Change Beard Sub for Repair Sub

Exchange Beard Sub for Repair Sub  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Administrators

A few users requested the beard sub but vanished after its inception. I think the repair section would be more helpful. Who thinks we should change the beard section for the repair section?

• Thanks 1

I was just an inch away from booking a a hairmill based on google reviews before i stumbled upon this goldmine of a forum. 

I’m a paid administrator for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive compensation from any clinic, and my comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Matthias said:

The beard sub is for beard restoration and not so much for using beard hair on the scalp, right?

All things related to beard

• Like 1

I was just an inch away from booking a a hairmill based on google reviews before i stumbled upon this goldmine of a forum. 

I’m a paid administrator for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive compensation from any clinic, and my comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Moderators

I vote No.

Although the beard transplant board doesn't get much traffic, I think it should stay as its for those who want to transplant into their beard to get a more full beard. There's not going to be a lot of people looking for that, but if you are someone looking for it, it's hard to find cases without having a specific place for them. A repair section would be different than that.

I'd like to see a repair section, but I am concerned that everyone going for a 2nd or 3rd HT will be posting i the repair section which will just muddy it all up with hair transplant reviews being posted in several areas.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, Al - Moderator said:

I vote No.

Although the beard transplant board doesn't get much traffic, I think it should stay as its for those who want to transplant into their beard to get a more full beard. There's not going to be a lot of people looking for that, but if you are someone looking for it, it's hard to find cases without having a specific place for them. A repair section would be different than that.

I'd like to see a repair section, but I am concerned that everyone going for a 2nd or 3rd HT will be posting i the repair section which will just muddy it all up with hair transplant reviews being posted in several areas.

Strong points: there should be a differentiation between requiring another surgery to add density vs. repairing mis-angled grafts or overharvested donors.

• Like 1

View my thread

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Strong points: there should be a differentiation between requiring another surgery to add density vs. repairing mis-angled grafts or overharvested donors.

There certainly needs to be a distinction. Adding grafts is not a “repair”. A repair requires punching offending grafts back out, restocking donor areas… basically some element of reversal of previous work. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Berba11 said:

There certainly needs to be a distinction. Adding grafts is not a “repair”. A repair requires punching offending grafts back out, restocking donor areas… basically some element of reversal of previous work. 

I think sometimes grafts are so wrongly distrubuted after HT, that even adding more grafts with correct angles and direction can be counted as repair. And surgeon can make donor more uniform by homogenous extraction. 

Yes, im talking about my case. Look at the angles of my hair that they implanted in frontal third. Hair are too perpendicular to scalp. But even without extracting them, you can add more hair on midscalp with better angles, that will flatten hair in front. And fixing my "disconnections" is maybe just adding more grafts, but surgeon has to do carefull planning which wasn't done by previous surgeon. So to sum up, i don't think that repairs are only about reversal. 

However i would rather post my new topic in Hair Transplant Reviews, because my surgery is not only about repairing and it is going to be ~ 5000 grafts surgery after all. 

Edited by GeneralNorwood

5 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

A few users requested the beard sub but vanished after its inception. I think the repair section would be more helpful. Who thinks we should change the beard section for the repair section?

Why not both? 😅

I think that both subs are quite niche compared to classic HTs.(altough repairs are gaining more and more popularity)

I don't know what is possible with engine on this forum but theoritacally you can change name to "Repairs and Beard Transplant" and below there can be 2 seperate sectons to choose "Repairs" next to it "Beard transplant". 

This is just just quickly done in Paint to show what i have in mind: 

Zrzutekranu2024-10-08023134.png.5a68d7e6cb93ed4a06afc8e706b7cdfc.png

• Valued Contributor

Can we keep the beard section and have a repair section as well? I agree beard transplants are in the minority but beards are culturally valued and popular with some. However I definitely think we need to have a repair section of it's own. Sadly every week we see a post that is asking for advice for a repair and repairs can make up the bulk of the work for many transplant surgeons.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
14 hours ago, GeneralNorwood said:

I think sometimes grafts are so wrongly distrubuted after HT, that even adding more grafts with correct angles and direction can be counted as repair. And surgeon can make donor more uniform by homogenous extraction. 

Yes, im talking about my case. Look at the angles of my hair that they implanted in frontal third. Hair are too perpendicular to scalp. But even without extracting them, you can add more hair on midscalp with better angles, that will flatten hair in front. And fixing my "disconnections" is maybe just adding more grafts, but surgeon has to do carefull planning which wasn't done by previous surgeon. So to sum up, i don't think that repairs are only about reversal. 

However i would rather post my new topic in Hair Transplant Reviews, because my surgery is not only about repairing and it is going to be ~ 5000 grafts surgery after all. 

In fairness yours is a bit of a grey area as to whether it should be called a “repair”. Probably it should, because the planning and execution was such a mess than your hair was left in an odd way in terms of the disconnection. Also ideally the hairline should have some extractions too (even if you don’t do it). 

So I suppose in some sense you can “repair” by adding grafts, though it’s rare. Maybe yours is more of a ‘correction’ than a repair. 

But I definitely think the forum needs a place where all the repair/corrective work can be found in one place. We see a lot of people asking about repairs so to be able to just go into one sub and see case after case will be massive for patients in need of help. 

• Like 1