Dr Resul Yaman | 3560 Grafts | Disappointing so far ( 6 months)

I visited Dr Resul Yaman at the end of March 2024. It has now been six months since my surgery which I believe is generally a good barometer to assess the outcome of the procedure. 
I am aware that it is not the final result and that I should still expect some improvements. However looking at the photos it is unfortunately not looking great for six months. I am posting this because I found out about Dr Resul Yaman on this forum as he is on the recommended surgeons list. I was considering other clinics too but went with Dr Yaman mostly because of price, and felt he was a safe choice considering he was on this forums recommended list. There is also a prominent hair transplant tiktoker who went to Dr Yaman for his first surgery, and to be honest all these factors swayed me to go ahead with him. 

Hairloss: Norwood 3 Diffuse thinning
Medication Before: None prior to surgery. 
Medication After: Daily Topical Finasteride / Minoxidil from 6 weeks after surgery. Ketoconazole 2% Shampoo twice weekly from 12 weeks after surgery. Saw Palmetto pills twice daily. 

3560 grafts
640 singles
1750 doubles
1170 multiples

3250 USD paid 

I was initially quoted between 2000-2500 grafts by Dr Yaman on Whatsapp which was in line with what other clinics quoted me. However when I arrived for the consultation on surgery day, Dr Yaman felt it was best to extract 3500 grafts. I won't go into depth of my experience of the procedure because it was not pleasant and I actually wrote a detailed report of it on Reddit already. 

Pre Op

2.thumb.jpg.1ccab14de873cf547748d3403fba4943.jpg

5.jpg.a3bda0d8fcac2c94866d310453a94b86.jpg

9.thumb.jpg.634bc90eec095212f02fba31fbb7dc8a.jpg

7.thumb.jpg.9cdec06cfab67e31d04fb42b4f4ae604.jpg

Immediately Post Op

1.thumb.jpg.94d1f36879c010f4fed96bc9d1195bc1.jpg3.thumb.jpg.4dbf875cbc04caac83571698afde24f1.jpg4.thumb.jpg.1a3ca87ef34a0980ef3efed154834229.jpg6.thumb.JPG.943ba84b46595e3d4b8108745f6bbd05.JPG

Six Months

IMG_6158.thumb.jpg.f1ea6b8d2377659f16764fbf9534160f.jpgIMG_6163.thumb.jpg.482f6d3f7a40ee15af6729b8d283fe00.jpgIMG_6157.thumb.jpg.284020b228119ec7a75d6e7e682e048b.jpg

Problems

1. As you can see there is considerable less density in the mid scalp compared to pre-op. The last photo was me combing my hair to reveal the thinness but I can normally disguise this by wearing my hair down like in the second to last photo. It seems that the new grafts there barely survived and the surgery caused shock loss to my native hairs in the recipient area. 

2. The hairline is better than before but not dense at all and shows signs of cobblestoning under harsh light. There are also some multis where there should only be singles. 

3. Donor area has by in large recovered but only if I keep my hair longer. My sides are noticeably thinner compared to pre-op. By looking at the extractions it may be more than 3560 but its hard to tell. Does this look like 3500 grafts?

All in all, its been a very disappointing experience so far. Despite the time and money spent, this has also taken a big toll on me psychologically. I will post monthly updates on this forum of my progress. I am also already in talks with other surgeons with regards to going for a repair surgery in 12 months. 

• Sad 1

6 months is too early my friend u still have another 6 months left so don't worry at this stage 

I'm exactly 7 months from my surgery with Dr yaman very happy so far 

20240918_113852.jpg

• Administrators

To be fair, you shouldn't pass judgement on a result at 6 months.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

31 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

To be fair, you shouldn't pass judgement on a result at 6 months.

I can only pass judgement on where I am now, and for six months I expected much better. I even wrote in bold that I am aware this is not the final result.

45 minutes ago, Nsar said:

6 months is too early my friend u still have another 6 months left so don't worry at this stage 

I'm exactly 7 months from my surgery with Dr yaman very happy so far 

I am glad that you are happy with your procedure with Yaman. I unfortunately have started to lose hope that my result will be good because I expected much more by this stage. 

Don't worry mate my news hairs only starting coming out from like month 4 onwards and I still have alot new stubble hairs yours will only get better so don't worry my friend 

Generally, you should not be worried, but I would be very worried if I was in this state with a doctor like Dr. Yaman. Let’s be honest, the doctor is hit and miss, and he does a lot of botches and gives bad results. I just pray that this goes well for you.

Are you on finasteride? As Melvin said, 6 months is "generally" considered early, but not always. I understand your worries about your midscalp. I would be worried about the hairline and the frontal third as well, as they seem to be quite thin. Give it a couple of months, and if your donor allows it, try consulting with another doctor for a repair, or a touch up.