Finasteride & Insomnia???

After 4 months on topical Fin I developed insomnia, barely an hour a night sleep. I stopped the Fin & after 9/10 days the insomnia disappeared… I left it 3 weeks and started the topical again, after 3 applications over 6 days the insomnia is back again! 

Has anybody else experienced Insomnia as a side & if so, is there a way around it? Like using it in the morning instead of the night ect.. if I can’t use the topical Fin I’m out of ideas for a anti androgen 😔 

8 hours ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

ya, its a common side effect

try 1ml 0.025% in the morning

if that doesnt work, try topical dut, ironically it has often less sideeffects

the dose I take is 1ml at 0.025% so will defo give it a try in the morning instead. Thank you 

6 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Before ditching the drug @Big Rome take it when you wake up in the morning and see how you go. Wishing you all the best!

thank you brother, will give this a go starting tomorrow 👊🏼

• Like 1

Insomnia is a common side of finasteride 

• Thanks 1

Minoxidil : 5% topical 1ml/day (with Melatonin 0.0033%, Fisetin 1%, Resveratrol 2%, NMN 1%, Ginko 1%, Caffein 0.2%)
DHT and Follicular androgen receptor inhibitor : Topical dutasteride 0.05% once a week + Fluridil 2ml/day + Pyrilutamide Koshine826 1% 1ml/day
Exosome Mesotherapy 1mm : human Umbilical Chord Exosomes ; see my progress pics here.

• Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear this @Big Rome but it's just not worth taking if you are getting constant insomnia. Everything health related both physically and mentally is based on good sleep. I've always found when quitting finasteride that by two weeks side effects disappear also.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Big Rome said:

it’s confusing me because some people say it’s not but for me it definitely was. Took a week and a half to go even after I stopped taking it 

I had insomnia when I was trying finasteride too...

• Thanks 1

Minoxidil : 5% topical 1ml/day (with Melatonin 0.0033%, Fisetin 1%, Resveratrol 2%, NMN 1%, Ginko 1%, Caffein 0.2%)
DHT and Follicular androgen receptor inhibitor : Topical dutasteride 0.05% once a week + Fluridil 2ml/day + Pyrilutamide Koshine826 1% 1ml/day
Exosome Mesotherapy 1mm : human Umbilical Chord Exosomes ; see my progress pics here.

20 hours ago, Joseph James said:

I had insomnia from oral finasteride, but not from topical. Are you using Xyon?

No brother, using a 0.025% solution from a UK transplant clinic 

20 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Sorry to hear this @Big Rome but it's just not worth taking if you are getting constant insomnia. Everything health related both physically and mentally is based on good sleep. I've always found when quitting finasteride that by two weeks side effects disappear also.

agreed brother, I’m desperate to use a anti-androgen to prevent or slow down further loss but the sides on DUT/Fin are inescapable for me 😔 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Big Rome said:

No brother, using a 0.025% solution from a UK transplant clinic 

If you can afford it, try Xyon. I've been using it for a few months now 3 times a week and (knock on wood) no side effects so far