Recs for HT2: Hairline softening/revisioning, and temples...looking for an artiste!

Hey all,

I'm looking into getting a second HT to soften and lower my hairline a bit, maybe adding a widows peak, and do some temple work (and maybe temple points?) though I know this is very challenging. My first HT results are below, it's since thickened a bit by still feels too high and too straight to me. I only used 2000 graphs for that, and thinking this would only require (hopefully) 1200-1500. 

I've been thinking about:

Feriduni

Nader

Dr Path

Dr Patty

Dr.Ratchathorn Panchaprateep

Dr Pinto

De Freitas

Bogota Hairlines

Open to other suggestions too. Not super concerned financially but don't want to go to a $10 a graph guy in NYC where I live. Mostly just want to see if I can get it done at the beginning of 2025, though I know that's a long shot now for any good doctor. 

My first transplant

• Valued Contributor

From that list it would have to be Dr Feriduni and I don't even think it's a contest... But his wait for surgery is about a year or so.

I've looked at your other thread and the work generally speaking looks good. My observations would be:

• Hairline position, shape and height looks spot on - very natural, and will continue to look good over the course of your life. I wouldn't lower it per se.
  • The hairline has lots of singles where we'd expect them, however you look like you have coarse hair meaning the singles are quite thick
  • Lack of irregularities; Dr Loarwong is an excellent surgeon but his hairlines tend be to quite linear and you'd benefit from some extra feathering of the hairline to break things up a bit as the linearity in combination with having what looks like thicker single graft hairs is tempering the naturalness
  • Use of single graft hairs from the nape and behind the ears where the singles will be a little softer so give the hairline some nice finishing touches

I think a light sprinkling of finer single graft hairs placed irregularly along the hairline would bring this result home (a subtle center point/widows peak could indeed be very nice).

The hairline was not natural (having more hair does not equal having a natural result), and I'm glad you recognise it and want it addressed. The main issue I see with the doctors mentioned is that some of them (actually the vast majority) do not get natural hairlines on a regular basis. From that list only Feriduni or Pinto can be capable of improving your current result. 

Edited by baddecisions

2 hours ago, Berba11 said:

From that list it would have to be Dr Feriduni and I don't even think it's a contest... But his wait for surgery is about a year or so.

I've looked at your other thread and the work generally speaking looks good. My observations would be:

• Hairline position, shape and height looks spot on - very natural, and will continue to look good over the course of your life. I wouldn't lower it per se.
  • The hairline has lots of singles where we'd expect them, however you look like you have coarse hair meaning the singles are quite thick
  • Lack of irregularities; Dr Loarwong is an excellent surgeon but his hairlines tend be to quite linear and you'd benefit from some extra feathering of the hairline to break things up a bit as the linearity in combination with having what looks like thicker single graft hairs is tempering the naturalness
  • Use of single graft hairs from the nape and behind the ears where the singles will be a little softer so give the hairline some nice finishing touches

I think a light sprinkling of finer single graft hairs placed irregularly along the hairline would bring this result home (a subtle center point/widows peak could indeed be very nice).

Really appreciate you taking the time to type this out and being so detailed. Will definitely keep this advice in mind

On 9/17/2024 at 5:44 AM, Berba11 said:

Maybe its just me but it looks very artificial having a hairline so high while at the same time being so flat. Kinda looks like a lid on his head

• Valued Contributor
31 minutes ago, primo said:

Maybe its just me but it looks very artificial having a hairline so high while at the same time being so flat. Kinda looks like a lid on his head

It's the lack of irregularities and the need for softer single hairs that is the issue. The height of the hairline and general shape is fine but needs a more feathered look.

1 hour ago, Berba11 said:

It's the lack of irregularities and the need for softer single hairs that is the issue. The height of the hairline and general shape is fine but needs a more feathered look.

Nah, I get what he's saying. It's improved a little but it does look quite funny. I think another issue is that the hair does not lay down. It sort of only sticks up, so it's actually impossible for me to really comb it down and I have to comb it up, which just looks kind of weird. It's almost like an optical illusion. People don't seem to notice it too much, but it's certainly something I notice.