Already low libido, is it ok to start Finasteride

Dinkydi

Hi All, 

If one already had a low libido should you start finasteride? Or look for other options?

Has anyone started it with a low libido and what was there experience

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, Dinkydi said:

Hi All, 

If one already had a low libido should you start finasteride? Or look for other options?

I’m not a doctor but if you don’t get any side effects then I don’t see how it will affect your libido regardless of its level. All the best. 

1 hour ago, Gatsby said:

I’m not a doctor but if you don’t get any side effects then I don’t see how it will affect your libido regardless of its level. All the best. 

thank you for your reply, what are your thoughts of using minoxidil only after a hair transplant?

how old are you? it is important to understand that male libido naturally goes down with age. 

Many guys start taking DHT blockers in their late 20's/early 30s, which is when natural lower libido often starts. 

So many guys blame meds for libido when it is simply nature. You aren't going to have a 21 yr old libido when you are 35, etc. 

6 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

how old are you? it is important to understand that male libido naturally goes down with age. 

Many guys start taking DHT blockers in their late 20's/early 30s, which is when natural lower libido often starts. 

So many guys blame meds for libido when it is simply nature. You aren't going to have a 21 yr old libido when you are 35, etc. 

im currently 37 years of age, and havent responded well to oral and topical fin, just wanted advice post hair transplant is it worth taking only oral min as a treatment...

or better not doing the transplant altogether, and just accept being bald

• Valued Contributor
21 hours ago, Dinkydi said:

thank you for your reply, what are your thoughts of using minoxidil only after a hair transplant?

Well I can't tolerate finasteride without getting sexual side effects. I only use oral minoxidil and fairly recently added Saw Palmetto.

20 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Well I can't tolerate finasteride without getting sexual side effects. I only use oral minoxidil and fairly recently added Saw Palmetto.

and has that been working well post transplant? Sorry for the questions, just deciding weather to proceed knowing i cant take fin or dus. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/1/2024 at 5:58 PM, Dinkydi said:

Hi All, 

Hey, I had low libido and ED even before fin/dut

I started trt in combination with dutasteride and I think it helps

Dut crushes the DHT produced by my trt