheapest package is for a doctor who has a low level of experience (1-2 years) and costs INR 100 + 18% tax, meanwhile Dr. Alok's procedure costs less than Eugenix's cheapest option and he fully participates in it, unlike Eugenix.

I know, I went with Eugenix's lowest package for my last HT, but I was just wondering about OP's reasoning. I paid 75 INR per graft though not 100 unless the price has gone up again? Dr Alok charges 60 INR per graft but according to his rep he just does the design, slits and extractions while senior techs do the implants so I don't really think it's too dissimilar to Eugenix. But perhaps Dr Alok has more experience than say, Dr Vinita with the lowest package, I don't know. 

5 minutes ago, Justlikeheaven said:

I know, I went with Eugenix's lowest package for my last HT, but I was just wondering about OP's reasoning. I paid 75 INR per graft though not 100 unless the price has gone up again? Dr Alok charges 60 INR per graft but according to his rep he just does the design, slits and extractions while senior techs do the implants so I don't really think it's too dissimilar to Eugenix. But perhaps Dr Alok has more experience than say, Dr Vinita with the lowest package, I don't know. 

INR 75 has been bumped up to INR 100 for Eugenix's base plan, along with an 18% tax.  

3 minutes ago, Rawkerboi said:

INR 75 has been bumped up to INR 100 for Eugenix's base plan, along with an 18% tax.  

Oh really? I guess this must be a new thing since I did mine late June. Good to know then, I wonder if they'll honour the old price for previous customers. Dr Alok seems like he (?) may be a good option, I wonder why he left Eugenix and joined a different company.

• Like 1

Based on my phone consultation with Eugenix, they estimated that I may need 2,700 to 3,000 grafts based on my pictures. Their base price is ₹100 per graft plus 18% tax. Dr. Alok, on the other hand, suggested I may need 3,200 to 3,500 grafts and charges around ₹60 per graft. This means that Eugenix could end up being nearly twice as expensive as Dr. Alok.

However, cost is one concern, but the involvement of an experienced doctor throughout the process. With Dr. Alok, he handles the design, slitting, and extraction himself, while a technician does the implantation. At Eugenix, the varying price based on the doctor's experience makes me uncomfortable.

I'm new to this and would appreciate any guidance from this group.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Inyorocks said:

Based on my phone consultation with Eugenix, they estimated that I may need 2,700 to 3,000 grafts based on my pictures. Their base price is ₹100 per graft plus 18% tax. Dr. Alok, on the other hand, suggested I may need 3,200 to 3,500 grafts and charges around ₹60 per graft. This means that Eugenix could end up being nearly twice as expensive as Dr. Alok.

However, cost is one concern, but the involvement of an experienced doctor throughout the process. With Dr. Alok, he handles the design, slitting, and extraction himself, while a technician does the implantation. At Eugenix, the varying price based on the doctor's experience makes me uncomfortable.

I had my last HT done at Eugenix with the lowest tier package, you're welcome to DM me about it if you wish

11 minutes ago, Inyorocks said:

Its no brainier, proceed with Dr. Alok if you willing to do HT in India. He is more involved in the procedure plus his cost is quite reasonable

If you planning to do HT out of your country then there are lot of other doctors.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rawkerboi said:

Its no brainier, proceed with Dr. Alok if you willing to do HT in India. He is more involved in the procedure plus his cost is quite reasonable

If you planning to do HT out of your country then there are lot of other doctors.

Any others around the same price point you'd recommend?

29 minutes ago, Rawkerboi said:

Thank you!! I am also leaning toward Dr Alok. I will check his availability and have another consultation with him!! Is there anything else I should be asking the doctor before I book him ?

1 hour ago, Inyorocks said:

Thank you!! I am also leaning toward Dr Alok. I will check his availability and have another consultation with him!! Is there anything else I should be asking the doctor before I book him ?

If you stay near his clinic, please have in person consultation. 

Do ask these questions 

What exactly he does during the procedure. (Designing, Slits and extractions are very crucial, if he does implantation it's a bonus). 

Does he use Technician to assist? If yes, do ask their experience. 

Size of the punch, 0.9mm or smaller leaves a micro-scar that cannot be detectable by the eye. This is particularly important if you keep your hair tightly shaven in the back area.

How many procedures will you need to achieve fullness? Does he recommend a medical regimen to help you retain the native hair?

What risks are there - if any?

Can he explain post op? When can you go back to normal?

Lots more you can ask but this is fairly comprehensive.

Edited by Rawkerboi
  • Thanks 2

• Valued Contributor
5 hours ago, Justlikeheaven said:

Despite Reddit's best attempts to concoct some sort of shady conspiracy about this, what actually happened was that @A_4_Archan posted that result thread on behalf of his cousin who had been to Dr Alok (Archan provided an insane amount of evidence to prove this privately!). So although the thread was permitted originally, it was later decided that allowing people to post results on others' behalf was a can of worms that was open to abuse or misinterpretation and the thread was removed. It was literally as simple as that.

• Thanks 1

On 9/16/2024 at 11:27 PM, Rawkerboi said:

If you stay near his clinic, please have in person consultation. 

Do ask these questions 

What exactly he does during the procedure. (Designing, Slits and extractions are very crucial, if he does implantation it's a bonus). 

Does he use Technician to assist? If yes, do ask their experience. 

Size of the punch, 0.9mm or smaller leaves a micro-scar that cannot be detectable by the eye. This is particularly important if you keep your hair tightly shaven in the back area.

How many procedures will you need to achieve fullness? Does he recommend a medical regimen to help you retain the native hair?

What risks are there - if any?

Can he explain post op? When can you go back to normal?

Lots more you can ask but this is fairly comprehensive.

This is really helpful. I am gng to talk doctor this week!!