Can oral minoxidil be the difference between a successful HT and a failure???

Hello friends

I had a hair transplant (my 2nd in the same area) of 1610 grafts in the hairline and temples, to really close off the hairline with a well known Dr

Im in my early 40's , stable hairloss and taking dutasteride daily, I am approaching 10 months and I have a few new sprouts her and there but the area of the low hairline hasn't grown at all and I'm getting very concerned, the Dr recommended 2.5 mg of oral minoxidil to take from the surgery, but it's a medication I don't want to take for personal reasons, now my Dr is telling me to wait but is kind of telling me not using oral minoxidil maybe affected the results

I feel he is covering his back and the lack of results by blaming me for not taking oral minox

I understand transplanted hairs don't need minoxidil to survive right?? it can speed the process but that's it

Why would I need to take oral minoxidil?

Can not using oral minoxidil be the REASON for a failure of a transplant or lack of growth?

thanks much

• Valued Contributor
50 minutes ago, Liamys said:

Can not using oral minoxidil be the REASON for a failure of a transplant or lack of growth?

No. The overwhelming majority of patients are not using oral minoxidil.

Who is the surgeon? And can you share any photos?