SEEKING ADVICE-Very concerned about transplanted hair shedding at 7 months!!!

I had my transplant in the hairline of 1950 grafts with a renowned dr to fix my receding hairline (I am 40 y and take dutasteride daily for a few years after moving from fin and the rest of my hair it's been stable and looks about the the same as when I was 20)

I went through a mild ugly ducking phase as a lot of hairs didn't shed, and the hair in the corners started to look very good at around 4 months but then I had strong shedding and went back close  to baseline...

Things grew back and now I am at 7.5 months and a few days ago I was ecstatic with my hair as it had already recovered and I couldn't be happier and in a matter of a week my transplanted hairline has been destroyed, with massive shedding of only transplanted hair, worse than the previous shedding and I am extremely concerned (my lifestyle is healthy and blood tests are good)

Is it very unusual to shed transplanted hair twice? 

What can this be, can it be related to hair cycles?

Could this be a failure?

Has anyone gone or observed this?

Any input would be greatly appreciated

51 minutes ago, robroy said:

I had my transplant in the hairline of 1950 grafts with a renowned dr to fix my receding hairline (I am 40 y and take dutasteride daily for a few years after moving from fin and the rest of my hair it's been stable and looks about the the same as when I was 20)

I went through a mild ugly ducking phase as a lot of hairs didn't shed, and the hair in the corners started to look very good at around 4 months but then I had strong shedding and went back close  to baseline...

Things grew back and now I am at 7.5 months and a few days ago I was ecstatic with my hair as it had already recovered and I couldn't be happier and in a matter of a week my transplanted hairline has been destroyed, with massive shedding of only transplanted hair, worse than the previous shedding and I am extremely concerned (my lifestyle is healthy and blood tests are good)

Is it very unusual to shed transplanted hair twice? 

What can this be, can it be related to hair cycles?

Could this be a failure?

Has anyone gone or observed this?

Any input would be greatly appreciated

would be better if you uploaded some pics so people can offer advice

• Like 1

It makes a lot of sense but i dont feel comfortable putting pics at this time, i hope for the best advice an opinion with the information I’ve given 

thanks for understanding