Why is there a difference in growth?

Hi there, 

I'm just over 5 months out from a second transplant to my mid scalp and crown. 

I know the crown often takes longer to come through, but I'm wondering why the hair that is growing there seems to be growing at a slower rate than the native hair and the transplanted hair at the front (which is from the first transplant)?

As you can see there's a fair bit of hair there, although some of it is lighter, and some of it is beard. 

Is this to do with blood flow? Or hair growth cycles? I guess the hair is just still in the stage of growing more slowly at this point?

Also, I'm planning to probably have SMP to disguise the patch at the back (photo attached). If anyone can advise on that it would be great too. How long should I wait? It's not in the recipient or donor area, it was untouched. But perhaps I should wait longer and see if the crown more generally would benefit from some further SMP? (I did have light SMP there a few years back,)

PXL_20240923_085302179.jpg

PXL_20240923_090527452.jpg

Screenshot_20240923-103147~2.png

• Valued Contributor

I’m seven months post op from a procedure for my crown and the growth is also slow compared to the previous two surgeries. The crown is renowned for taking longer than 12 months to fully mature. If you are going to have SMP in the crown then don’t have this performed before twelve months after your surgery. The scars are still healing and maturing and you risk the ink migrating. All the best. 

26 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

I’m seven months post op from a procedure for my crown and the growth is also slow compared to the previous two surgeries. The crown is renowned for taking longer than 12 months to fully mature. If you are going to have SMP in the crown then don’t have this performed before twelve months after your surgery. The scars are still healing and maturing and you risk the ink migrating. All the best. 

Thanks. Is the growth slow even in the hairs that have 'sprouted'?