Advice needed 10 years+ after two FUTS

36 years old had 2 futs done by dr Brian goertz in Seattle no longer around

have been on finast/Minox for a while but density just isn’t there, I have ZERO desire to do another procedure.

a big part of me wants to give up and rock the buzz but the scar is just way to noticeable

have been debating doing smp entire head and also debating just doing smp on scar and giving up on top

IMG_2037.jpeg

IMG_2098.jpeg

• Moderators

OK. I know this is the SMP section and I know you said you don't want to do another hair transplant, but I think you should try FUEing some grafts into the scar first before trying SMP. If you have beard hair you can take a few hundred grafts from below your chin.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

2 minutes ago, Al - Moderator said:

OK. I know this is the SMP section and I know you said you don't want to do another hair transplant, but I think you should try FUEing some grafts into the scar first before trying SMP. If you have beard hair you can take a few hundred grafts from below your chin.

Very interesting that may be worth looking into, so just doing fue into the scar from the beard that will allow me to buzz it down to 0 and still cover scar?

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, KB88 said:

Very interesting that may be worth looking into, so just doing fue into the scar from the beard that will allow me to buzz it down to 0 and still cover scar?

Hopefully, yes, you will be able to buzz down without noticing the scar. It should at least be an improvement. You could then try adding some SMP if you still need improvement, but I think it's better to try getting real hair there first. @Gatsby had SMP into his scars and later had FUE into the scars. Maybe he can respond here.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, Al - Moderator said:

This is where I would start as well. 

I've seen many of my SMP clients that have attempted putting grafts into their strip scars. I think it is effective if the client is wearing their hair longer but for a shaved look like this, not so much. The growth/yield I have seen in scars is mixed. I've done plenty of cases like yours so feel free to reach out for a consult (I own/operate Ahead Ink SMP in Northern New Jersey). 

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

On 10/7/2024 at 11:57 AM, KB88 said:

have been on finast/Minox for a while but density just isn’t there, I have ZERO desire to do another procedure.

Did you have better density a year after FUTs and lost transplanted/native hair over time? Or you never achieved good density despite two transplants?