shaking when injected with local anesthesia

Hi everyone,

so 10 years back I decided to get a hair transplant in the Uk.
Got too the day of the surgery, I shaved my hair off sat down ready for the anaesthetic injections, got one on top of the front of my head and started shaking, the way you do when your cold. They where concerned as this was unusual. 
They abandoned the surgery, until I got a full check over at the doctors. I did that and all was good. 
I booked for surgery again, they did a patch test with the anaesthetic on my arm the day before the surgery, which was ok 👍🏻 next day history repeated and the surgery was cancelled.

Has anyone had this happen to them?

Was this a cause for concern?

I’m asking as I am considering one again.

Looking forward to you imput

Thanks

Yes mate I had a sensation of being cold and shaking when I had my ht a few years ago … I had a Valium or whatever it was shortly after and it settled me right down… whether it’s nerves or whatever I don’t know, I just tried to chill and went through with it with no issues but yeah was shacking like a shi**ing dog

• Moderators

You could be allergic to the anesthesia, but you said they did a test the day before and you were fine, so it may not be that. Anesthesia does have a tendency to make you feel cold and shiver a bit, but you may also be getting very nervous and that could be making it worse. Did they give you a valium or something to calm you down first?

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.