proscar splitting

Proscar is 5-sided, making it difficlult to split completely evenly.

I don't think it would be easy to split into eighths. You could try taking a quarter every other day (ask your doctor about that).

Some guys have ground it up and made it into a solution, and drank it little by little... I don't know if I would go there. Even if it worked, it's a hassle. It seems a little kooky but then again, maybe not.

It is a little tricky to split a tablet, because at some point you are dealing with fragments and crumbling. Maybe this is something you want to try first. If you have a good relationship with a pharmacist, maybe you want to ask them what they think. Or see if they will sell you a single Proscar, the next time you are picking up your Propecia, and try splitting one.

My opinion is that splitting it into eighths is going to be a pain.

Robertt,

I faced the same dilema as you since I take 1/2mg daily (effectivly), sure I want the cheaper Proscar but splitting is a bear, even with a cutter. 8 sections just dont work easily.

I chose to take the 1/2mg daily so I just bought Propecia and split in half, sometimes added convenience is a bit more expensive.

If you find a better way, let me know too !

NW

I "cut" my proscar into 1/4's by biting off the corners so to speak. 1/8ths would have to be difficult to bite. I'm sure my portions aren't even though so therefore my dosage is up and down everyday.I'm not to worried unless I start turning into a shemale icon_biggrin.gif

I think the crushing method sounds the easiest though.