Clinic for repair?

Hi everyone, 

I had a hair transplant a year ago to restore the hairline and I feel quite disappointed… There is a lack of density which makes the hairline look unnatural.

I am a bit concerned about harvesting again the donor area with another procedure but at the same time I can’t stay with this result. I want to have a second transplant but this time I have to choose wisely where to have it done. 

I am based in the UK so I would like to stay in the UK ideally but I may consider traveling to Belgium if necessary.

I would like a surgeon who is good with repairs or second procedures, and who is experienced with curly and afro hair.

Any recommendation?

As Berba said, pictures will help a lot. If you only issue is lack of density, your repair procedure will not be difficult.

Experienced with curly and afro hair and you may consider traveling to Belgium - Bisanga or Mwamba. Both have a lot of experience in both afro hair and repair procedures and they are based in Belgium.

In case you want to stay in the UK, dr Ball has performed many repairs as well, but honestly I have no idea to which extent he is experienced with curly and afro hair.

• Valued Contributor
27 minutes ago, saltito said:

Thanks for your replies. These are pictures taken recently. It looks actually worse on this close up than in reality but it shows what the issue is.

I did not have the procedure done in a clinic recommended on this forum which I discovered too late unfortunately.

IMG_0749.jpeg

IMG_0750.jpeg

Ok so poor growth essentially. Who was the clinic surgeon? It seems they are either not very good or simply not experienced with your hair type. Knowing who did it will act as an important point of reference for other patients thinking of going to the same clinic. 

Correcting this will just require another pass with a better survival rate. It’s a shame to have lost those grafts but you have what looks like a pretty full head of hair. How old are you and are you taking finasteride?

Any of the excellent Belgian surgeons like Bisanga, Lupanzula or Mwamba would be great options to consult with. 

We have some really good UK surgeons now but I’m not sure how much collective experience there is with Afro hair among them. Dr Ball is the most experienced of the UK options and would be most likely to have such cases. 

• Like 1

@Berba11Giving you great advice, I would also add @DrTBarghouthiwho also does some very good work with afro centric hair.

If you remained here in the UK and had it done then unfortunately I don't consider we really have any good choices for doing afro hair, definitely look at as many results as possible from the names given, it's worth travelling! 

You can't afford another miss, our donor area is finite, let's see how you're donor area is looking? 

Be interesting to see how many grafts were taken and then implanted here. 

Edited by Britanium

• Valued Contributor

@saltito have a look at surgeons like Dr Bisanga , Dr Mwamba, etc. You will have to travel unfortunately but finding a good repair surgeon is harder than finding a good surgeon in itself at times. Wishing you all the best!

• Like 1

Thanks for your advice. I had the first surgery in the UK. They took between 1800 and 1900 grafts. From what they said there is 70% regrowth and they admitted it’s not enough. So they offered to do a repair surgery free of charge… But I don’t wanna take the risk to have another failed procedure. I am lucky to have thick hair but I’ve been told the donor area is not that dense so I wanna be careful.

I am 31 years old and I haven’t had active hair loss for quite a long time so I am not taking any medication at the moment. I am thinking of starting Finasteride at some point.

I’ve had a look at some options and it seems UK surgeons are crazily expensive for a second procedure as they charge extra when it’s a repair (even for a small number of grafts). Is it as expensive in Belgium?

• Valued Contributor
16 minutes ago, saltito said:

I had the first surgery in the UK.

Help us out... Which clinic?

17 minutes ago, saltito said:

as they charge extra when it’s a repair

I can't imagine yours would incur an extra charge as it's as straight forward as just doing the HT the first time around. Repairs tend to incur additional costs when it's a complicated repair, such as removing grafts from a hairline or restocking a donor area.

@saltito you can check on us at HDC Hair Clinic in Cyprus, our doctors have a lot of experience with repairs with affordable prices, I myself a repair patient of the clinic.

You can check on us many personal reviews on this forum including repairs, if you interested with consultation you are welcome to pm or contact my WhatApp +972526542654

My repair journey: 

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic.

For consultation, WhatsApp: +972526542654

Maildoronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.