Should I do FUE or FUT

Depends on how many surgeries you are willing to do. If it’s just one, I believe it will have to be a FUE megasession including beard extraction. Not sure if you can get 6000 grafts plus from a single FUT, even with beard extraction.

If you're looking to keep your hair the length it is in the photos then you might need to stick with FUE. You'll need to keep it around 5mm to a cm longer to hide most FUT scars unless you get lucky.

FUT is a more efficient use of the donor, therefore, if you have NW6/7 in your family it might be a good idea to do FUT (1 or 2) followed by FUE and beard FUE.

If you're adamant on not taking any medications it's going to be tough to maintain, you will likely need multiple procedures as the loss continues.

Preventative: Dutasteride 0.5mg po qd, Minoxidil 2.5mg po qd

Concealment: DermMatch, XFusion

Replacement: FUT 2500 (Year 2016), FUT 2800 (Year 2024)

3 minutes ago, Hazy said:

If you're looking to keep your hair the length it is in the photos then you might need to stick with FUE. You'll need to keep it around 5mm to a cm longer to hide most FUT scars unless you get lucky.

FUT is a more efficient use of the donor, therefore, if you have NW6/7 in your family it might be a good idea to do FUT (1 or 2) followed by FUE and beard FUE.

If you're adamant on not taking any medications it's going to be tough to maintain, you will likely need multiple procedures as the loss continues.

I’m ok with having a bald crown. I would just like hair on the front 2/3 of my head. Do you think that’s possible to do long term if I continue to progress ?

4 minutes ago, JSR990 said:

I’m ok with having a bald crown. I would just like hair on the front 2/3 of my head. Do you think that’s possible to do long term if I continue to progress ?

Hair on the front 2/3 will be much more attainable. If that's your goal, the only real risk is the "lateral humps" (see photo) may recede and you'll need filling in at those areas over time. Note that some people won't have the lateral humps recede, that's one of the big differences between NW 6 and NW7, you can look at family members to gauge. 

Additionally, if you're looking for front 2/3 coverage, either FUE or FUT may work and you can pick based on which hair style you're hoping to wear.

Untitled.png

Edited by Hazy
  • Like 1

Preventative: Dutasteride 0.5mg po qd, Minoxidil 2.5mg po qd

Concealment: DermMatch, XFusion

Replacement: FUT 2500 (Year 2016), FUT 2800 (Year 2024)