Switching from topical dutaseride to oral finasteride thoughts on adding topical finasteride as well?

balmain

I had the same question. I would guess that adding top fin would help a tiny tiny bit in conjunction to oral fin. I read topical suppresses scalp dht a little more over oral. But others on the forum see no value doing both. 

Hairloss began at age 23. 

Oral Finasteride 1mg daily since 2006, Topical Minoxidil since 2012. Hair transplant 3,400 grafts 2019. Second hair transplant 2,400 grafts in 2023. 

4 hours ago, FinallyHT said:

I had the same question. I would guess that adding top fin would help a tiny tiny bit in conjunction to oral fin. I read topical suppresses scalp dht a little more over oral. But others on the forum see no value doing both. 

Ya I’ve been wondering if it will work faster since it’s going on the scalp and works together with the oral medicine 

17 hours ago, balmain said:

Okay can I ask did you ever try both and see a difference between each other ?

No, I didn't try both. However, I tried oral and topical fin separately

Edited by Shadman

5 hours ago, Shadman said:

No, I didn't try both. However, I tried oral and topical fin separately

Okay did you notice a difference in growth and density between oral and topical like did you get better results from oral? 

Hey, I've tried both topical and oral. Oral works alot better, for both Fin and Min. Didn't try both at once, since topical would likely go systemic and I didn't  want to risk overdosing.

1 hour ago, Andreas77 said:

Hey, I've tried both topical and oral. Oral works alot better, for both Fin and Min. Didn't try both at once, since topical would likely go systemic and I didn't  want to risk overdosing.

Okay then ya I’m hoping I get good results from the oral since I’ve always only done topical