Looking for advice for a good doctor

Hey guys I’m hoping to get a transplant maybe sometime in next couple of months to a year but problem I’m having my head is going to explode trying to pick a doctor 🤣ive looked at the work from most of the “renowned surgeons” and with most of them their always something I’ve found I haven’t been happy with ,I came to the conclusion I was very impressed with couto but his waiting list was to long so then I decided with dr Bruno pinto in Portugal but he won’t do it as I’m under 25 I’m only 21 ,I understand it’s not always advised to get one at this age and to wait to get one till later in life but I’m aware of what can happen afterwards with further balding and willing to take care of my hair,hoping someone can suggest a few names ,preferably someone who focuses more on hairlines and temple points as my hairline isn’t that bad I have thick hair everywhere else also

ive looked into

bisanga,Mwamba,fereduni,mark tam,ted miln,hattingen hair,Espinoso custodia,rafeal de Freitas ,burgos, pretty much all of the biggest names but not really set on any of them

if someone can recommend some names who are willing to work on a younger patient ,with similar work to the likes of couto and pinto

someone who does straight enough hairlines and won’t place the hairline to high but make it natural 

• Administrators

You’re way too young for surgery. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

21 is too young and out of question to have a surgery, you can consider use Finasteride and Minoxidil for your hairloss.

Now it's a good time for only to do a research and wait more years.

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic.

For consultation, WhatsApp: +972526542654

Maildoronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

38 minutes ago, Aristos HDC H-T technician said:

Actually at this age is too early for hair transplant, although if you share some pictures of your situation it will be better for us to give the right feedback 

I understand I’m young and theirs risk of further balding but I don’t see the point of waiting till I’m older and being self conscious about in my twenties instead of just getting it sorted now and then using minoxidil etc ,here’s some pics of my hairline,receeding since I’m about 16-17 ,still fairly decent hairline but enough to be self conscious over IMG_4701.thumb.png.abcdbc2583e13bc7d0157087e0129b45.png

IMG_4699.png

IMG_4700.png

Any hair mill will gladly take your money even at 21 but it’s almost guaranteed to backfire.

You can for now maybe try to get the hair back with microneedling and minoxidil if it has recessed only recently.

Also look into Finasteride.

2 minutes ago, Matthias said:

Any hair mill will gladly take your money even at 21 but it’s almost guaranteed to backfire.

You can for now maybe try to get the hair back with microneedling and minoxidil if it has recessed only recently.

Also look into Finasteride.

I’ve looked into both ,it’s only gonna make my hair thicker which I already have extremely thick hair ,not bring back the hair that’s already fell out ,and my hair has been receeding at least 4 years,ive been researching transplants and different doctors like 1 1/2 years now I’ve talked to some of the doctors on the best forums who wore willing to do it but of course always advised the risk of further balding which I’m well aware of but in the end I wasn’t fully convinced with some of their work,I understand the advice of minoxidil and finasteride but don’t see that as a solution ,I wouldn’t go near a hair mill either im well aware of what clinics are hair mills ,only advice I’m looking for is hopefully someone to  recommend some other doctors I haven’t named even if I do have to wait a couple years 

but appreciate the advice 💯

1 minute ago, Rkc22 said:

I’ve talked to some of the doctors on the best forums who wore willing to do it but of course always advised the risk of further balding which I’m well aware of

You’re too young, that should be consensus among all serious and honest surgeons.
You would need to credibly cite severe psychological constraints that require you to have a transplant this young, such as getting bullied specifically for your hair or having a severe depression over it.

5 minutes ago, Matthias said:

You’re too young, that should be consensus among all serious and honest surgeons.
You would need to credibly cite severe psychological constraints that require you to have a transplant this young, such as getting bullied specifically for your hair or having a severe depression over it.

Thanks for your advice mate ,I definitely do feel very down over it like most men do when balding it does take a lot out of me ,I do understand where your coming from 

11 minutes ago, Rkc22 said:

I definitely do feel very down over it like most men do when balding it does take a lot out of me ,I do understand where your coming from 

You need to write it down ideally together with your GP so that the surgeon can be sure not to bear any long-term risk if the strategy backfires. How many grafts are you looking for as your initial post reads as if you're looking to lower the hairline entirely and straight across (that’s very risky, graft-intensive and may look odd in just a few years)? In any case, you should definitely get back on Finasteride and stick to it several months before the procedure.

• Valued Contributor
17 minutes ago, Rkc22 said:

Thanks for your advice mate ,I definitely do feel very down over it like most men do when balding it does take a lot out of me ,I do understand where your coming from 

You need to understand that the ENTIRE aesthetic benefit of having a hairline, and therefore seeking to restore a hairline, is that it frames the face. But in order to have a framed face, you don't need a low, broad or strong hairline. You only need enough hair. 

You have MORE THAN ENOUGH hair to frame your face. It doesn't matter if there's some recession. Recession is fine: mature, masculine, natural. As long as there's enough hair then you don't need a HT as it will give diminished returns on the aesthetic. You'd be much, much better off trying the classic finasteride + oral minoxidil combo to maintain and possibility even improve your current status for as long as possible. At 21 your hair loss will likely be in its most aggressive phase and you don't want to be chasing it down with more transplants any time soon if the loss continues in spite of any medical intervention.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Matthias said:

You need to write it down ideally together with your GP so that the surgeon can be sure not to bear any long-term risk if the strategy backfires. How many grafts are you looking for as your initial post reads as if you're looking to lower the hairline entirely and straight across (that’s very risky, graft-intensive and may look odd in just a few years)? In any case, you should definitely get back on Finasteride and stick to it several months before the procedure.

I’m not even looking to lower the hairline if that’s how it came across ,I just want to hopefully restore it and fill in the gafs and temple points ,I’m not sure exactly what grafts but I wanna stay conservative 

21 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

You need to understand that the ENTIRE aesthetic benefit of having a hairline, and therefore seeking to restore a hairline, is that it frames the face. But in order to have a framed face, you don't need a low, broad or strong hairline. You only need enough hair. 

You have MORE THAN ENOUGH hair to frame your face. It doesn't matter if there's some recession. Recession is fine: mature, masculine, natural. As long as there's enough hair then you don't need a HT as it will give diminished returns on the aesthetic. You'd be much, much better off trying the classic finasteride + oral minoxidil combo to maintain and possibility even improve your current status for as long as possible. At 21 your hair loss will likely be in its most aggressive phase and you don't want to be chasing it down with more transplants any time soon if the loss continues in spite of any medical intervention.

It might seem that I have enough hair but I have a long face and bigger forehead I’ve tried growing my hair out and the parts where it’s receded don’t grow properly of course ,so when I try grow it into a fringe of some sort it just gets to thick and looks stupid doesn’t grow down properly , can’t get many hair styles that hide the hairline and the ones that do look stupid the hair never frames my face properly because of the recession makes my already big forehead look bigger

Just now, Rkc22 said:

I’m not even looking to lower the hairline if that’s how it came across ,I just want to hopefully restore it and fill in the gafs and temple points ,I’m not sure exactly what grafts but I wanna stay conservative 

I understand where you come from because I experienced severe temple recession very early as well while my forelock largerly stayed in place. 
You would need around 2000 grafts for your plan I'd estimate, hairline staying at the current height. Definitely get back on Finasteride and talk this through with all potential surgeons. Involve your dad or older brother. Prioritize the most conservative suggestions and be aware that hairline and specifically temple restoration are among the most challenging parts in hair restoration surgery.

• Valued Contributor
4 hours ago, Rkc22 said:

It might seem that I have enough hair but I have a long face and bigger forehead I’ve tried growing my hair out and the parts where it’s receded don’t grow properly of course ,so when I try grow it into a fringe of some sort it just gets to thick and looks stupid doesn’t grow down properly , can’t get many hair styles that hide the hairline and the ones that do look stupid the hair never frames my face properly because of the recession makes my already big forehead look bigger

Based on literally ever poster who comes on here and says "I have a big forehead", I can 99% guarantee you that you don't. Your forehead is only "big" if it is significantly outside of the aesthetically pleasing proportionality with the rest of your face. Easy test: measure the distance between the tip of your nose and your chin. Now measure the distance between the middle of your eyebrows (glabella) and the mid-frontal point of the hairline. They should be roughly the same, or the forehead distance slightly larger. This is the more common configuration for caucasian males (the opposite way round is much rarer).

And you absolutely do have enough hair to frame your face. This isn't subjective - you literally have more than enough hair. I appreciate you're hung up on it and will find it hard to see the wood for the trees (but I assume this is why you've come here - not for yes men that will talk you into surgery but for critical feedback with no vested interest beyond making sure you get sound advice) but facial framing only requires a strong central forelock with decent density. A deeper recession does not impact the framing if the central forelock is strong. There's a critical tipping point where framing starts to go but you're not remotely close to that yet. So many very famous cases to point to... Jude Law, Johnny Depp, Clint Eastwood, Bob Odenkirk etc.