Using Beard and Chest Hair

• Administrators

There will be a difference. If you have straight hair and a very curly beard/chest hair its not a good option. But if you have a relatively straight beard and hair it looks good. The beard heals miraculously too. 

IMG_6721.png

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor

I’ve had beard and chest hair transplanted (along with over 7k scalp grafts). No one as far as I know has picked that I’ve had a hair transplant. Like all things much of the work comes down to the skill and experience of the surgeon. All the best. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

My hair looks a lot better after using nearly 6500 beard and chest grafts than it did before.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Moderators
22 hours ago, kapow552 said:

Who here thinks that using hair from the  beard and chest will end up looking fake even if they were to go with  someone like Dr Pittella? While this is an option for someone with limited grafts but at the end of the day is worth it when your hair looks odd?

Have you looked at any of the Pittella cases? Most of those patients went from being completely bald to having a nearly full head of hair. Do they look odd? I don't think so. Which one would you rather be: The bald "Before" guy or the nearly full head of hair "After" guy?

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Valued Contributor
22 hours ago, kapow552 said:

Who here thinks that using hair from the  beard and chest will end up looking fake even if they were to go with  someone like Dr Pittella? While this is an option for someone with limited grafts but at the end of the day is worth it when your hair looks odd?

The hair will only look 'odd' if there's a significant discrepancy between the beard and scalp hair (eg, fine, straight, light scalp hair versus thick, coarse, curly dark beard hair) and/or the beard hair is clustered together rather than blended in diffusely among transplanted or native scalp hair.

We have one case where curly beard hair was clumped into the middle of an empty double crown that was natively straight and fine and it looked like a bird's nest on the top of the head. Other than that case, most beard hair usage looks indistinguishable to scalp hair in all the various transplants showcased here.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Gatsby said:

I’ve had beard and chest hair transplanted (along with over 7k scalp grafts). No one as far as I know has picked that I’ve had a hair transplant. Like all things much of the work comes down to the skill and experience of the surgeon. All the best. 

I think many of us with a limited number of grafts would love to have 7k available in our scalps as that alone would  make a huge difference!

1 hour ago, Al - Moderator said:

Have you looked at any of the Pittella cases? Most of those patients went from being completely bald to having a nearly full head of hair. Do they look odd? I don't think so. Which one would you rather be: The bald "Before" guy or the nearly full head of hair "After" guy?

I’ve consulted with some top doctors who don’t use beard  or chest hair and they say it can look fake. However, I've seen  Pittella’s results and they look great. Still it's one thing to see pictures and another to see how the hair looks in person.