Began topical finasteride this month (October), does it matter if I get my hair transplant in February (4 months on fin) or March (5 months)?

SuhDude

Hi all,

I just began topical finasteride, minoxidil & dutasteride this month (October) ahead of my HT in February/March. I have seen a lot of information, specifically on Reddit, around NEEDING to be on Finasteride for 12 months prior to a hair transplant. I had a negative experience with oral finasteride's sexual side effects years back and I hesitantly began taking it again this month, topically this time.

I am a Norwood IV/V, diffuse thinner. There really is not much hair at all in the front of my head which is where I want to focus 90% of my grafts. Given that there's not much hair on the front of my head, I don't see Finasteride regrowing anything along my hairline. Do people not advocate for using Finasteride to regrow what hair you might have somewhere? To strengthen the hair where you intend on getting an HT? I am not regrowing my hairline lol I'd love to though

Seeing that I'll only be on Finasteride for 4 or 5 months prior to this hair transplant; does the timing of the transplant matter that much? I would prefer to get this done in February so I can begin healing but understand people preach being on Fin for as long as possible. I am willing to book in March and potentially entertain booking in April but medication aside, I want this done ASAP.

Would love any feedback, thank you!

unnamed (2).jpg