Finasteride

Depends on the dose for me mate…

- tried 1mg/day had sides

- tried 0.5mg/day still sides

- then tried 0.25mg every other day, no sides and increased to every day after a month and have been taking that dose now for maybe 6 months or more.

everyone is different so worth trying different doses, but some is better than none

• Like 1

Yea I was told to start taking as I’m looking at getting a hair transplant next year if finances allow but told I’ll be on finasteride for life with a couple months break here and there so thinking about getting some now and trying it out 

It's very personal how it effects between every user.

We have patients who use daily oral Finasteride over years without side effects, and others like me who suffered libido side effects, but today I use topical formula of Finasteride mixed with Minoxidil over 3 years without side effects, very rare to have complaints from topical formula.

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic.

For consultation, WhatsApp: +972526542654

Maildoronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

• Valued Contributor
28 minutes ago, Doron Harati said:

It's very personal how it effects between every user.

We have patients who use daily oral Finasteride over years without side effects, and others like me who suffered libido side effects, but today I use topical formula of Finasteride mixed with Minoxidil over 3 years without side effects, very rare to have complaints from topical formula.

👆

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

21 minutes ago, Ash1989 said:

I’m going to get some and give it a try what is the lowest dose I could possibly take and still have the benefit from it ? 

You read of 0,2 mg per day here and there.

1 hour ago, sankhadip Samanta said:

I recommend getting baseline blood work done before starting finasteride to monitor your health and any potential changes.

That makes sense I will look into that so basically if my dht isn’t high I wouldn’t need finasteride? Or maybe really small dose 

1 hour ago, Matthias said:

You read of 0,2 mg per day here and there.

Yea every other and all sorts of different information I’m just collecting information before I make a finalised decision on surgery drugs ect 

Just now, Ash1989 said:

image.thumb.png.c73b6a65bfba8f76bb7bad32e7dec8b6.pngimage.thumb.png.c73b6a65bfba8f76bb7bad32e7dec8b6.pngimage.thumb.png.2ab21f5e1be6ccbb21627534c996f692.pngimage.thumb.png.d8ab49575213bc959ceae6e3144949a9.pngimage.thumb.png.16971cf16b3d391958fab10bf282d63b.pngimage.thumb.png.06269cf4e1aad1cbdc9a5f6e0c4c9afd.png

As you can see I’ve already had smp done before which looked ok but now I’m considering a hair transplant I’ve been told by a couple of places 6000 grafts some from beard ect different prices like I said I’m just collecting information at this stage 

thanks ☺️ 

1 hour ago, Ash1989 said:

That makes sense I will look into that so basically if my dht isn’t high I wouldn’t need finasteride? Or maybe really small dose 

Sensitivity to DHT and local scalp dht matters more than systemic DHT. It's hard to give an accurate judgement of donor without it being grown out a little, but optically looks a little sparse.

Although personally I am very sensitive to these meds, lot of people can tolerate them just fine. I would try it out and see if it works for you. 

6 hours ago, Ash1989 said:

Hi is there anybody on here that hasn’t had any side effects from using finasteride thanks 

Most people don't. Side effects happen in a small minority of people. Don't take it from me, or from any other one on this forum. Go check all the studies published on the subject of Finasteride

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 4chanhrn said:

Sensitivity to DHT and local scalp dht matters more than systemic DHT. It's hard to give an accurate judgement of donor without it being grown out a little, but optically looks a little sparse.

Although personally I am very sensitive to these meds, lot of people can tolerate them just fine. I would try it out and see if it works for you. 

Yea I am a little thin at the back but only been a week without shaving my head it’s been razor 🪒 shaved for a few years so was going to try thicken it up a little bit 

2 hours ago, Ash1989 said:

I wouldn’t need finasteride

You should get baseline levels of estradiol and testosterone checked, as well as LH, FSH, and progesterone, since I've read that these hormones can be affected by the pill. Unfortunately, I forgot to take baseline measurements myself. I recommend consulting a professional and undergoing these tests under their guidance.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
7 hours ago, Ash1989 said:

I’m going to get some and give it a try what is the lowest dose I could possibly take and still have the benefit from it ? 

Theoretically you can dose it as small as you’re able to cut the pills. 

Im not a doctor, but if you wanted to ease your way in you could take 0.5mg two or three days a week maximum and see how you get on. You then have the option of upping the dosage or upping the frequency (or both). A lot of guys take 0.5mg Mon/Wed/Fri and seem to do well. I currently do this same schedule with 1mg, but will probably revert back to 0.5mg soon.